Fournette busted in Jax. INterested?

55 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's not a position we are desperate for. This regime believes McCoy still has it. If we bring another RB in it will be a young draft pick.

48 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Levi is going to be a helluva player.  Can't believe we got him and Foster Undrafted

Shady def still has it , expecting a huge bounce back year with an improved ol and sustainable QB play. 

And Gore is going to shock some ppl . Just look at his play last year on a Miami team with no threat of a pass game. 

Leonard is 24.

Our top two backs are a combined age old enough to collect social security and be on Medicare.

McCoy and Gore will be a combined 67 when the season starts.

If we can get this guy cheap you have to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agreed.  Shady is a feast-or-famine kind of thing....if he averages 3.9 ypc, that's going to be 1 carry he broke for 15 yds,  3 where he got stuffed for 1-2 yds or a loss.  That's not nearly as valuable as a "beast" kind of back who can reliably grind out chain-moving yards.

That said.... the "beasts" tend to get ground down PDQ.  Fournette may be ground.

"Beasts" certainly wear down PDQ which makes guys like Lynch/Gore that much more impressive. That said, it's hard to believe LF is ground with only 401 NFL carries. The 3.3 YPC is also somewhat misleading considering he only carried the ball 133 times. Has a nice TD% as well with 14 in 401 career attempts. Neither Gore or Shady are good goal line options. Odd in Frank's case for obvious reasons.

I've also heard terrific things about the guy in terms of the work he does in New Orleans. Nobody is ever as good as their positive pub or as bad as their negative pub.

I'm firmly in the roll the dice camp. If he can be had for a 5th, sign me up.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Fournette was hurt most of the year and the Jags were a tire-fire.  When he was healthy and motivated (against the Bills, for example) he looked very good.  I'm not saying Fournette is the next Jim Brown--and as I said previously, he was a horrible pick at 4 overall--but I would take him in a flash over a 36-year old Gore and 31-year old Shady.  He could still become a very good back in this league and I like his physical style.   Gore averaged less that 4.0 YPC in his three previous seasons with Indy.  I don't want to say last year was a fluke, but it was clearly an anomaly that I wouldn't bet on recurring. 

He has been plagued with ankle injuries every year since his last in college.  Also hamstring issues last year.

That along with his 2 suspensions makes in a NO for me.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Judge is a prick..1,500 bail for driving suspended.

Hell no.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Murder? Assault? Drug dealing? No? Anyone know why his license was suspended? I might kick the tires. Of course he'd have to beat out C-Wade.

Guy makes millions of dollars and is too dumb to pay what’s necessary to keep his license.   

What a dumbass 

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) he was overdrafted. Too one dimensional for today’s nfl. 

2) marrone’s offense sucks and Bortles didn’t help him

3) they aren’t trading him because of a suspended license

I’m fairly sure they’re gonna part ways with him. He’s challenging the team rescinding his bonuses, though he signed the contract with those behavior stipulations in it. That alone says they’re encouraging him to leave and will likely consider any trade offer received. I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up releasing him outright before training camp.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m fairly sure they’re gonna part ways with him. He’s challenging the team rescinding his bonuses, though he signed the contract with those behavior stipulations in it. That alone says they’re encouraging him to leave and will likely consider any trade offer received. I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up releasing him outright before training camp.

Sadly, I see them taking Miles Sanders @ 38. That’s the guy I want in Buffalo. I don’t think they release LF but they will sell him for pennies on the dollar. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Leonard is 24.

Our top two backs are a combined age old enough to collect social security and be on Medicare.

McCoy and Gore will be a combined 67 when the season starts.

If we can get this guy cheap you have to do it.

No, plenty of guys available in the draft.

6 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

None with his talent level that aren't going to use a higher draft pick.

If you can get him cheap then do so.

Disagree 100%

I do want some young legs added at RB. Fournette is a bust.

Devin Smith projected round 2-3

Ty Montgomery projected round 2-4

Dexter Williams projected round 3-5

Fournette is on the last year of his rookie contract.

He averages 3.7 ypc in the NFL.

He is a fancy Trent Richardson.

5 hours ago, Augie said:

....and yet he failed to pay a ticket from 2018 and it was sent for collection. Is that why his license was suspended?  Not the brightest bulb in the box, but at least he knew enough not to ask Dareus for a ride! 

he was probably busy, and stuff

• Haha (+1) 1