Bills Pre-draft Press Conference

wppete

14 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Its no coincidence that ‘the Godfather’ Gil Brandt puts out his top 150 prospects every year around this time. He’ll release it in the next couple days. It’s how it’s been done for many years, basically the first 4 Rounds.

Yes, Beane is fascinating. Unlike McClappy, Brandon takes each question and gives exacting information to the question, without showing his current hand. Coach routinely resorts to canned comments. I continue to be impressed with Beane. He’s focused & committed to making the team great in his approach, while giving subtle insights. He’s open to anything that may come our way with the Draft, but I suspect if we stay at #9, it’ll be DT.

I’m convinced we have the right GM for this time and place.

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here is another GM on this same subject

Seems to be a fairly strong consensus that a lot of teams do it this way.

Makes so much more sense than trying to rate every player coming out in one long list.

The only question I would have,  is this 120-150 number throughout all (most) rounds OR less.

I would image some GMs have guys on the list that they think are rated in the 5th or 6th rounds.

GMs must have a 7th thru UDFA list also.  Of course I could be off a round in my "theory".

It would be fascinating to see how the "sausage" is made.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Seems to be a fairly strong consensus that a lot of teams do it this way.

Makes so much more sense than trying to rate every player coming out in one long list.

The only question I would have,  is this 120-150 number throughout all (most) rounds OR less.

I would image some GMs have guys on the list that they think are rated in the 5th or 6th rounds.

GMs must have a 7th thru UDFA list also.  Of course I could be off a round in my "theory".

It would be fascinating to see how the "sausage" is made.

The Patriots typically have no more than 80/85 guys on their board. They target specific guys and move relentlessly up and down the board to get them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Patriots typically have no more than 80/85 guys on their board. They target specific guys and move relentlessly up and down the board to get them.

...makes sense.....usually have 27 compensatory picks............

• Haha (+1) 1