Trade market for Rosen "soft"

8 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I don’t know if running the ball - and extending plays behind the LOS - like he does is sustainable or not, but I think you have to let him do it.  The ball does not come out of his hand when his foot hits on his drops.  Maybe that improves, but you can’t count on it. He holds the ball like Roethlisberger does and he’s going to take hits like he does.  The good news his that Allen is much more mobile.  The bad news is that he’s not as accurate.  The rushing yards will have to make up for the lost passing yards. It is a risk, but it’s his only path to success.  

I agree.  Gotta let him do it.  It makes him much harder to defend.  But let’s not forget the O-line he was playing behind last year...

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Tampa gave up on Young and the 49ers gave up a 2nd and 4th for him to learn behind Joe Montana.  Maybe the Pats will do the same with Rosen behind Brady for similar compensation.

That and give Rosen his own helmet radio that lets his OC tell him who's open.

7 hours ago, mannc said:

Thank you.  Rosen’s passing numbers were barely distinguishable from Allen’s, and yet people here are assuming Rosen is a bust and Allen is the Second Coming.  As you point out, Allen is a much better runner, but still...

But still Allen leads his team.

3 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

You're going to lose.

At least around here.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

That little running part is pretty huge though. When it accounts for 8 TD’s, numerous drives extended and a whole host of plays extended. Rosen had 11 passing TDS the entire year, Allen almost had that rushing. If Allen were a pure pocket statue then they would both be labeled accordingly. 

And that was out of necessity last season. Better blocking and weapons will, hopefully, lessen the need to run. But the threat is already there. 

10 hours ago, Buffaloflash said:

Who was that guy that quit his job at wgr because we took Allen over Rosen?

He's got to be feeling stupid right about now.

He was leaving for a new gig anyway. So he decided to make listeners think it was over Allen getting drafted for laughs. The magic of radio. Just like "all request" shows.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, skibum said:

Am I the only one who thinks Kyler Murray is the next TIm Tebow? I'd rather keep Rosen, and I don't even like Rosen. 

I am with you 100%. Hated Rosen at the draft, didn’t want him, still think he’s a sh*t leader. Even with that, I absolutely would rather have Rosen+Nick Bosa than Kyler Murray. Murray has a lot to overcome to not bust IMO. The examples of mobile QB’s who have overcame that height is an extremely short list. I know Baker is weighing on the decision, but he wasn’t even close to that short. Russel Wilson is a good comparison. However, Russel went in the 3rd round as a very similar prospect to Murray. I might take a flier on him as an athlete, but never at first overall. 

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

IMo, you should have your starter, vet backup, and developmental guy.  I pray the Bills aren’t just content with Barkley and Anderson. 

Rivers is old and in the final stages of his career, T-rod is a good backup and yes they need a developmental guy.

Our situation is a bit different because Josh is so young (developmental guy starting).  I don't see us getting another QB this year unless Anderson suddenly retires, or someone is injured.

Edited by Azucho98

13 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Josh Allen was thrown to the wolves as well. He survived.  Different circumstances, of course, but thrown nonetheless. 

Rosen has never appeared to me to be a great QB. He’s simply too fragile. 

Allen missed multiple games due to injury in the middle of the season. We are going to need him to survive better than that this year.

To Rosen's credit he took a beating all year long and never came off the field. That is probably actually the single best takeaway from his rookie year. Neither Darnold or Allen were able to do that.

11 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I don’t think the Patriots would be interested in him. 

Didn't they bring in Bennet this off-season? And before him they had Chris Long. Patriots are a lot of things, but they aren't dumb. If you can help the team they will bring you in regardless of your political beliefs. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They Should HOLD Him.

I don't see the issue with two top end QB prospects on the roster this year.  Specially when the Bust Rate at the position is so high, and Murray can Bust just as fast as any other QB.  There is talent in Rosen.  A SMART team would hold onto him.

Wait until some teams starter drops at Camp and fleece them

Edited by MAJBobby

I still have not read ONE rational thought on WHY Having two young Cost Controlled QBs on your Roster is such a bad thing.

Also have not seen one real legit argument on too why AZ HAS to move Rosen for less value than they want.

Also Maybe Just Maybe all this Kyler Murray talk is about drumming up interest in the first overall.

Remember also THIS TIME OF YEAR...

EVERYTHING Fed to the media comes with an AGENDA

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

Rivers is old and in the final stages of his career, T-rod is a good backup and yes they need a developmental guy.

Our situation is a bit different because Josh is so young (developmental guy starting).  I don't see us getting another QB this year unless Anderson suddenly retires, or someone is injured.

Generally agree though I don’t think Matt Barkley should prevent you from taking a qb you like later in the draft. 

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I still have not read ONE rational thought on WHY Having two young Cost Controlled QBs on your Roster is such a bad thing.

Also have not seen one real legit argument on too why AZ HAS to move Rosen for less value than they want.

Also Maybe Just Maybe all this Kyler Murray talk is about drumming up interest in the first overall.

Remember also THIS TIME OF YEAR...

EVERYTHING Fed to the media comes with an AGENDA

I also agree with this.  First of all, the GM looks like a moron and probably should be fired if they trade Rosen.  But if you keep Rosen and draft Murray, let them battle it out and let the best guy win.  Then you have a cheap backup and potential trade bait. 

Unfortunately, the media and fans would never let that happen.  The first sign of trouble with the starter, the media and fans would be calling for the other guy.  Hell, we had qb controversies involving JP Losman and Kelly Holcomb. 

I did not like Rosen for the bills last year, but i Think he has good value and had a raw deal.

His 1st year HC got fired and the new guy is in love with the #1 draft prospect, the fact that the Cards hvae the #1 pick is just the perfect store for Josh.

IMO any of the QB hungry teams not picking in the top 10 should drop a 2nd and 5th for him.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think it just means that other teams know that Arizona has zero leverage.  Teams know Arizona has to trade him and Rosen didn’t exactly light it up in his first year despite the circumstances.  And the draft is 2 weeks away with potentially 4 first round QB’s.  Might as well wait to see if your guy falls to you in the draft, and once Arizona takes Murray, Rosen’s trade value drops further.  Could prevent teams from trading up for a QB as Rosen is the consolation prize if your guy doesn’t fall to you.  

Arizona is in the same boat as Pittsburgh was in the whole Antonio Brown debacle.  With AB forcing a trade and being a 5-alarm butthead, Pittsburgh could not get any of the true value of AB.   Arizona has basically said they are taking Murray AND Rosen played like crap last year, currently there is not a lot of value they could get from Rosen because of this.

IMO, this is why the Giants traded Beckham (because of AB).  The Giants saw all the problems Pittsburgh had moving AB, plus their compensation was nowhere close to what they should have gotten for him.  So I think the Giants made a preemptive strike on Beckham and traded him before he became a headcase again and brought down his value.  

• Like (+1) 1

If I was in need of a QB I would definitely trade a third for him without blinking. Probably a second. I'm glad we got Allen but I think Rosen showed real potential on a really bad team. Plus he's got the cockiness to not let a trade effect him too much 

Edited by RobbRiddick
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

They Should HOLD Him.

I don't see the issue with two top end QB prospects on the roster this year.  Specially when the Bust Rate at the position is so high, and Murray can Bust just as fast as any other QB.  There is talent in Rosen.  A SMART team would hold onto him.

Wait until some teams starter drops at Camp and fleece them

Good that someone came around go my line of thinking