No Masters thread??!!

eball

What a fantastic last round......there were what, 5 tied and 8 within a stroke at one point?  And then to watch them fall apart under the pressure one by one, all except Tiger. 

Congrats to him, great moment in golf history.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I honestly thought we would never see him win a major again.

Agreed. There certainly was a time not that long ago, anyway. I remember his last major win at the US open, the talk radio opinion ( and my own ) was simply when and by how many would he overtake Jack. It seemed inevitable at the time , then disaster struck. As time went on the forgone conclusion flipped the wrong way. Last tour season brought the possibility back. Amazing story of redemption and a return to the winners circle that the golf world was hoping for ! While Nicklaus’s record is still off in the distance, it’s no longer unattainable. I hope we can see it happen, as we surely won’t see anyone come close again in our lifetime. Bravo, Tiger !

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ajaxmt10 said:

Vintage Sunday from Tiger. I'm still in shock. That was so much fun to watch.

You know what else is vintage? The guys playing with him buckled under the pressure. Their scores weren’t horrible, but they’re the only two guys in the top 10 who didn’t break par. 

57 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Agreed. There certainly was a time not that long ago, anyway. I remember his last major win at the US open, the talk radio opinion ( and my own ) was simply when and by how many would he overtake Jack. It seemed inevitable at the time , then disaster struck. As time went on the forgone conclusion flipped the wrong way. Last tour season brought the possibility back. Amazing story of redemption and a return to the winners circle that the golf world was hoping for ! While Nicklaus’s record is still off in the distance, it’s no longer unattainable. I hope we can see it happen, as we surely won’t see anyone come close again in our lifetime. Bravo, Tiger !

2013 was a good year for him...the whole marriage thing was bad, but the injuries from 2014-2017 would have been the real death blow

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

What happened to the "Is Tiger Woods done?" thread? I searched and couldn't find it including archives.  Maybe it was scuttled? 

I could not find it either.... I can’t imagine why it would have been scuttled.  I don’t recall it being a controversial thread.

19-0, baby!

Oh....sorry, I got lost......

That was indeed a part of golf history, like when Nicklaus (you remember him, Nick O’Leary’s grandad?) won his last Masters at what, 46?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

2013 was a good year for him...the whole marriage thing was bad, but the injuries from 2014-2017 would have been the real death blow

Yep, it seemed like he might be back that year. Won 11 times iirc but no majors. 

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...WAS an avid golf watching aficionado until Eldrick's "Wankergate"...now ?....pfft.......15 majors versus 14 hoes.....YAWN.....

So the revelation that Tiger banged a few chicks in his spare time changed it all..hmmm. Ruined the dream for you ?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I could not find it either.... I can’t imagine why it would have been scuttled.  I don’t recall it being a controversial thread.

Too bad, it's always fun to revisit history. (not that I'm one to point out the errors of others or take perverse pleasure in them)

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So the revelation that Tiger banged a few chicks in his spare time changed it all..hmmm. Ruined the dream for you ?

...simply my prerogative...if your opinion differs, so be it and I respect it...EXACTLY how this place is supposed to work...no harm no foul my friend....

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...WAS an avid golf watching aficionado until Eldrick's "Wankergate"...now ?....pfft.......15 majors versus 14 hoes.....YAWN.....

OK, not for nothing, but if you dropped out of Stanford at the age of 21, to play golf for a living, and became a multi-millionaire by the age of 25, you wouldn’t occasionally dip your pen in the inkwell?

I bet Lindsay Vaughn is kicking herself tonight.

Edited by The Senator
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The haters can suck it all over again

This is my feeling too! So sweet

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

If you want to be consistent with your judgement of others, you should throw away your television. The vast majority of athletes, politicians, actors, and actresses are banging everything they can.

• Like (+1) 2

He messed up. He did it on a MUCH bigger stage than most of us do, but we all mess up in varying degrees. I won’t judge him for it, and I’m glad he made it back to the top. It’s good for him, it’s good for many fans, and it’s good for every single player on the PGA tour. He drives ratings, they make money. Period. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Needle said:

This is my feeling too! So sweet

If you want to be consistent with your judgement of others, you should throw away your television. The vast majority of athletes, politicians, actors, and actresses are banging everything they can.

The first time round I ran an office pool for the US Majors and it was just pick ten golfers and the best four, making the cut, win  the $

firm partners mostly refused to pick Woods, even after 6 majors, just a bunch of surly racist jackasses

Thanks for your $50 and refusing to pick Tiger...

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Lotta people danced on his grave when he was ranked 700th or whatever a couple years ago.