Anyone want to recap the offseason for me?

I haven't really been around the last 2 months and I did see I made a post last month that was a little hazy. I'm not throwing a pity party or anything like that but I wanted to share because I didn't know if I would ever be back to do doing the little things in life like this. Almost a couple of months ago now, I really started to notice I was "losing time". I won't get into a lot of specifics, but some things happened and I am pretty much diagnosed with schizophrenia. There were some symptoms before that I just thought were kind of strange things that were happening, it's hard to explain it. But even worse, I don't know what happened during those times and whatever I did, I emptied out almost all of my savings. I'm in my 30's and basically have to start out financially where I was in my early 20's. All of this happened in a really short span after I had been incredibly blessed health-wise my entire life, and yeah, I thought of doing the worst. I thought about it real hard. 

But I got some fight left in me. I feel better right now and medication seems to be working. I'm going to be OK. I may not ever have the life I had worked for and was driving towards, but I'll be OK. I'll be back at work soon and I'll start over. We can only do what we can do, right?

I guess the reason I wanted to share was I've really learned to be grateful for every moment and everything I do have. So I am grateful for this community, many of whom I've debated with. It wasn't too long ago that  I also wanted to say I hope people don't take all of this stuff too seriously. It seems absolutely crazy now that just a few months ago I was actually mad about things I saw in a game. Or the Patriots winning. 

At the end of the day, it's cool as ***** that we have a great community and I can walk into a Bills bar anywhere and instantly be family. And maybe one day we can actually win to make it a little sweeter. 

With that, does anyone feel like going over some of the offseason highlights? I did see some of the players we signed and it looks like the O-line should be better, but I don't know most of the guys outside of Morse. 

• Like (+1) 17
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We got a stud center and filled in a LOT of proven high floor veteran depth. Exactly what I wanted. Find our talent with guys we pick in the draft but plug the numerous gaps with some veterans for once to make us competitive every year going forward while we groom the home growns in a winning culture. 

But the main story for me so for is Mitch Morse. Excited to see the immediate impact he presumably brings to the table. I like fostering a relationship between a franchise QB and a high caliber C. Josh Allen stands to learn a lot from a vet like that calling protections.

Not so bad contracts either. We kept it flexible. I want to see some home grown talent kept around here for the next contract if they perform.

Best regards. I know co-workers that have had the same diagnosis and gone on to live productive happy lives with the right life style changes.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

I agree with Aussie Joe OP. Keep fighting the good fight and there is definitely a lot to be optimistic about for our beloved Bills. They have made some very wise FA picks, what most would call high value pick ups for affordable $$. The O-Line is looking to be potentially very good providing they can gel and we have picked up a couple FA WR's as well. Scroll through some of the old articles and you'll see who everyone is that we have picked up.

Enjoy the up coming season no matter how it turns out and stay strong. 

46 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

We got a stud center and filled in a LOT of proven high floor veteran depth. Exactly what I wanted. Find our talent with guys we pick in the draft but plug the numerous gaps with some veterans for once to make us competitive every year going forward while we groom the home growns in a winning culture. 

But the main story for me so for is Mitch Morse. Excited to see the immediate impact he presumably brings to the table. I like fostering a relationship between a franchise QB and a high caliber C. Josh Allen stands to learn a lot from a vet like that calling protections.

Not so bad contracts either. We kept it flexible. I want to see some home grown talent kept around here for the next contract if they perform.

Best regards. I know co-workers that have had the same diagnosis and gone on to live productive happy lives with the right life style changes.

I'll add to this that we added Cole Beasley and John Brown, which is a major upgrade to our WR room and should really help out Josh Allen, along with the OL upgrades we made.

Regarding your health. Stay on the medication, even when you start feeling like you are all better. Mental health issues are tricky in that they seem to "go away" when you get the medications right, which often causes people to get inconsistent with their meds, which causes back sliding.  Keep the positive attitude and God Bless.

• Like (+1) 6

We tried to trade for Antonio Brown. Brown wouldn't come to us. Everyone made fun of Buffalo calling us NFL Siberia and claiming we can't sign free agents while we have signed 16 free agents so far this off season. AB then made some terrible memes mocking Buffalo, while fans are taking it like he bad mouthed his mother. That's about what you missed outside of the earlier highlights stated.

AB hates us.

Our running backs are collecting social security.

Zay Jones hasn't gotten naked in public yet.

DK Metcalf is following Josh Allen on Twitter.

Rex Ryan thinks we won the off-season.

The moon landing was fake.

The Earth is flat.

?

Really though we made some good free agent signings

Hoping the draft works out in our favor

Solid off-season

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Great summary!  I think you nailed it in a very concise manner.  I also know a person that overcame this diagnosis to lead a productive and happy life over the last 15 years.

• Like (+1) 1

Filled a lot of known holes with unknown (to me) talent.  Mostly guys who couldn't start somewhere else.  I hope most of them work out as planned.  If most them turn out OK, the season should be successful, barring injuries.