Bills Pre-draft Press Conference

wppete

Beane is talking a LONG time ... very interesting 

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Did anyone listen to it?  Twitter guys are saying Beane gave a lot of info about how the Bills draft.

I’m watching it right now. Bills.com will have it to watch on demand probably 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It was general stuff for the most part. Beane explaining need vs. BPA. Says he knows people don't believe him when he says draft BPA, but he really does. Said he doesn't feel like there are any glaring holes on the team that would force him to take a position earlier than others because of a big need, but he acknowledges that obviously some positions are stronger than others. Will be open to moving up or down int he draft and gave his criteria for doing either.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beane is talking a LONG time ... very interesting 

I’m watching it right now. Bills.com will have it to watch on demand probably 

Very interesting.  If anyone wants to know how Beane puts a board together and what his vision about drafting is they should watch this.

Yolo, one thing I found fascinating was the number of players left on his board.

He says it averages about 130.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Very interesting.  If anyone wants to know how Beane puts a board together and what his vision about drafting is they should watch this.

Yolo, one thing I found fascinating was the number of players left on his board.

He says it averages about 130.

Yes and he said it depends on how good the doctors are to them meaning i guess they can’t include some on their board based on their medicals

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes and he said it depends on how good the doctors are to them meaning i guess they can’t include some on their board based on their medicals

I got the sense that Beane and his guys put a board together based on players they really would want on the team.

Starting with 350-400 players and working it down to less than 150 was something I personally never heard a GM talk about.

His thoughts on trade ups and downs made a lot of sense.

There was a shockingly high number of good questions and I felt Beane answered them pretty honestly.

Let's all hope this years draft falls well for him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Sounds like Josh might have let slip that he might have talked with Daboll during offseason?  He tried to cover, but sure sounds like he let something out there that he shouldn't have.  Ooops... 

What would that have been?  It was bad that Josh said he talked with Daboll during the off-season?  Wouldn't that be a normal thing to do?

20 minutes ago, DJB said:

Anyone have video of each individual person interviewed? 

Here is the full video with everyone all together from Facebook.  You have to skip ahead over blank time in between.  

16 minutes ago, PIZ said:

What would that have been?  It was bad that Josh said he talked with Daboll during the off-season?  Wouldn't that be a normal thing to do?

I am pretty sure they aren't allowed to talk, or at least not talk football, according to the CBA.  Check it out for yourself, maybe it's nothing - around 14:55 in above video.  

Edited by One Buffalo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Here is the full video with everyone all together from Facebook.  You have to skip ahead over blank time in between.  

I am pretty sure they aren't allowed to talk, or at least not talk football, according to the CBA.  Check it out for yourself, maybe it's nothing - around 15:00 in above video.  

Thanks.  I did not know that.  I would imagine all teams do it, especially QBs.  

Just watched it.  Yep, you definitely caught something there.

Edited by PIZ

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Thanks.  I did not know that.  I would imagine all teams do it, especially QBs.  

Yeah it's crazy, and apparently many don't like the rule, but they actually aren't allowed to talk.  I am sure many do, but it would explain why Josh got a little flustered there-

https://torontosun.com/2017/04/04/a-closer-look-at-the-nfls-off-season-training-rules/wcm/69531d7c-a3c5-4a63-82b0-67d9bb1e0261

Probably the craziest element of off-season NFL football, no thanks to the CBA, is that from the end of every season until this time, head coaches and their assistants are forbidden from talking to any of their players, returning or otherwise, about any football matters pertaining to the coming season.