Fournette busted in Jax. INterested?

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....I get the impression we're not talking about the "best and the brightest".....$7.1 mil in guarantees voided isn't enough of a wake up call?.....SMH....

By: Ryan Phillips | December 31, 2018 12:37 am ET

Leonard Fournette and the Jacksonville Jaguars have a bad marriage and may be headed for a divorce. Sunday night we got word that things have gotten even worse.

A month ago, the Jaguars reportedly informed Fournette they were voiding all the guaranteed money remaining on his rookie contract. The team claims the move was in response to the one-game suspension he served for instigating a fight during Jacksonville’s Nov. 25 game against the Buffalo Bills.

Fournette had $7.1 million in guaranteed money left on his deal.

....and yet he failed to pay a ticket from 2018 and it was sent for collection. Is that why his license was suspended?  Not the brightest bulb in the box, but at least he knew enough not to ask Dareus for a ride! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

What if this was our chance to get a Marshawn instead of giving up a Marshawn. Although I haven't seen anything from Fournette in the NFL that makes me think he'll be quite as good as Lynch was, wouldn't hurt to get him on the cheap.

..with two AARP members in the backfield probably slated for release post 2019, would it make sense to tie up a roster spot with a head case who probably flops, leaving a 3RD vacancy for 2020?..OR......do we look to the draft (no NEVER the 1st) for a quality kid as the basis for youth going forward?.....

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..with two AARP members in the backfield probably slated for release post 2019, would it make sense to tie up a roster spot with a head case who probably flops, leaving a 3RD vacancy for 2020?..OR......do we look to the draft (no NEVER the 1st) for a quality kid as the basis for youth going forward?.....

I think by round 3-4 we draft our future RB, and it will be a guy who is a bigger part of the passing game than Mr. Heavyfoot.  Let him learn behind a couple HOF players. RB is largely instinct and can run effectively early, but learn about pass protection and picking up blitzes from the vets. We’ve gone to great lengths of protect Josh, keep that up. 

Just now, Augie said:

I think by round 3-4 we draft our future RB, and it will be a guy who is a bigger part of the passing game than Mr. Heavyfoot.  Let him learn behind a couple HOF players. RB is largely instinct and can run effectively early, but learn about pass protection and picking up blitzes from the vets. We’ve gone to great lengths of protect Josh, keep that up. 

....great assessment my friend.....I'm on board....adios to Leonard Forget-It..........:thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Dumb manifests itself in many ways.  Many good people do a dumb thing in their life but they learn from it. To repeat dumb acts takes stupidity to a new level. His performance on the field has not been good enough to warrant putting up with his behavior.  I'd pass on him.

I was just about to post something quite similar. He’s not good enough to deal with the baggage when 3.9 ypg guys can be found in the draft. He’s JAG at this point. Unrealized potential is rarely uncovered when the player himself is throwing it away. It takes something special to bring motivation and focus to a guy who lacks both. I wouldn’t bet on that happening. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/sports/jacksonville-jaguars-running-back-leonard-fournette-arrested/939197553

Jags may just release him at this point. Yes, he’s an idiot (I’ll pay royalties Tom), but he’s a bull of an RB and a position we’re desperate for.

Are we really desperate for a RB?  If that is really the case than just draft one.  I think Shady and Gore might be ok

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Levi is going to be a helluva player.  Can't believe we got him and Foster Undrafted

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's not a position we are desperate for. This regime believes McCoy still has it. If we bring another RB in it will be a young draft pick.

Shady def still has it , expecting a huge bounce back year with an improved ol and sustainable QB play. 

And Gore is going to shock some ppl . Just look at his play last year on a Miami team with no threat of a pass game. 

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It is well below league average per carry(4.2)...........but Fournette is a very physical back and that adds a lot of value to the ypa.    3.9 for a RB who turtles and leaves his feet on contact to avoid potentially painful or injurious contact like Shady is a considerably less valuable number.

Agreed.  Shady is a feast-or-famine kind of thing....if he averages 3.9 ypc, that's going to be 1 carry he broke for 15 yds,  3 where he got stuffed for 1-2 yds or a loss.  That's not nearly as valuable as a "beast" kind of back who can reliably grind out chain-moving yards.

That said.... the "beasts" tend to get ground down PDQ.  Fournette may be ground.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...HARD pass.....as much as I can't stand him, Neon Deon called him a wuss on NFLN right before the start of the 2017 playoffs...said he became timid and tentative about hitting the hole, etc.....said he was nothing like when he first hit the NFL ranks.....sure looks like he was right.......

I challenge you to make a post without excessive dots. :D

• Haha (+1) 2