If Quinnen, Oliver, Allen, Bosa, and Sweat all gone before Bills pick...who do you take?

Logic

In Joe Buscaglia's most recent mock draft, he drew up a scenario in which Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, Josh Allen, Nick Bosa, and Montez Sweat are all gone before the Bills pick at 9.

If this scenario were to play out, and the Bills were UNABLE to trade back for extra picks, who would you take?

I make that proviso because I have the feeling that just about every reply on this thread would be "trade down". Well, suppose you CAN'T trade down here. The phones aren't ringing.

Who do you take?

I think there are better players available and white would probably be the best. But I’m taking Hock. You just gotta have a vertical tight end in this league to be a top tier offense that’s just all there is to it. Linebackers and corners are much easier to coach up (especially for this staff) than a tight end. Hock is the playmaker we desperately need. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

My boy Hockenson!  

Only player in the draft that can help run and pass blocking as well as safety valve over the middle and red zone target. 

To be successful we need to help Josh Allen and see him succeed. Hockenson helps more than any other player

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Some posters are feeling like we're in "no mans land" at 9 etc etc.  I feel just the opposite.  If the above scenario happens who cares, we have a plethora of options even if it does.   We can draft Hock, a WR, trade down (I'd imagine if all that happens, it'll be a perfect spot for a team looking at a QB, etc.  

• Like (+1) 2

We take Hock regardless unless a miracle happens and Williams falls to 9.

if we take Hock, trade up to late 1st and get Wilkins or Dexter.  If we get super lucky and get Q we trade up to late first again and take M. Brown or Fant.

If we take J Taylor at 9 I’m okay with that too.  

Edited by BillsfaninSB
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Jonah

I’m trying to warm up to him, but he just looks small and dumpy and rather unathletic for a high draft pick.  He is much lighter than ideal, arms shorter than ideal, a shade shorter than ideal and did not wow anyone with his measureables at the combine.

For sure he played well in college, but will that translate to the NFL against bigger, stronger, faster opponents?

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

In Joe Buscaglia's most recent mock draft, he drew up a scenario in which Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, Josh Allen, Nick Bosa, and Montez Sweat are all gone before the Bills pick at 9.

If this scenario were to play out, and the Bills were UNABLE to trade back for extra picks, who would you take?

I make that proviso because I have the feeling that just about every reply on this thread would be "trade down". Well, suppose you CAN'T trade down here. The phones aren't ringing.

Who do you take?

It would help if we knew who the other 3 players were taken, prior to the Bills pick?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I’m trying to warm up to him, but he just looks small and dumpy and rather unathletic for a high draft pick.  He is much lighter than ideal, arms shorter than ideal, a shade shorter than ideal and did not wow anyone with his measureables at the combine.

For sure he played well in college, but will that translate to the NFL against bigger, stronger, faster opponents?

I agree.  I would be temped take Cody Ford over Williams if Taylor was gone. 

18 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think there are better players available and white would probably be the best. But I’m taking Hock. You just gotta have a vertical tight end in this league to be a top tier offense that’s just all there is to it. Linebackers and corners are much easier to coach up (especially for this staff) than a tight end. Hock is the playmaker we desperately need. 

I mean, Rams didn’t have a vertical threat TE...