Fournette busted in Jax. INterested?

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ha! Not sure the team violation, but they did suspend him.

I mean he was on thin ice last year with ol' Tommy boy, so who knows what caused this.

Even just the arrest for suspended license could have triggered a "third strike" for him within the organization

Or it might be something worse that hasn't come out...

Really would like to see.

Maybe get him even cheaper ??

19 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/sports/jacksonville-jaguars-running-back-leonard-fournette-arrested/939197553

Jags may just release him at this point. Yes, he’s an idiot (I’ll pay royalties Tom), but he’s a bull of an RB and a position we’re desperate for.

Jags win just as many games and score just as many points without him as they do with him.  

Tell me again how he would be someone to bring in?

54 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Jags win just as many games and score just as many points without him as they do with him.  

Tell me again how he would be someone to bring in?

That’s true of 99 percent of the players in the league.  Nonetheless, if you watched the Jags play the Bills a few months ago, you know that not having Fournette in the second half very definitely cost them that game.

you bring him in because you can get him cheap and he’s miles better than what we’ve got.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s true of 99 percent of the players in the league.  Nonetheless, if you watched the Jags play the Bills a few months ago, you know that not having Fournette in the second half very definitely cost them that game.

you bring him in because you can get him cheap and he’s miles better than what we’ve got.

But yet, they are .500 with him avg 22 ppg

and .500 without him avg 22 ppg

SO what is his win addition value

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont want him either, but part of that equation is playcalling and defensive fronts faced.

Jags tend to be more varied when he was not in, throwing more on first and second downs..teams know this and htrew 8 man fronts at him more than any other back in the NFL.

Having said that, still don't want him

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

I dont want him either, but part of that equation is playcalling and defensive fronts faced.

Jags tend to be more varied when he was not in, throwing more on first and second downs..teams know this and htrew 8 man fronts at him more than any other back in the NFL.

Having said that, still don't want him

I understand that.  But point still Remains they are the Same efficiency without him.  I know a lot also depends on the QB.  I am not naïve to that either, but I just don't see the value in a RB that also doesn't help the QB (either with Blocking or out of the backfield.) The reason he faced more 8 man fronts is he ONLY offers running, there is limited to no ability from him in the passing game.  

So when he is on the field your Offense also becomes limited.  and why the Jags offense was just as efficient with him off the field in terms of PPG.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, CommonCents said:

LF faced 8 in the box 35% of the time, highest in the league. Gore faced it 12% of the time. I was trying to find LF’s TFL stat but I can’t. I wouldn’t think he has many. 

Actually he was third highest, behind former Ducks Blount and Freeman. He was 5th lowest in time spent behind the line of scrimmage per play, Gore was 2nd lowest. What I found interesting was the efficiency rankings, efficiency defined as how many yards were run per yard gained. Gore was very efficient while Fournette was not. In fact Gore was the 2nd most efficient in the league while Fournette, McCoy and Ivory were all bottom 10.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#efficiency  click at the top of each category to see the rankings.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb    he was 32nd out of 46 rbs here, Gore was 14th, McCoy was practically dead last in every category.

The Bills need some talented youth in the backfield but I don't think they need Fournette, even if he wasn't an idiot.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

So tell me why the Jags will release him or trade him again? This issue wasn't even serious. He didn't beat someone up, do drugs, etc. He just got caught driving with a suspended license.

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again, that’s true of 99.5 percent of non-QBs in the league.  It doesn’t mean they can’t help you win games.  There are very few RBs that move the needle.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Again, that’s true of 99.5 percent of non-QBs in the league.  It doesn’t mean they can’t help you win games.  There are very few RBs that move the needle.

Agree that there are very few that can move the needle in that regard.  So knowing that I question why give up assets, for a player that have already proven to not move that needle.  If he will bring what a majority of RBs in this draft will bring, why not go for a RB that better fits what we are looking for, (a back that can help in the passing game) in the draft, have less miles on those tires, and less headaches and be cost controlled longer

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

So tell me why the Jags will release him or trade him again? This issue wasn't even serious. He didn't beat someone up, do drugs, etc. He just got caught driving with a suspended license.

That is what I asked, you don't just let a top 5 pick walk after 2 seasons cause he was driving without a license. They have already voided the remaining guaranteed money in his contract. I say that tells me they think he is not very good or a very good teammate; and that they made a big mistake and are trying to recoup some of their losses. Chandler says they are letting him go just because he is an idiot, but they wouldn't care if he was an idiot if he was a good rb. 

Edited by Turk71