Trade market for Rosen "soft"

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Generally agree though I don’t think Matt Barkley should prevent you from taking a qb you like later in the draft. 

I also agree with this.  First of all, the GM looks like a moron and probably should be fired if they trade Rosen.  But if you keep Rosen and draft Murray, let them battle it out and let the best guy win.  Then you have a cheap backup and potential trade bait. 

Unfortunately, the media and fans would never let that happen.  The first sign of trouble with the starter, the media and fans would be calling for the other guy.  Hell, we had qb controversies involving JP Losman and Kelly Holcomb. 

Trading Rosen is not the GMs call. I am pretty sure Murray is not his call either. 

This sounds like a leak from a team that offered a late 2nd for him.  Come draft night a team that misses out on Haskins or Lock will pony up for Rosen.  He is significantly better than anything beyond Murray, Haskin, Lock.

22 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I don’t think teams believe he has the right “it” factor. His disposition doesn’t seem to be what teams want in their quarterback. 

Its not always about being able to simply throw the ball deeply, accurately, or the mental capacity to read defenses, or the ability to escape the pocket and run.

Something else is necessary in the constitution of a person to be the leader of men (or women or anyone) in any type of endeavor. Something about being unselfish, confident but not cocky, a good dose of humility, and instilling confidence in those around you by your words and your performance. 

I think Rosen is lacking somewhere in these departments and that it is noticed by many in the league. 

I think Rosen and Kingsbury is a terrible relationship.  Rosen is too analytical imo to put up with Kingsbury.  Kingsbury only shot is Murray is a transcendent talent.  Basically, plays like the a mosh of Vick and Mayfield.  

On 4/11/2019 at 9:18 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

The demand on him should be soft because unfortunately JR is somewhat soft. He's obviously better than that train wreck he was thrown into last year, but now there's a little tape on him that might make teams Leary.  Just pray Bill doesn't get him....

Would love JR in NE. Love it.

20 hours ago, mannc said:

Thank you.  Rosen’s passing numbers were barely distinguishable from Allen’s, and yet people here are assuming Rosen is a bust and Allen is the Second Coming.  As you point out, Allen is a much better runner, but still...

I think JR could be good. He's just such a douchebag.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

You gotta wonder if this turns into Brett favre type situation? What other great ones have gotten traded?

Elway, Rivers and Manning.  That's a little different but all were traded.  If the cardinals are crazy enough to hire Kingsbury because of his offense you double down and draft a guy who can turn it to 10.  Idk if it will work but they already invested alot by hiring a guy fired from a middling program in the big 12.  The conference with the lowest coached and defensive talent. 

6 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I think JR could be good. He's just such a douchebag.

Rosen is given all the passes for his cast around him and Allen is called inaccurate.  Yet Allen didn't have Fitzgerald, Johnson, and Kirk.  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I don’t think teams believe he has the right “it” factor. His disposition doesn’t seem to be what teams want in their quarterback. 

Its not always about being able to simply throw the ball deeply, accurately, or the mental capacity to read defenses, or the ability to escape the pocket and run.

Something else is necessary in the constitution of a person to be the leader of men (or women or anyone) in any type of endeavor. Something about being unselfish, confident but not cocky, a good dose of humility, and instilling confidence in those around you by your words and your performance. 

I think Rosen is lacking somewhere in these departments and that it is noticed by many in the league. 

Is Rosen a better version of Trent Edwards ?

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I have no clue what they are doing with Anderson.

I get the whole vet prep concept, but I’d be shocked to see him take a snap in a preseason game. He seems so washed up

They canned to guys who took him though. 

Im not so sure what these new guys might know better. 

All they need to know is that they have a guy they did not pick, better to live or die with your guy. It is like Fox when they killed off Firefly because it was the previous dudes project.

On 4/12/2019 at 8:09 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

"Not actively chasing" him? Not that they wouldn't do so sometime in the future? That's not a big story for them.

The timing will be crucial. Before or after the draft is a tactical question that the Cards and suitors might want different answers to, and it might affect value too.

If he goes anywhere. I'm certainly not convinced, though it's absolutely a strong possibility.

2 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Would love JR in NE. Love it.

That opinion might change over time.

Edited by Thurman#1

11 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

The timing will be crucial. Before or after the draft is a tactical question that the Cards and suitors might want different answers to, and it might affect value too.

For sure. I expect a deal to be done before the draft and the compensation to be a second. When you start talking about a pick next year, the Cardinals would want a first.

Not sure that it's entirely out of the question that the Cardinals just keep both for now. Not likely, but not implausible.

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Rosen is given all the passes for his cast around him and Allen is called inaccurate.  Yet Allen didn't have Fitzgerald, Johnson, and Kirk.  

Rosen's OL was even worse, and Fitzgerald is very very old. Kirk is decent, especially for a rookie, but you have to resort to Johnson? He's no LeSean McCoy, though maybe he was last year. Rosen's situation was worse than Allen's. Right now, he's more accurate than Allen. That could change if Allen changes his mechanics successfully.

Both guys could yet succeed or fail.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

For sure. I expect a deal to be done before the draft and the compensation to be a second. When you start talking about a pick next year, the Cardinals would want a first.

Not sure that it's entirely out of the question that the Cardinals just keep both for now. Not likely, but not implausible.

Yeah, agreed.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

"Not actively chasing" him? Not that they wouldn't do so sometime in the future? That's not a big story for them.

If he goes anywhere. I'm certainly not convinced, though it's absolutely a strong possibility.

That opinion might change over time.

Not likely.

The opportunity to kick Rosen's punk ass twice a year for 10 years is music to this Bill's fans ears. I say bring it.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

@26CornerBlitz would trade for him

Now I know I'm right.

4 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Not likely.

The opportunity to kick Rosen's punk ass twice a year for 10 years is music to this Bill's fans ears. I say bring it.

Now I know I'm right.

Fine, that's what you say. There's a good chance you're very wrong.

And the reason Bills fans think Rosen's a punk is very simple. He didn't get drafted by Buffalo. Most Bills fans didn't want anything to do with Josh Allen. Mysteriously, that has turned around now that he's wearing our jersey, as it would have for Rosen if it had been him taking snaps from Morse next year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I do not think many people on here like Allen simply because he is a Bill and dislike Rosen simply because he is not a Bill. Rosen is very holier than thou and does not feel as a win at all cost guy. Allen is crazy enough and desperate enough to win that he hurdled a defender to get a first down. Allen might still not make as a real NFL qb but he reminds me of Favre and Rosen seems to be the opposite. 

• Like (+1) 2

Was Rosen's line worse?  Or was Allen more mobile and able to escape pressure better?  What measure are we determining line play?  I think Rosen can succeed in the right situation.  NYG or any playoff team with an aging QB.  I think he ends up in NE when it's all said and done.