Fournette busted in Jax. INterested?

38 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/sports/jacksonville-jaguars-running-back-leonard-fournette-arrested/939197553

Jags may just release him at this point. Yes, he’s an idiot (I’ll pay royalties Tom), but he’s a bull of an RB and a position we’re desperate for.

Yeh, he and Hughes can duke it out every day at practice.

4 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Didn't you have enough with Marshawn Lynch? Let him go to Oakland with AB

I got pretty sick of watching Beast Mode tear up the NFL when he was with the Seahawks ... and he never got in any trouble there, either, despite all the Bills fans' predictions to the contrary.   In his 5 full seasons in Seattle, he played in 70 games, started 66 and ran for 5774 yards and 51 rushing TDs as well as adding 8 more receiving TDs.   In his part season with the Hawks, he started 11 games and ran for 573 yards and 6 TDs in 12 games.  He was a Pro Bowler 4 times and once All Pro with Seattle.  Boy, were the Bills geniuses to con the Hawks into giving up a fourth round pick for him!

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

hell yeah. you sign him if you can.

some quotes from last year

Last season — when he wasn’t in question — Fournette’s yards per carry was only 3.9. This season the number dipped down to 3.3. The yards per carry were never there, but the Jaguars’ offense is designed to be slow, methodical and with a heavy dose of run, which was effective when the offensive line was healthy, being the number rushing offense in 2017-18.

Yards based on volume, not effectiveness. Granted, teams stacked the box like crazy and he faced more 8 man fronts than other back on a percentge of carries basis..I just don't see him as an upgrade.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I got pretty sick of watching Beast Mode tear up the NFL when he was with the Seahawks ... and he never got in any trouble there, either, despite all the Bills fans' predictions to the contrary.   In his 5 full seasons in Seattle, he played in 70 games, started 66 and ran for 5774 yards and 51 rushing TDs as well as adding 8 more receiving TDs.   In his part season with the Hawks, he started 11 games and ran for 573 yards and 6 TDs in 12 games.  He was a Pro Bowler 4 times and once All Pro with Seattle.  Boy, were the Bills geniuses to con the Hawks into giving up a fourth round pick for him!

He got a DUI (plead down to reckless driving) while playing for Seattle.  And he admitted he didn't act like a professional while in Buffalo but did after getting traded.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd take him in a heart beat.  Looking at his 3.9 YPC is like looking at Hughes single digit sack stats or looking at Josh Allen's 53% completion rate.    It's misleading and doesn't tell the whole story of their terrible run blocking.  The dude is nimble for his size, good balance and power and can take it to the house and he's not a bad receiver either.  

But I doubt they will cut him even though he is on very shaky ground.   

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

I'd take him in a heart beat.  Looking at his 3.9 YPC is like looking at Hughes single digit sack stats or looking at Josh Allen's 53% completion rate.    It's misleading and doesn't tell the whole story of their terrible run blocking.  The dude is nimble for his size, good balance and power and can take it to the house and he's not a bad receiver either.  

But I doubt they will cut him even though he is on very shaky ground.   

Not before exhausting trade possibilities, but Coughlin, Marone & ownership are fed up with him after the teams nose dive last year.

26 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm not one to concern myself with what players do in their free time. As a matter of fact, a little personality can be a good thing for a football team. So yeah, I would have preferred to see the Bills embrace Marshawn and not draft C.J Spiller. Maybe Marshawn NEEDED the change of scenery, but I wouldn't really care about the antics if he was smashing DB's around and winning Superbowls.

The Lynch comparison is interesting.    I wasn't a Fournette fan...........or fan of drafting any RB that early really...........but he's a physical back and I think that's what McD wants out of his running game.     The $2.9M salary is palatable while you see if he has another level to his game.   And it's not a good RB draft.........there are only and handful of RB's I would even draft this year.........so I can see the fit.

22 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

giphy.gif

Shaq succumbed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Lynch comparison is interesting.    I wasn't a Fournette fan...........or fan of drafting any RB that early really...........but he's a physical back and I think that's what McD wants out of his running game.     The $2.9M salary is palatable while you see if he has another level to his game.   And it's not a good RB draft.........there are only and handful of RB's I would even draft this year.........so I can see the fit.

Yeah. They do share a similar running style and troubling start. LF is very unlikely to have a Marshawn like career, but he's worth the mid round pick it would take to acquire his services. This is not a great RB draft, and we desperately need some youth at the position.

I'll add that I'm sick and tired of seeing the Bills on the receiving end of elbows/beatdowns. Not saying I want guys running around starting fights, but how's about a response? Maybe we need a dirtbag or two. We've had NICE players for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You do realize 3.9 YPC moves the chains, yes?

It is well below league average per carry(4.2)...........but Fournette is a very physical back and that adds a lot of value to the ypa.    3.9 for a RB who turtles and leaves his feet on contact to avoid potentially painful or injurious contact like Shady is a considerably less valuable number.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yep.  Knucklehead and a horrible waste of a number 4 overall draft pick in a QB heavy draft, but he ran through the Bills like Swiss cheese last year (before getting ejected) and he’s far better than anything we’ve got.

seriously?  

Gore had 722 yds and 4.6 YPC in Miami at age 35.  Fournette had 433 yds rushing and 3.3 YPC in JAX last year.   Even Shady had more total yds!

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

some quotes from last year

Yards based on volume, not effectiveness. Granted, teams stacked the box like crazy and he faced more 8 man fronts than other back on a percentge of carries basis..I just don't see him as an upgrade.

Bortles was their QB. he won't face near as many 8 man fronts if he comes here. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

seriously?  

Gore had 722 yds and 4.6 YPC in Miami at age 35.  Fournette had 433 yds rushing and 3.3 YPC in JAX last year.   Even Shady had more total yds!

Yeah when I mentioned 3.9 YPC, that was his best season.  And if being a battering-ram means missing 1/3 of his games...

4 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

seriously?  

Fournette was hurt most of the year and the Jags were a tire-fire.  When he was healthy and motivated (against the Bills, for example) he looked very good.  I'm not saying Fournette is the next Jim Brown--and as I said previously, he was a horrible pick at 4 overall--but I would take him in a flash over a 36-year old Gore and 31-year old Shady.  He could still become a very good back in this league and I like his physical style.   Gore averaged less that 4.0 YPC in his three previous seasons with Indy.  I don't want to say last year was a fluke, but it was clearly an anomaly that I wouldn't bet on recurring. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1