Tyree worked out for bills (Edit: SIGNED as UDFA)

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes, MAC players are terrible. Like Khalil Mack, Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Kareem Hunt, Antonio Gates, Ben Roethlisberger and James Harrison.

7 out of how many and how many years?  I know it sucks I like UB Football too but his grade is his grade and Hodge in out of the top 150 (there I will be nice)

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

7 out of how many and how many years?  I know it sucks I like UB Football too but his grade is his grade and Hodge in out of the top 150 (there I will be nice)

I'm not going to quibble but I feel I need to point out those 7 are superstars. There are dozens of MAC depth guys in the NFL as well. The MAC is not some black hole devoid of football talent.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not going to quibble but I feel I need to point out those 7 are superstars. There are dozens of MAC depth guys in the NFL as well. The MAC is not some black hole devoid of football talent.

Did I say it is?  All I said is the MAC so yes their will always be level of competition questions with players from the MAC. Then at higher than a 5 second 40 for a LBer and hence the stock becomes 6-UDFA 

I do think he would make sense as a 7th because you can just sit him for a couple of years as your backup and there aren't going to be many voices crying 'start him' as soon as Allen has a bad thow. And if he doesn't show anything then you can let him walk without much lost

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

I wonder what "local" is.  If Syracuse is local, get those guys in as well.  Dungy would be another strong-arm developmental QB to pair with Allen. 

And Slaton is worth a look at Edge. 

Hodge would be a nice UDFA pickup if he falls out of the draft. 

Dungy was a really good college qb but he is far from strong armed.  I don’t think he has a nfl future unless he switches positions.  He’s a good athlete and tough.  He might be a good slot receiver.

31 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I do think he would make sense as a 7th because you can just sit him for a couple of years as your backup and there aren't going to be many voices crying 'start him' as soon as Allen has a bad thow. And if he doesn't show anything then you can let him walk without much lost

Oh, trust me.  There would be a LOT of people calling for Tyree if Allen had a bad game.  Howard Simon went so far as to say in an article that "we should start talking seriously about Tyree Jackson" if Allen doesn't show improvement through the remainder of the season.

Tyree would be a good QB3 for the Bills.  He's a developmental guy, has a similar build and skill set to Allen, and could develop behind Allen and Barkley.  It seems odd to have both Barkley and Anderson on the roster.  Anderson seems to be beyond his playing years, but has a good influence in the room.  Perhaps he makes it through most of training camp, collecting various bonuses, etc. to make it worth his while, then is "released" and becomes an assistant QB coach/analyst, working with Daboll and Dorsey.  That would leave room for a younger developmental guy like Tyree to hold down the QB3 spot behind Allen and Barkley.  The other angle would be to keep the 2 veterans and try to stash a developmental guy on the Practice Squad.  Obviously, you run the risk of losing the player to another team's active roster if you go that route.

Edited by msw2112

7 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Let me ask a question: if Tyree Jackson DIDN'T play for UB, would people still be pounding the table as hard as they are for him to be drafted in the 6th or 7th to "sit behind Allen and Barkley to develop?"

I wouldn’t. UDFA for me same with Hodge 

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was referring to LB Khalil Hodge, not QB Tyree Jackson.

What are your thoughts about Khalil making it as one of the best defensive ST players in today's NFL....and starting out as a back up in the middle? I think he would be a steal w/ a fifth.Keep in mind...Beane attended two of our home games this year...I would assume he's on his radar.

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not feeling Tyree but would love the Bills to look at AJ, LB Khalil Hodge and C Charles O'Hagen.

James O’Hagan 

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Because he is Slow, Small, limited and well is a MAC player 

He isn’t small For a modern LBr...  but he is slow...

and the MAC has produced really good football players... you obviously don’t watch much MAC ball... that’s a lazy assessment that the MAC can’t put out ball players

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was referring to LB Khalil Hodge, not QB Tyree Jackson.

Since he ran his 40 in 5.0 he has definitely been slipping...

unfortunately cant see him going top 3 with that time... I think he still has value but needs to show he can play at nfl speed

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Are we both talking about Khalil Hodge? I think being optimistic, Johnson might sneak into the 4th. I think he'll at least be drafted at some point, though he seems to be rated outside the top 20 WRs in the draft by most people at this point. I'm less optimistic about Hodge; he was never viewed close to the same level of prospect as Johnson and he's probably hurt his stock worse in the lead up to the draft than Johnson did.

Edit: It's difficult to find mocks that go deep enough to include Hodge, but a few sources:

Matt Miller has him rated as the #41 off-ball LB in the draft with an undrafted grade - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829000-nfl-draft-400-ranking-the-drafts-top-linebackers#slide10

Dane Brugler's 7 round mock has Hodge going undrafted - https://theathletic.com/909149/2019/04/08/dane-bruglers-mock-draft-5-0-projecting-all-seven-rounds-and-all-254-selections/

WalterFootball is the most optimistic that I've seen, ranking him as the #25 inside linebacker with a draft range of 5th-7th rounds (though this has him listed at a 4.72 40 when he didn't even hit 5 seconds at his Pro Day, which is generally faster than official times to boot) - https://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php

NFL.com has him graded as a UDFA (and I believe their #36 ILB prospect if I'm counting correctly) - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/khalil-hodge?id=3219484f-4425-7085-52f4-8666ba393f79

He's been constantly talked about throughout the year as a guy hoping to be taken on Day 3 and like I said, that was before he fell on his face at his pro day. It's still possible he gets drafted, but I would be blown away if anyone touches him on the first two days of the draft.

In the summer he was definitely talked about as a top 3-4 round pick... he was ranked consistently as the best player in the MAC with AJ #2

he did get gassed as the season progressed and his lack of 40 killed any chance of a high pick

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

James O’Hagan 

He isn’t small For a modern LBr...  but he is slow...

and the MAC has produced really good football players... you obviously don’t watch much MAC ball... that’s a lazy assessment that the MAC can’t put out ball players

716..first thing I thought..MajBobby reads national bs..I highly doubt he watched him/Bulls 5 times this past year on ESPN 3 plus. You and Promo are UB sports gods..almost near my level.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Since he ran his 40 in 5.0 he has definitely been slipping...

unfortunately cant see him going top 3 with that time... I think he still has value but needs to show he can play at nfl speed

In the summer he was definitely talked about as a top 3-4 round pick... he was ranked consistently as the best player in the MAC with AJ #2

he did get gassed as the season progressed and his lack of 40 killed any chance of a high pick

AJ was ranked 11 th over all by CBS back in May.His hammy did him in last year...I would gobble him up in the 4th,with 100% faith.He would be our number two next year with a healthy leg.