Tyree worked out for bills (Edit: SIGNED as UDFA)

Doubt it happens unless he really drops. I’m in the boat of drafting a a qb almost every year until you get it right 

Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson is working for the #Bills at their local day today, source said. If they’re looking for a big, athletic QB to pair with their big, athletic QB, Jackson certainly would fit the ... bill.

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The local guys don’t count against their visits correct? If so, it makes sense for the Bills to talk to every UB player that is going to the NFL. 

Not feeling Tyree but would love the Bills to look at AJ, LB Khalil Hodge and C Charles O'Hagen.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Put me in the camp that would be fine using a 5th on him. That said, I'd be surprised. They seem to like the QB room right now with Barkley and Anderson working with Josh. 

I would be ok with making Anderson a QB coach if another roster spot is needed.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, ALF said:

I would be ok with making Anderson a QB coach if another roster spot is needed.

...contract is certainly structured for that move IMO.............

Derek Anderson signed a 1 year, $1,120,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $90,000 signing bonus, $90,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,120,000. In 2019, Anderson will earn a base salary of $1,030,000 and a signing bonus of $90,000, while carrying a cap hit of $735,000 and a dead cap value of $90,000.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not feeling Tyree but would love the Bills to look at AJ, LB Khalil Hodge and C Charles O'Hagen.

Yeah, I tend to agree. If the Bills are considering a QB though Tyree is the type of guy to take a swing on in the 6th or 7th. You can buy the lottery ticket at that point.

• Like (+1) 2

Build as thick of a file as possible on every player headed for the NFL. Never know what a few years will bring. Tyree goes in the top four rounds. Getting the backup of the future in the 4th isn't ludicrous. But I hope we're pretty well set at QB, including depth, for at least the next few seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I would think he's a possibility as an UDFA guy. He was viewed as a 6th or 7th and that was before he absolutely tanked his pro day.

At any rate, like one of the other posters said, they don't count against our 30 visits so it makes sense to bring them all in as long as we have the time to fit them in.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s the next Logan Thomas 

Maybe but he definitely deserves a shot at playing qb.  I know he’s not on Allen’s level but he has similar tools and put up similar college numbers in at worst the same level of conference.  

IMO, if you believe in your coaches, he is the perfect developmental qb.  I would love that pick later in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I tend to agree. If the Bills are considering a QB though Tyree is the type of guy to take a swing on in the 6th or 7th. You can buy the lottery ticket at that point.

It’s kinda weird the way some people dismiss.  If he stayed for his senior, he would be the best qb in UB’s history.  

Put it this way, I won’t feel great if NE drafted him.

1 minute ago, skibum said:

I am hoping we use the low-round picks to trade up, not to pick a QB project. 

Can we stop trading up?  This is not what good teams do. 

42 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Put me in the camp that would be fine using a 5th on him. That said, I'd be surprised. They seem to like the QB room right now with Barkley and Anderson working with Josh. 

Barkley looked serviceable as a backup last year but Anderson is toast and would be better served in an advising/coaching role for Allen imo. I think taking someone like Tyree Jackson makes sense on day 3. 

• Like (+1) 1