Anyone want to recap the offseason for me?

10 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I haven't really been around the last 2 months and I did see I made a post last month that was a little hazy. I'm not throwing a pity party or anything like that but I wanted to share because I didn't know if I would ever be back to do doing the little things in life like this. Almost a couple of months ago now, I really started to notice I was "losing time". I won't get into a lot of specifics, but some things happened and I am pretty much diagnosed with schizophrenia. There were some symptoms before that I just thought were kind of strange things that were happening, it's hard to explain it. But even worse, I don't know what happened during those times and whatever I did, I emptied out almost all of my savings. I'm in my 30's and basically have to start out financially where I was in my early 20's. All of this happened in a really short span after I had been incredibly blessed health-wise my entire life, and yeah, I thought of doing the worst. I thought about it real hard. 

But I got some fight left in me. I feel better right now and medication seems to be working. I'm going to be OK. I may not ever have the life I had worked for and was driving towards, but I'll be OK. I'll be back at work soon and I'll start over. We can only do what we can do, right?

I guess the reason I wanted to share was I've really learned to be grateful for every moment and everything I do have. So I am grateful for this community, many of whom I've debated with. It wasn't too long ago that  I also wanted to say I hope people don't take all of this stuff too seriously. It seems absolutely crazy now that just a few months ago I was actually mad about things I saw in a game. Or the Patriots winning. 

At the end of the day, it's cool as ***** that we have a great community and I can walk into a Bills bar anywhere and instantly be family. And maybe one day we can actually win to make it a little sweeter. 

With that, does anyone feel like going over some of the offseason highlights? I did see some of the players we signed and it looks like the O-line should be better, but I don't know most of the guys outside of Morse. 

Dude! Sorry to hear about your troubles.

We go WR's so now we have a decent WR corp! Still need a WR1 though.

We tried to get Antonio Brown, didn't go anywhere, AB said "I'd never go to Buffalo!", team and city got trashed. :(

We got a great Center to anchor the line, signed I think 5 other 'journeymen' OLinemen and we will cobble a better line to protect Josh.

Who to draft or trade (up or down)??? That is the big debate now.  If we stay at 9, do we take WR, OL, DL, TE????  

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

AB hates us.

Our running backs are collecting social security.

Zay Jones hasn't gotten naked in public yet.

DK Metcalf is following Josh Allen on Twitter.

Rex Ryan thinks we won the off-season.

The moon landing was fake.

The Earth is flat.

?

Really though we made some good free agent signings

Hoping the draft works out in our favor

Solid off-season

Sounds like we've made a ton of progress in science!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Moorman -

It's good to hear you're on the mend after what had to be a real ordeal.   Best wishes, stay on your meds, be positive. 

You know, you're still really young.   You have plenty of time to build a great life.   Be grateful for every day. 

I think the Bills had a great off-season.  There is no doubt there is more talent and more quality experience on the offensive line than a year ago.  Morse, in particular, looks to be a great addition and the anchor of the line for many years.  

Beasley and Brown look like great upgrades to a woeful receiver group, so there's hope there, too.  

Still the draft, with 10 picks, so there's more help on the way. 

Oh, and Josh Allen looks like he's emerging as the leader of the offense.

I think the Bills are positioned to do great things. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

Filled a lot of known holes with unknown (to me) talent.  Mostly guys who couldn't start somewhere else.  I hope most of them work out as planned.  If most them turn out OK, the season should be successful, barring injuries.

That's your take on free agency?  Mostly guys who couldn't start somewhere else? Yes, we did add some needed role players, but Morse, Beasley, Brown and Robert were all starters elsewhere and will almost assuredly be starters here.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Our Rookie QB is nailing the off the field stuff.   His coaches, teammates and fans all rave about how he handles everything.   Coupled with his top end physical traits and significant improvement during the second half of his rookie season has many people more optimistic than usual.

We've signed an entire new team of offensive lineman on team friendly deals.  Only one star in our new center Morse, but many reasonably well regarded part time starters/high end backups or players bouncing back from injury.  With lots of competition, it seems like we should be able to field a pretty decent OL.  This is a massive improvement from last year where we lacked talent AND cohesion.  Excited about OT Ty Nsekhe who has some fantastic tape, but is on the older side.  

We got two new CB's to compete with last year's surprise Levi Wallace.  Former First round pick Kevin Johnson, who's career hasn't got off the injury train.  Talented, but so far hasn't been able to stay on the field.  Also, our old friend EJ Gains is now back with us.  He did a fantastic job for us when he was on the field.  Sadly he also has had a rough time with injuries.  But I'm really happy to have him back.  It means we sit on 5 excellent CBs.  To me this is the best set of CBs we've ever had.

Oh Yeah.  We somehow managed to get OLDER in RB by replacing Chris Ivory with ageless Frank Gore, who had a surprisingly good season with Miami last year.  But he's likely a solid all-around RB and friends with McCoy.  Hopefully he'll push his ***.

We're perceived to be a little light in OT, TE, DT and any position other than QB we can draft. 

As many people have mentioned.  Stay on your meds.   Really.   No joke.   Just don't it on your own.  If you think you need to quit, do it with your doctor.  

Edited by Mark Long Beach

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I think there are equal numbers of sports gurus running podcasts out of their mother’s basements that figure:

A.) Bills kicked a**.

B.) Bills got f*****.

I'm gonna have to give it a 99% chance of B and 1% chance of A happening.

• Haha (+1) 1

Bills had a ton of Cap space and draft capital. TSW rejoiced.

Bills didnt try to make any trades.  TSW said fire McBeane.

AB was put on the trade block.  Some on TSW said getr done others said no way.

Bills supposedly traded for AB.  TSW rejoiced even the posters that said no.

AB said BS not Buf. TSW cried.  Except the posters that said no and then celebrated, they denied celebrating.

The dooms day posters began making preparations for Armaggedon.

-Fire McBeane, no one will come.

-We killed it in FA.  The posters who were still not done crying rejoiced.  

-We signed every OL in the NFL an army of WR and some posters feel we have not addressed the Offense and need an OL and WR in the first two rounds.

Another Former Bills RB killed someone and AB has been doing his best Trump impersonation.

I think thats everything.?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I haven't really been around the last 2 months and I did see I made a post last month that was a little hazy. I'm not throwing a pity party or anything like that but I wanted to share because I didn't know if I would ever be back to do doing the little things in life like this. Almost a couple of months ago now, I really started to notice I was "losing time". I won't get into a lot of specifics, but some things happened and I am pretty much diagnosed with schizophrenia. There were some symptoms before that I just thought were kind of strange things that were happening, it's hard to explain it. But even worse, I don't know what happened during those times and whatever I did, I emptied out almost all of my savings. I'm in my 30's and basically have to start out financially where I was in my early 20's. All of this happened in a really short span after I had been incredibly blessed health-wise my entire life, and yeah, I thought of doing the worst. I thought about it real hard. 

But I got some fight left in me. I feel better right now and medication seems to be working. I'm going to be OK. I may not ever have the life I had worked for and was driving towards, but I'll be OK. I'll be back at work soon and I'll start over. We can only do what we can do, right?

I guess the reason I wanted to share was I've really learned to be grateful for every moment and everything I do have. So I am grateful for this community, many of whom I've debated with. It wasn't too long ago that  I also wanted to say I hope people don't take all of this stuff too seriously. It seems absolutely crazy now that just a few months ago I was actually mad about things I saw in a game. Or the Patriots winning. 

At the end of the day, it's cool as ***** that we have a great community and I can walk into a Bills bar anywhere and instantly be family. And maybe one day we can actually win to make it a little sweeter. 

With that, does anyone feel like going over some of the offseason highlights? I did see some of the players we signed and it looks like the O-line should be better, but I don't know most of the guys outside of Morse. 

It 's been really cool and fun even.
that's my official recap.

you are welcome Home S. 

5 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Moorman -

It's good to hear you're on the mend after what had to be a real ordeal.   Best wishes, stay on your meds, be positive. 

You know, you're still really young.   You have plenty of time to build a great life.   Be grateful for every day. 

I think the Bills had a great off-season.  There is no doubt there is more talent and more quality experience on the offensive line than a year ago.  Morse, in particular, looks to be a great addition and the anchor of the line for many years.  

Beasley and Brown look like great upgrades to a woeful receiver group, so there's hope there, too.  

Still the draft, with 10 picks, so there's more help on the way. 

Oh, and Josh Allen looks like he's emerging as the leader of the offense.

I think the Bills are positioned to do great things. 

yes, to the post.

hope we are all looking forward to this season as much as I am.

for moorman

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Amen. Words of wisdom. I hope we win more than we lose, and I’d love to be in the running for SB’s every year, but the community, the family, is why I stick with this the way I do. Both my personal, immediate family, and my extended Bills family. 

Stay with the meds, care for yourself and best wishes. 

• Like (+1) 1