Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

This is picked from a political Facebook group. The explanation is simple to understand (please, if any of the attorneys here can correct any mistakes, that would be great!)

What everyone in the media is missing: Prosecutors and Investigators are not the same – and why a Connecticut Prosecutor

AG Barr did not choose an investigator. Barr did not choose a special counsel (ie, an investigator with a defined mandate). He chose a Prosecutor. There is a legal difference.

Prosecutors are tasked with prosecuting. It means criminal indictments are coming. You choose a prosecutor when an investigation is OVER. You choose a prosecutor only when there is evidence of wrongdoing – before you go to a grand jury.

But there is more that the Mainstream Media – and even rightwing pundits like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh – are either ignoring or missing. Why Prosecutor John Durham?

Durham is the ONLY Prosecutor in the DOJ with clearance to review Presidential materials.

Mr. Durham has a history of investigating and prosecuting intelligence agency abuses, both in the CIA and the FBI. That required the highest level of security clearance.

That level of clearance was granted, ironically, by Obama through Eric Holder during his investigation of the Bush Administration’s use of enhanced interrogation techniques.

In other words, the evidence this Prosecutor has likely involves Obama’s Cabinet at a minimum, if not former President Obama himself.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This is picked from a political Facebook group. The explanation is simple to understand (please, if any of the attorneys here can correct any mistakes, that would be great!)

What everyone in the media is missing: Prosecutors and Investigators are not the same – and why a Connecticut Prosecutor

AG Barr did not choose an investigator. Barr did not choose a special counsel (ie, an investigator with a defined mandate). He chose a Prosecutor. There is a legal difference.

Prosecutors are tasked with prosecuting. It means criminal indictments are coming. You choose a prosecutor when an investigation is OVER. You choose a prosecutor only when there is evidence of wrongdoing – before you go to a grand jury.

But there is more that the Mainstream Media – and even rightwing pundits like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh – are either ignoring or missing. Why Prosecutor John Durham?

Durham is the ONLY Prosecutor in the DOJ with clearance to review Presidential materials.

Mr. Durham has a history of investigating and prosecuting intelligence agency abuses, both in the CIA and the FBI. That required the highest level of security clearance.

That level of clearance was granted, ironically, by Obama through Eric Holder during his investigation of the Bush Administration’s use of enhanced interrogation techniques.

In other words, the evidence this Prosecutor has likely involves Obama’s Cabinet at a minimum, if not former President Obama himself.

I can confirm the bulk of the investigative stage ended about 6 weeks ago. Know two people on that team very well, both went on vacation (first time for both in years) for two weeks to decompress from what they told me was "the most intense yet fulfilling investigative work they've ever done." 

I asked why it was fulfilling (as well as other questions) and the response I got was:  "because the higher ups didn't sit on it like they had done in the past".

They could not give me any details - but based on my understanding of their positions and roles in the alphabet agencies where they work, they were both working on two separate tracks: Russia origins and the CF/CFI. When I asked for clarity on which one was further along I was told, (paraphrased) "well, they're both the same investigation aren't they?"

justice is coming. But due process is slow. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

NEWS YOU CAN USE? 6 Things to Know About the Prosecutor Investigating Spying on Trump Campaign.

Durham’s resume includes investigating the mafia and crooked politicians.

Attorneys general from the Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama administrations all previously appointed Durham to lead special investigations.

Barr reportedly selected him to head the probe weeks ago, as the FBI came under intensified scrutiny for spying on one Trump campaign adviser and sending a confidential informant to talk to another.

In the aftermath of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report clearing the Trump campaign of conspiracy with Russia to influence the election, many Republican lawmakers called for an investigation into how the probe of Trump and his team commenced.

Two known incidents loom large: The FBI obtained a warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to put Trump campaign aide Carter Page under surveillance. The FBI also sent a confidential informant to talk to George Papadopoulos, another Trump campaign aide, in a bar. The woman told Papadopoulos that her name was Azra Turk, and he later described her as “flirtatious.”

Much more at the link.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hearing lots of chatter of late that RR's famous "What do you want me to do, wear a wire?" was in reference to the Oval Office meeting he had with Trump and Mueller the day before Mueller was tapped as SCO. 

A tweet from someone? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

A tweet from someone? 

No. The meeting took place May 16th 2016. 

In a May, 16, 2017 meeting at a secure facility at the Justice Department — one week after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey — Rosenstein was arguing with Andrew McCabe, then the acting director of the FBI, about the president, according to a senior Justice Department official.

"Well, what do you want me to do, Andy, wear a wire?" Rosenstein asked at the meeting, which also included FBI lawyer Lisa Page and four career DOJ officials, according to the senior official. One of the career civil servants was Scott Schools, who would later go on to sign off on the firing of McCabe, the official said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/rosenstein-joked-about-secretly-recording-trump-say-sources-n911981

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Image result for john brennan panicked

He was just doing his job. Russia was helping Trump and Trump's campaign had many links to the Russians, I mean they hired Paul Manafort. 

This looks like the Trump people are just expanding the cover up. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He was just doing his job.

Was he "just doing his job" when he murdered an American journalist on the streets of Los Angeles in 2013? 

Or when he spied on Congress (and lied about it) in 2013?

Or when he pushed Russian disinformation as fact on TV for two plus years?

• Like (+1) 4