Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

really don't care for how the media (on all sides) have decided to title this:

It's not "investigating the investigators" -- it's investigating the government for potential abuse of their massive powers of surveillance

This is why you're not being paid to write the narrative for them...

"investigating the government for potential abuse of their massive powers of surveillance" is nowhere near as catchy or misleading as "investigating the investigators".

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

This is why you're not being paid to write the narrative for them...

"investigating the government for potential abuse of their massive powers of surveillance" is nowhere near as catchy or misleading as "investigating the investigators".

“Who watches the watchers?”

This is age old, and needs to be part of the frame, because it’s folksy.

• Like (+1) 3

On 6/8/2019 at 5:22 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

really don't care for how the media (on all sides) have decided to title this: 

It's not "investigating the investigators" -- it's investigating the government for potential abuse of their massive powers of surveillance

I was thinking  "Investigategate" but it made every announcer sound like they were hammered, and I heard autocorrect kept crashing the system. 

17 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I was thinking  "Investigategate" but it made every announcer sound like they were hammered, and I heard autocorrect kept crashing the system. 

The Left has managed to control the conversation again.  This is not an investigation of investigators.  This whole thing was a made up story from the beginning. These deep-Staters weren't investigating anything...because as well all no know, nothing ever happened. They were making up a narrative to fill their own political biases. This was coup...plain and simple.

Even Republicans' own selected witness, former prosecutor Andy McCarthy, at times undercut accusations that have become articles of faith to Trump and his allies.

McCarthy said he didn’t think any FBI officials or Justice Department figures acted “in bad faith” when they sought to surveil a Trump campaign associate. He said they made “mistakes,” but not intentional ones. “I don’t think anyone was acting in bad faith on the FISA warrant,” he said. Trump and his allies on Capitol Hill have argued that the FBI's pursuit of the warrant on Page is proof they were seeking to damage Trump's campaign in the run-up to the election. But there, too, McCarthy said otherwise.

"I don’t know that there’s evidence [FBI officials] were trying to scuttle the Trump campaign,” he said.

McCarthy also said that Trump campaign figures should have called the FBI when a Russian lawyer visited Trump Tower to ostensibly provide information meant to damage Clinton. And he contradicted the notion -- espoused by Trump -- that the Obama administration took no action to counter Russian interference in the 2016 election.

"They took some investigative steps," McCarthy said, though he added that they may have proven insufficient because the administration was concerned about appearing "to be putting their thumb on the scale in an investigative way versus how do we stop what Russia is doing. You can certainly argue about the value judgment."

Oops! Stupid Republicans can't find real people to spread their lies, lol 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/12/adam-schiff-subpoena-fbi-director-wray-1362106

From DR’s link above...

“In July 2016, the Obama administration accepted unsolicited information from Alexander Downer, an Australian diplomat who just happened to have helped arrange a $25 million government donation to the Clinton Foundation years before. Downer said that he had witnessed a Trump campaign aide, George Papadopoulos, bragging about some dirt that the Russians supposedly had on Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

Though Downer’s claim was reported two-plus months after the alleged event, and was only hearsay gathered at a London tavern, the Obama administration gave it to the FBI which, in turn, thought it was weighty enough to justify opening a counterintelligence case against the lawfully elected Republican nominee for president.

In other words, the Democratic administration accepted dirt from a foreign friendly and used it to justify investigating its GOP rival.

And then, OMG, they did it again just a few weeks later.”

• Like (+1) 2

I'm surprised that the dems/libs/media fell for this.

Trump has been cleared by the 2 year Mueller investigations..................(despite what the fanatics cling to)

The Obama administration and their willing accomplices are presently being investigated by A.G. Barr and the DOJ

Trump mouths off that he might take info from a foreign country

The response is immediate that that is wrong and illegal ...................................thereby setting themselves up nicely when Barr lowers the boom.

• Like (+1) 3