Trade market for Rosen "soft"

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

1.  IMO there is almost a 0 chance that Kraft OKs bringing Rosen to NE based on his politics alone.

I also think a number of other owners would feel the same.

2.  Is anyone advocating Beane bringing Rosen to Buffalo?  If so why?

3.  Rosen no doubt will get dealt eventually and when he does we all will see if his play is better than JAs or not.

On #1. I agree. I also think it is why he was the 4th QB off the board and why a lot of fans are so quick to pile on him. 

56 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

On #1. I agree. I also think it is why he was the 4th QB off the board and why a lot of fans are so quick to pile on him. 

That's a tough call. I don't think Kraft has any strong political beliefs, but his friendship with the current resident of the oval office could definitely play a role. 

So while I'm quibbling with the word "politics," I get the gist. If they see him as Brady's successor, that would be pretty stupid. I'm not a fan of Rosen, so I would love to see it happen. Then again, if BB wants him, he'll probably be great.

Edited by LSHMEAB

9 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Those other guys played in the system well and Bill got the most out of them but Brady they are not. I also wouldn't doubt that Bill could turn Rosen into another Cassel or even Jimmy G. Not guaranteed but it could happen. If it did it would not be the end of the world. Those guys are beatable. Brady's the closets thing to not beatable. Heck, imagine Ryan Fitzpatrick playing QB for the Patriots. I would have to imagine Bill would get a whole lot more out of Fitzpatrick than he did Cassel.

Fitz wouldn't have made the playoffs.

6 hours ago, SoTier said:

Where did I say that the Bills are doomed?  I didn't.  I said it's way too soon to figure out if the Beane regime is better, the same or worse than its predecessors.  At this time into most of the previous regimes since 2000 (< 2 years) most fans thought those regimes were better than their predecessors, too.

What do you know about Josh Rosen except having watched him a few times play on the train wreck that was the 2018 Cards and read articles/tweets/posts by authors who may very well have their own agendas, including stirring controversy to boost their readership. following or clicks?   Have you met him?  Have you played with him?  Have you coached him?   My guess is your answer to all of these questions would be "no".

Furthermore, you can believe whatever you want but that doesn't make it true.  Nobody knows if any of the 2018 QBs will actually become franchise QBs.  Certainly Mayfield's rookie performance makes him the most promising of the lot but it's no guarantee that he doesn't crash and burn this season or next.

The poster to whom I responded assumes that when Brady retires, the Patriots are going to instantly and permanently become cellar dwellers and that the Bills will then take their place as the dominant team in the AFCE.  Aside from nobody knowing the future, the Bills being a good or bad team is entirely independent of whether NE is a good or bad team.  For a lot of years in the last 20 years, Pittsburgh and Baltimore have frequently been among the class of the AFC during the same seasons.

No, it's a function of the quality of the teams and coaches their organizations have put around them and any untimely injuries they've suffered.   The same with Peyton Manning and Drew Brees -- and especially Phillip Rivers, Matthew Stafford, and probably Matt Ryan too.  It has nothing to do with whether or not a QB expresses opinions or not.

Ok, but - Rosen is still a douche. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/12/2019 at 10:49 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Generally agree though I don’t think Matt Barkley should prevent you from taking a qb you like later in the draft. 

I also agree with this.  First of all, the GM looks like a moron and probably should be fired if they trade Rosen.  But if you keep Rosen and draft Murray, let them battle it out and let the best guy win.  Then you have a cheap backup and potential trade bait. 

Unfortunately, the media and fans would never let that happen.  The first sign of trouble with the starter, the media and fans would be calling for the other guy.  Hell, we had qb controversies involving JP Losman and Kelly Holcomb. 

Since Anderson will probably retire after this season, they could take a QB this year and keep him on the practice squad.  If someone is available that they like, why not?  It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't take one until the 2020 draft though.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I wouldn't even trade a 7th rd pick for Rosen, the only Jewish player in any sport that was any good was Sandy Koufax. I looked up amazing Jewish athletes and Sandy was the only one on the list that even comes close to amazing.

That's bad news for us as well. There has never been a successful professional athlete from Firebaugh, California. DOOMED!

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I wouldn't even trade a 7th rd pick for Rosen, the only Jewish player in any sport that was any good was Sandy Koufax. I looked up amazing Jewish athletes and Sandy was the only one on the list that even comes close to amazing.

Yeah, this is a terrible post.  Especially when I’m watching Tiger leafing the master’s.

man, there are ignorant Bills fans out there.  I knew they existed but it’s kinda that in 2019 these attitudes exist.  

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If only he had the morals of the president.  That’s a role model, not this Rosen punk. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, this is a terrible post.  Especially when I’m watching Tiger leafing the master’s.

man, there are ignorant Bills fans out there.  I knew they existed but it’s kinda that in 2019 these attitudes exist.  

The poster has been dealt with. May may see his return.

Note to all considering offering posts of this nature; It will be your last.

• Thank you (+1) 7

On 4/11/2019 at 7:32 PM, msw2112 said:

I think Rosen has value.  Last year, he was a rookie thrown into the fire on a terrible team with no running game, no viable WRs under the age of 34 and an offensive line that was awful (way worse that the Bills' line).  He's a talented kid whose situation didn't give him much of an opportunity to show what he can do.  He may ultimately have a better NFL career than Kyler Murray.  All this said, perhaps the NFL personnel people don't agree with me and they certainly have not called for my opinion.  If the Bills didn't have Allen, I would want them to pursue Rosen.

I know Rosen has value and wouldn't mind the Bills making a play for him right now!  

Allen is far away from being a proven commodity and you can't have too much talent in the QB development pipeline IMO, even though the geniuses who run NFL teams do it exactly the opposite way.  

The QB cupboard is usually quite bare, except for the anointed chosen one at any moment in time.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I know Rosen has value and wouldn't mind the Bills making a play for him right now!  

Allen is far away from being a proven commodity and you can't have too much talent in the QB development pipeline IMO, even though the geniuses who run NFL teams do it exactly the opposite way.  

The QB cupboard is usually quite bare, except for the anointed chosen one at any moment in time.

This is exactly why I don’t want him anywhere near WNY. A half season of Bledsoe, Fitz and Trent Checkdown are all we’ve had since Jimbo, who still took a couple NFL years to get his game together. No unnecessary QB controversies here for me, thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

NO!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 4/13/2019 at 11:09 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....didn't this clown plant the seed with his hissy fit about where he was drafted?....a real "team guy" to lay it on the line for.....sorry but in my "humble opinion", Putz Boy has that "Richie Rich Kid" entitlement stench......welcome to the REAL world.......respect is EARNED and NOT a right.. sure as hell glad we got "one of the mistakes".....

A "pissed" Josh Rosen delivered the best quote of the 2018 NFL Draft

By Alex Myers   April 27, 2018

One of the most polarizing figures entering the 2018 NFL Draft, the UCLA product probably won as many fans as he lost when he was asked about slipping to the 10th pick and he gave some brutally honest answers. Rosen told reporters he was "pissed" and "really angry" he wasn't chosen in the top 3, and then delivered this gem that we'll have to hear about for the next 15 years if he actually turns into a great player.

"There were nine mistakes ahead of me."

Meh.  They may not have said it but a number of today's best QB have carried around a big sack of "pissed" at being passed up in the draft.  Tom Brady for a long time was famously PO'd at dropping to the 6th round with 6 QB drafted before him.  I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers went around with the viewpoint there were 23 mistakes drafted before him.  Drew Brees, 31 mistakes.  And so forth....

The media and social media now just whip everything to such a frenzy.

You might be right about Rosen, you might not be right about Rosen, but what I saw last season was a kid with a lot of growing to do, a horrible team around him, and a gamer attitude...he took a lickin' and kept on tickin'.

I'd like to see him get a decent shot, just not in Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Meh.  They may not have said it but a number of today's best QB have carried around a big sack of "pissed" at being passed up in the draft.  Tom Brady for a long time was famously PO'd at dropping to the 6th round with 6 QB drafted before him.  I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers went around with the viewpoint there were 23 mistakes drafted before him.  Drew Brees, 31 mistakes.  And so forth....

You might be right about Rosen, you might not be right about Rosen, but what I saw last season was a kid with a lot of growing to do, a horrible team around him, and a gamer attitude...he took a lickin' and kept on tickin'.

...perhaps bourbon.......

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't care for Rosen as a QB, but that 9 mistake line is soooooo played. 

Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers certainly had the exact same reaction when they were drafted. Does it really matter that he vocalized the thought? 

He may fail as a QB, but I'm pretty sure it won't be the result of that chip on his shoulder. A chip that is certain to grow under the current circumstances. If he busts, it'll be the result of inadequacy. 

24 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Pete Prisco saying Cards not taking Murray #1. Not sure what can believed at this time of year and if Cardinals are trying to generate interest for someone to trade up.

https://www.cbssports.com/video/player/nfl/1499572803668/0/will-brinson-breaks-down-the-chances-kyler-murray-lands-in-arizona

The Cardinals not drafting Murray is fascinating because that blows the entire draft wide open and really changes everything. Do the Raiders take him? Do the Giants? How many teams have other QBs ahead of him which means he could tumble down the board if teams like Lock or Haskins more.