Trade market for Rosen "soft"

5 minutes ago, ganesh said:

It is also possible for Arizona to keep Rosen and still draft Murray.  They would have two young QBs that can fight it out and then there may be a better trade value for Rosen. Rosen's contract is cheap to carry to next year.  I hope they don't trade him to Miami and New England.  Rosen is very good and don't need the Bills to deal with him twice a year.

But then who's the grownup in the QB room? Allen has two veterans to tutor him. Who do the Cards have?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

There is never going to be much of a trade market for a guy whose team is giving up on him in his second season. I know that’s not an original thought, but it does explain the entire Rosen situation. 

I agree- the cards know him better than any other team and are already done apparently. Who wants a guy that was top 10 last year and already done? The optics alone make his demand low.

3 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer kid ??

Screen_Shot_2016-04-11_at_10.07.26_AM.0.0 (1).png

Is that real? If so what a moron- remember Jordan " Republicans buy shoes also"

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

IMo, you should have your starter, vet backup, and developmental guy.  I pray the Bills aren’t just content with Barkley and Anderson. 

I have no clue what they are doing with Anderson.

I get the whole vet prep concept, but I’d be shocked to see him take a snap in a preseason game. He seems so washed up

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I agree- the cards know him better than any other team and are already done apparently. Who wants a guy that was top 10 last year and already done? The optics alone make his demand low.

They canned to guys who took him though. 

Im not so sure what these new guys might know better. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

I'm not a Rosen fan,  I certainly did not want to draft him and he's not an easy guy to feel bad for.  However he's really getting hosed here by Arizona.  I think they've been totally ridiculous during this process.

I'm sure karma had nothing to do with his situation. surely 31 other teams should be jumping on the trade.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I have no clue what they are doing with Anderson.

I get the whole vet prep concept, but I’d be shocked to see him take a snap in a preseason game. He seems so washed up

Well he's the #3 right now. They will bring a 4th to camp. Hopefully someone who can do more than be just a body. #GusRagland

If AZ does not get a first for him, they are better keeping him, IMO.  And they better get some help on the OL and at WR.  Even RB Johnson sucked last year behind that OL.  

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Is that real? If so what a moron- remember Jordan " Republicans buy shoes also"

Yep, that appears to be real. https://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_bruin_football/2016/4/11/11407248/josh-rosen-goes-golfing-at-trump-national-gc-wearing-a-f-ck-trump-hat

Rosen is a total "look at me" d-bag.  "I'm going to make those 9 other team pay."  

That said, lots of d-bags in the NFL who can play.  I'm not sure if Rosen can or not given that AZ had zero on OL last year.  I will say that Rosen is CLEARLY not the playmaker that Allen or Baker are.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t think teams believe he has the right “it” factor. His disposition doesn’t seem to be what teams want in their quarterback. 

Its not always about being able to simply throw the ball deeply, accurately, or the mental capacity to read defenses, or the ability to escape the pocket and run.

Something else is necessary in the constitution of a person to be the leader of men (or women or anyone) in any type of endeavor. Something about being unselfish, confident but not cocky, a good dose of humility, and instilling confidence in those around you by your words and your performance. 

I think Rosen is lacking somewhere in these departments and that it is noticed by many in the league. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I don’t think teams believe he has the right “it” factor. His disposition doesn’t seem to be what teams want in their quarterback. 

Its not always about being able to simply throw the ball deeply, accurately, or the mental capacity to read defenses, or the ability to escape the pocket and run.

Something else is necessary in the constitution of a person to be the leader of men (or women or anyone) in any type of endeavor. Something about being unselfish, confident but not cocky, a good dose of humility, and instilling confidence in those around you by your words and your performance. 

I think Rosen is lacking somewhere in these departments and that it is noticed by many in the league. 

a lot of people said this before the draft last year....

not that I was one of them.....

15 minutes ago, Paulus said:

tenor.gif

Rosen in NE really does concern me. 

just yell at the sky, it will fix everything

37 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

a lot of people said this before the draft last year....

not that I was one of them.....

just yell at the sky, it will fix everything

After 4 SB losses in the 90s and then the advent of the steroid patriot dynasty, I realized that doesn't work a long time ago.

It is kind of like dying and voiding. Just happens.

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

If AZ does not get a first for him, they are better keeping him, IMO.  And they better get some help on the OL and at WR.  Even RB Johnson sucked last year behind that OL.  

Yep, that appears to be real. https://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_bruin_football/2016/4/11/11407248/josh-rosen-goes-golfing-at-trump-national-gc-wearing-a-f-ck-trump-hat

Rosen is a total "look at me" d-bag.  "I'm going to make those 9 other team pay."  

That said, lots of d-bags in the NFL who can play.  I'm not sure if Rosen can or not given that AZ had zero on OL last year.  I will say that Rosen is CLEARLY not the playmaker that Allen or Baker are.  

I like Rosen already based on the hat he's wearing 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Josh Allen was thrown to the wolves as well. He survived.  Different circumstances, of course, but thrown nonetheless. 

Rosen has never appeared to me to be a great QB. He’s simply too fragile. 

Josh Allen can play Hero Ball and plays it really well.  Josh Rosen plays it not. 

Edited by JESSEFEFFER