Anyone want to recap the offseason for me?

different feel with this regime. in a good way. seems needs were met in fa and now two weeks from the draft. excited. haven't had this much optimism in some time, many years. 

real excited for the 2019 season and JA going in to his second year with a much better supporting cast around him.

Mostly there’s been a lot of posts about what the Packers are up to by some guy whose GPS can’t discern Eastern Wisconsin from Western New York. Oh, and the Bills made 17 signings that have left the area awash in the scent of pre-Super Bowl euphoria.

PS - Glad the OP is doing better. We leave no Bills fans behind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I haven't really been around the last 2 months and I did see I made a post last month that was a little hazy. I'm not throwing a pity party or anything like that but I wanted to share because I didn't know if I would ever be back to do doing the little things in life like this. Almost a couple of months ago now, I really started to notice I was "losing time". I won't get into a lot of specifics, but some things happened and I am pretty much diagnosed with schizophrenia. There were some symptoms before that I just thought were kind of strange things that were happening, it's hard to explain it. But even worse, I don't know what happened during those times and whatever I did, I emptied out almost all of my savings. I'm in my 30's and basically have to start out financially where I was in my early 20's. All of this happened in a really short span after I had been incredibly blessed health-wise my entire life, and yeah, I thought of doing the worst. I thought about it real hard. 

But I got some fight left in me. I feel better right now and medication seems to be working. I'm going to be OK. I may not ever have the life I had worked for and was driving towards, but I'll be OK. I'll be back at work soon and I'll start over. We can only do what we can do, right?

I guess the reason I wanted to share was I've really learned to be grateful for every moment and everything I do have. So I am grateful for this community, many of whom I've debated with. It wasn't too long ago that  I also wanted to say I hope people don't take all of this stuff too seriously. It seems absolutely crazy now that just a few months ago I was actually mad about things I saw in a game. Or the Patriots winning. 

At the end of the day, it's cool as ***** that we have a great community and I can walk into a Bills bar anywhere and instantly be family. And maybe one day we can actually win to make it a little sweeter. 

With that, does anyone feel like going over some of the offseason highlights? I did see some of the players we signed and it looks like the O-line should be better, but I don't know most of the guys outside of Morse. 

Glad your with us and with a proper diagnosis now you can manage it so theres always a plus to things. If you are ever feeling down reach out to your Bills family! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Bills had a ton of Cap space and draft capital. TSW rejoiced.

Bills didnt try to make any trades.  TSW said fire McBeane.

AB was put on the trade block.  Some on TSW said getr done others said no way.

Bills supposedly traded for AB.  TSW rejoiced even the posters that said no.

AB said BS not Buf. TSW cried.  Except the posters that said no and then celebrated, they denied celebrating.

The dooms day posters began making preparations for Armaggedon.

-Fire McBeane, no one will come.

-We killed it in FA.  The posters who were still not done crying rejoiced.  

-We signed every OL in the NFL an army of WR and some posters feel we have not addressed the Offense and need an OL and WR in the first two rounds.

Another Former Bills RB killed someone and AB has been doing his best Trump impersonation.

I think thats everything.?

An army of WR? Brown and Cole would have a hard time taking a house from a family of hobbits. 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

An army of WR? Brown and Cole would have a hard time taking a house from a family of hobbits. 

Have you met a family of squatting hobits? They can get snarly!  Grrrrr!  ?

Thankfully, we just need them to catch balls, get first downs and score points. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Keep fighting, Home.  I have heard that persons dealing with schizophrenia have a strong urge to stop taking medication once symptoms are under control.  Medication is absolutely necessary to keep symptoms under control.  STICK WITH THE PLAN !  It's going to make the Bills great and help you get your life back on track and keep it that way.   The off season has been pretty eventful with cap money to spend.

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

AB hates us.

Our running backs are collecting social security.

Zay Jones hasn't gotten naked in public yet.

DK Metcalf is following Josh Allen on Twitter.

Rex Ryan thinks we won the off-season.

The moon landing was fake.

The Earth is flat.

?

Really though we made some good free agent signings

Hoping the draft works out in our favor

Solid off-season

This is priceless.  Good stuff, South.

And to the OP: keep the faith, keep going.   Good times ahead.  Best wishes to you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Keep fighting, Home.  I have heard that persons dealing with schizophrenia have a strong urge to stop taking medication once symptoms are under control.  Medication is absolutely necessary to keep symptoms under control.  STICK WITH THE PLAN !  It's going to make the Bills great and help you get your life back on track and keep it that way.   The off season has been pretty eventful with cap money to spend.

Yes, this ???

From knowing a number of physicians in training - the most frustrating thing for them during psych rotations was the cycle: person gets appropriate meds, improves ->meds have side effects, person decides to stop taking meds -> descend into illness, wind up back in hospital maybe after hurting self/property/others ->gets appropriat meds, improves.

Crossing all fingers and toes OP can avoid this.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, CommonCents said:

well from one who has met more than one Hobbit in my day.

They usually live alone And are peaceful sorts.
But they have some nasty friends who will f you up.

Cole and Brown are nice guys and decent to better football players ,and have no reason to mess with hobbits though

Your point is taken.

but it is off base.
The WR group might surprise a bit if Josh can settle down and trust his pocket /O line.

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

well from one who has met more than one Hobbit in my day.

They usually live alone And are peaceful sorts.
But they have some nasty friends who will f you up.

Cole and Brown are nice guys and decent to better football players ,and have no reason to mess with hobbits though

Your point is taken.

but it is off base.
The WR group might surprise a bit if Josh can settle down and trust his pocket /O line.

I like to think of brown and Beasley as scheme fit guys rather then blue chip players which is fine with me

brown - Goodwin type speed speed speed

beasely - mr 3rd down

if ribert foster continues his 2nd half of season play he is a combination of size and speed

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I like to think of brown and Beasley as scheme fit guys rather then blue chip players which is fine with me

brown - Goodwin type speed speed speed

beasely - mr 3rd down

if ribert foster continues his 2nd half of season play he is a combination of size and speed

Beanes may or may not have alluded to not requiring a #1 rec to run the Offense.
 Bills have depth at different skill set players now. that means the Off playbook might open up another chapter or two.

Duke might be the End Zone guy who needs double coverage.
and zay was trending up late season a bit. trade potential ? lol
might be what they wanted to build all along. ( edit   a solid not spectacular  Team.) ....yet

get some TJ and you have every skill set at Pass Catcher, except having a #1  lol

Thats my kind of football. 

Go Bills !

Edited by 3rdand12