Trade market for Rosen "soft"

49 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I think Rosen has value.  Last year, he was a rookie thrown into the fire on a terrible team with no running game, no viable WRs under the age of 34 and an offensive line that was awful (way worse that the Bills' line).  He's a talented kid whose situation didn't give him much of an opportunity to show what he can do.  He may ultimately have a better NFL career than Kyler Murray.  All this said, perhaps the NFL personnel people don't agree with me and they certainly have not called for my opinion.  If the Bills didn't have Allen, I would want them to pursue Rosen.

Value is what a team is willing to pay.  Unless there is a bidding war, Arizona has put themselves in a tough negotiating position because of Kliff's big mouth.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TroutDog said:

Josh Allen was thrown to the wolves as well. He survived.  Different circumstances, of course, but thrown nonetheless. 

Rosen has never appeared to me to be a great QB. He’s simply too fragile. 

Hopefully, you are right.  But 

1). Rosen missed less games than Allen

2)  their passing numbers were almost identical (Allen is a far superior runner).

i think the Cards are stupid for banking on a little person with one year of college experience.  But I also would not like Rosen getting traded to the Pats for one of their 12 2nd rounders either. 

• Like (+1) 1

The market for Rosen will be there.  I think the Chargers will offer a 2.  They have a solid roster, in win now mode and need a QB to be ready to replace Rivers.  The Chargers, being a good football team, would have a hard time getting into the top 10 of a draft anytime soon to take a good one.  Any guy they would take in round 2 this year, probably wouldn't start for them anyhow....why not burn a 2 on an LA kid, and be ready to go for the looming decline of Rivers?  

In the case of the Redskins waning interest..you have a different dynamic to consider...that coaching staff and front office KNOW they are in a win now kind of mode...They need impact players NOW to win now.  The coach and GM do not have time to put the team in Rosens hands and develope him...either they win now with Keenum, or a new regime comes in and they get to find and develop a new QB.

I think the Patriots would be a good spot to consider as well.  I would think they'd be all about it, but I really believe that in defference to Brady, they will just roll with Hoyer as the backup until Brady goes.  Brady seems to want no one waiting in line behind him so he can literally go out when he's good and ready and not being pushed out.

Miami should be interested, but not sure they will be.  Wouldn't hurt to get him and see what they have..and if he busts..they follow through with their plans anyhow.

The Giants should be the most obvious team out there to want Rosen...but gettleman WILL NOT suddenly eat his words and admit errors....everything he has done is in the interest of continuing with Eli....he wasn't interested in Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson etc when he just could have flat out had any of them...that isn't changing.....He's committed to Eli.  

A couple of very wild cards would be Seattle and Detroit.  If you are either of those 2, and you aquire Rosen, you then could trade your starter and build.  This would seem to make more sense in Detroit....I can't see Seattle fans ever liking Rosen if it meant trading away Wilson....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

Value is what a team is willing to pay.  Unless there is a bidding war, Arizona has put themselves in a tough negotiating position because of Kliff's big mouth.

Or they are bluffing and seeing the market for Rosen and Murray. 

1 minute ago, Zerovotlz said:

The market for Rosen will be there.  I think the Chargers will offer a 2.  They have a solid roster, in win now mode and need a QB to be ready to replace Rivers.  The Chargers, being a good football team, would have a hard time getting into the top 10 of a draft anytime soon to take a good one.  Any guy they would take in round 2 this year, probably wouldn't start for them anyhow....why not burn a 2 on an LA kid, and be ready to go for the looming decline of Rivers?  

In the case of the Redskins waning interest..you have a different dynamic to consider...that coaching staff and front office KNOW they are in a win now kind of mode...They need impact players NOW to win now.  The coach and GM do not have time to put the team in Rosens hands and develope him...either they win now with Keenum, or a new regime comes in and they get to find and develop a new QB.

I think the Patriots would be a good spot to consider as well.  I would think they'd be all about it, but I really believe that in defference to Brady, they will just roll with Hoyer as the backup until Brady goes.  Brady seems to want no one waiting in line behind him so he can literally go out when he's good and ready and not being pushed out.

Miami should be interested, but not sure they will be.  Wouldn't hurt to get him and see what they have..and if he busts..they follow through with their plans anyhow.

The Giants should be the most obvious team out there to want Rosen...but gettleman WILL NOT suddenly eat his words and admit errors....everything he has done is in the interest of continuing with Eli....he wasn't interested in Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson etc when he just could have flat out had any of them...that isn't changing.....He's committed to Eli.  

A couple of very wild cards would be Seattle and Detroit.  If you are either of those 2, and you aquire Rosen, you then could trade your starter and build.  This would seem to make more sense in Detroit....I can't see Seattle fans ever liking Rosen if it meant trading away Wilson....

But the Chargers have T-rod....

Edited by Azucho98

33 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Josh Allen was thrown to the wolves as well. He survived.  Different circumstances, of course, but thrown nonetheless. 

Rosen has never appeared to me to be a great QB. He’s simply too fragile. 

Apples and oranges.

Imagine Josh Allen had the exact rookie season that he did....but THIS season, a brand new coaching staff with a new offense came in, everyone nationally knew that the team planned to draft a different QB, and the future outlook for Allen involved either having to battle a #1 overall pick for the job or get traded to a place he had no control over. Would Josh Allen survive THAT reality? I like to think he would, but there's no way to know. 

This is a pretty amazing situation. 

Fair disclosure: I don’t hold myself out to be an expert on Rosen or Murray. 

What I do believe is that it seems Rosen didn’t have a real good situation last year and was a pretty highly rated QB prior to last year. Why not trade down and pick up a ton of picks and build around the guy you got, rather than use the pick on another QB and get only another 3rd for Rosen. ? 

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I think Rosen has value.  Last year, he was a rookie thrown into the fire on a terrible team with no running game, no viable WRs under the age of 34 and an offensive line that was awful (way worse that the Bills' line).  He's a talented kid whose situation didn't give him much of an opportunity to show what he can do.  He may ultimately have a better NFL career than Kyler Murray.  All this said, perhaps the NFL personnel people don't agree with me and they certainly have not called for my opinion.  If the Bills didn't have Allen, I would want them to pursue Rosen.

You left out that he is an A-hole

1 hour ago, dayman said:

Incoming Pats trade for a 3rd and contingent 4th they won't ever get. 

Well, I certainly hope so. If the Pats can get him relatively cheaply... Let him sit behind Brady for 2 or 3 years to learn...Lose the attitude and trash talk...

It depends what the Pats thought of him in the draft. BB might not be the best at drafting, but he has no equal when it comes to taking other teams' trash and turning them into treasure. BB takes the mistakes of other teams and puts them in position to succeed.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hopefully, you are right.  But 

1). Rosen missed less games than Allen

2)  their passing numbers were almost identical (Allen is a far superior runner).

i think the Cards are stupid for banking on a little person with one year of college experience.  But I also would not like Rosen getting traded to the Pats for one of their 12 2nd rounders either. 

You know it's going to happen.  If I'm the Pats** I would make this trade.  Makes perfect sense for them.

I almost feel for Rosen.  I think he probably has the talent to succeed in the NFL, but it's not going to happen in Arizona.  He may be only a West Coast QB, and there is no way Arizona is going to run a West Coast offense with Kliff Kingsbury as its head coach.  If the market is soft and Arizona doesn't get a trade offer that includes at least a second round pick and maybe a bit more, I could see them opting to keep Rosen as a backup when they draft Murray to start.  The first four years of his NFL career could end up being pretty much a total waste.  He may find himself in free agency after four years and the market is still soft because he will have been in the league four years and done nothing.  

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think it just means that other teams know that Arizona has zero leverage.  Teams know Arizona has to trade him and Rosen didn’t exactly light it up in his first year despite the circumstances.  And the draft is 2 weeks away with potentially 4 first round QB’s.  Might as well wait to see if your guy falls to you in the draft, and once Arizona takes Murray, Rosen’s trade value drops further.  Could prevent teams from trading up for a QB as Rosen is the consolation prize if your guy doesn’t fall to you.  

It is also possible for Arizona to keep Rosen and still draft Murray.  They would have two young QBs that can fight it out and then there may be a better trade value for Rosen. Rosen's contract is cheap to carry to next year.  I hope they don't trade him to Miami and New England.  Rosen is very good and don't need the Bills to deal with him twice a year.