Trade market for Rosen "soft"

A team like the Redskins should really just wait until next year. Same with the Giants and a lot of other teams. If you are going to trade something of value for the guy, you have to weigh his value against the guys in this draft, and those who will be available next year. I think that is why it's such a hard sell and why the market is flaccid. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Rosen has value.  Last year, he was a rookie thrown into the fire on a terrible team with no running game, no viable WRs under the age of 34 and an offensive line that was awful (way worse that the Bills' line).  He's a talented kid whose situation didn't give him much of an opportunity to show what he can do.  He may ultimately have a better NFL career than Kyler Murray.  All this said, perhaps the NFL personnel people don't agree with me and they certainly have not called for my opinion.  If the Bills didn't have Allen, I would want them to pursue Rosen.

• Like (+1) 6

22 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

They got a pill for that.

I don’t think it cures Rosen’s softness. 

But yes, given time and talent around him, it’s impossible to say definitively that he will not be the best of the bunch. No matter how much I doubt that. 

• Haha (+1) 2

There is never going to be much of a trade market for a guy whose team is giving up on him in his second season. I know that’s not an original thought, but it does explain the entire Rosen situation. 

1 minute ago, Troll Toll said:

Well duh, it goes soft when you already bust.

I wouldn’t say he’s already a bust. We’ve seen greater turnarounds, but it’s quite concerning that his team is willing to give up so quickly. I realize they have a new coaching staff, but it doesn’t say much about him as a first round pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think it just means that other teams know that Arizona has zero leverage.  Teams know Arizona has to trade him and Rosen didn’t exactly light it up in his first year despite the circumstances.  And the draft is 2 weeks away with potentially 4 first round QB’s.  Might as well wait to see if your guy falls to you in the draft, and once Arizona takes Murray, Rosen’s trade value drops further.  Could prevent teams from trading up for a QB as Rosen is the consolation prize if your guy doesn’t fall to you.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

There is never going to be much of a trade market for a guy whose team is giving up on him in his second season. I know that’s not an original thought, but it does explain the entire Rosen situation. 

I wouldn’t say he’s already a bust. We’ve seen greater turnarounds, but it’s quite concerning that his team is willing to give up so quickly. I realize they have a new coaching staff, but it doesn’t say much about him as a first round pick. 

My post was more in the vein of Boca’s post...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think it just means that other teams know that Arizona has zero leverage.  Teams know Arizona has to trade him and Rosen didn’t exactly light it up in his first year despite the circumstances.  And the draft is 2 weeks away with potentially 4 first round QB’s.  Might as well wait to see if your guy falls to you in the draft, and once Arizona takes Murray, Rosen’s trade value drops further.  Could prevent teams from trading up for a QB as Rosen is the consolation prize if your guy doesn’t fall to you.  

But if those teams thought Rosen was capable they would be making offers. Who knows? Maybe the Cards are asking for too much?

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure what the Cardinals are waiting for.

If, as expected, they plan to take Kyler Murray, then why wait on trading Rosen? I suppose they figure the trade market will only improve as the draft nears. Instead, the opposite seems to be happening. It makes sense. Teams can't wait around forever. 

I have to be honest: I feel bad for Rosen here. He was drafted by a bad team, put in a position in which very few quarterbacks could have succeeded, and then his team got new leadership and gave up on him after one season. His potential future outcomes now include either sticking around in Arizona and having to battle a #1 overall pick that the new staff hand picked to be "their guy", or going to his second team in as many years, having to learn a completely new offense, new teammates, new city....No matter how it shakes out, the early circumstances in his career are making it unlikely that he's going to reach the heights that he may have had he been drafted into a more sound structure. 

A shame.

• Like (+1) 1

I fully expect Miami or New England to move a late rounder for him. I still like him as a prospect QB. Maybe there is something behind the scenes that teams aren't liking. I recall there was questions about his leadership abilities heading into the draft. How he wasn't a "leader of men". 

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm not sure what the Cardinals are waiting for.

If, as expected, they plan to take Kyler Murray, then why wait on trading Rosen? I suppose they figure the trade market will only improve as the draft nears. Instead, the opposite seems to be happening. It makes sense. Teams can't wait around forever. 

I have to be honest: I feel bad for Rosen here. He was drafted by a bad team, put in a position in which very few quarterbacks could have succeeded, and then his team got new leadership and gave up on him after one season. His potential future outcomes now include either sticking around in Arizona and having to battle a #1 overall pick that the new staff hand picked to be "their guy", or going to his second team in as many years, having to learn a completely new offense, new teammates, new city....No matter how it shakes out, the early circumstances in his career are making it unlikely that he's going to reach the heights that he may have had he been drafted into a more sound structure. 

A shame.

Josh Allen was thrown to the wolves as well. He survived.  Different circumstances, of course, but thrown nonetheless. 

Rosen has never appeared to me to be a great QB. He’s simply too fragile. 

• Like (+1) 2