Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

On 5/29/2019 at 11:53 AM, Tiberius said:

So which Democrat would you vote for over Trump? Don't dodge the question...again 

Not a single one. They are all Commies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

In fairness, he was asked to give his opinion. I respect that he answered.

He's completely wrong, of course, but he gave an actual answer.

right? the poster whom's schtick you quoted is getting a bit old. 

42 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Lots of gems in here -- including Huber revelations (he passed off FISA to focus on Clinton matters). 

On Foreign Election Interference: 

CRAWFORD: Right, because its hard to understand why it wasn't taken more seriously (by the Obama administration). 

BARR: Right. 

CRAWFORD: Why do you think it was not? 

BARR: I have no idea. That's one of the things I'm interested in looking at. Surely the response should have been more than just, you know, dangling a confidential informant in front of a peripheral player in the Trump campaign.

BARR: (On the dangers of Government spying) It's just as dangerous to the continuation of our self-government and our republican system, republic that we do not allow government power, law enforcement or intelligence power, to play a role in politics, to intrude into politics, and affect elections. There's a tendency that they know better and that, you know, they're there to protect as guardians of the people. That can easily translate into essentially supervening the will of the majority and getting your own way as a government official.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
added quotes
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

There's a lot of lawyer-speak and careful word parsing in that interview, but I found this interesting and/or informative:

</snip>

WILLIAM BARR: Well the inspector general at the department, Mike Horowitz, who you know is a superb government official he has limited powers. He doesn't have the power to compel testimony, he doesn't have the power really to investigate beyond the current cast of characters at the Department of Justice. His ability to get information from former officials or from other agencies outside the department is very limited

</snip>

WILLIAM BARR: Right, so Huber had originally been asked to take a look at the FISA applications and the electronic surveillance but then he stood back and put that on hold while the Office of Inspector General was conducting its review, which would've been normal for the department. And he was essentially on standby in case Mr. Horowitz referred a matter to him to be handled criminally. So he has not been active on this front in recent months and so Durham is taking over that role. The other issues he's been working on relate to Hillary Clinton. Those are winding down and hopefully we'll be in a position to bring those to fruition

</snip>

WILLIAM BARR: Because I think the activities were undertaken by a small group at the top which is one of the- probably one of the mistakes that has been made instead of running this as a normal bureau investigation or counterintelligence investigation. It was done by the executives at the senior level. Out of head quarters--

</snip>

WILLIAM BARR: Well it's hard to read some of the texts with and not feel that there was gross bias at work and they're appalling. And if the shoe were on the other--

JAN CRAWFORD: Appalling.

WILLIAM BARR: Those were appalling. And on their face they were very damning and I think if the shoe was on the other foot we could be hearing a lot about it. If those kinds of discussions were held you know when Obama first ran for office, people talking about Obama in those tones and suggesting that "Oh that he might be a Manchurian candidate for Islam or something like that." You know some wild accusations like that and you had that kind of discussion back and forth, you don't think we would be hearing a lot more about it?

</snip>

JAN CRAWFORD: So did you ask the president for authority to declassify?

WILLIAM BARR: Yes.

JAN CRAWFORD: You asked the president?

WILLIAM BARR: Yes and also you know, the direction of the intelligence agencies to support our efforts.

JAN CRAWFORD: So did you discuss this with the DNI and head of the CIA?

WILLIAM BARR: Yes.

JAN CRAWFORD: And what's their response?

WILLIAM BARR: That they're going to be supportive.

</snip>

This made me laugh: 

WILLIAM BARR: Well the media reaction is strange. Normally the media would be interested in letting the sunshine in and finding out what the truth is. And usually the media doesn't care that much about protecting intelligence sources and methods. But I do and I will.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This one is giving 10 Downing Street panic attacks: 

BARR: The use of foreign intelligence capabilities (read: MORE THAN ASSETS LIKE HALPER/MISFUD) and counterintelligence capabilities against an American political campaign to me is unprecedented and it's a serious red line that's been crossed

• Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Lots of gems in here -- including Huber revelations (he passed off FISA to focus on Clinton matters). 

On Foreign Election Interference: 

CRAWFORD: Right, because its hard to understand why it wasn't taken more seriously (by the Obama administration). 

BARR: Right. 

CRAWFORD: Why do you think it was not? 

BARR: I have no idea. That's one of the things I'm interested in looking at. Surely the response should have been more than just, you know, dangling a confidential informant in front of a peripheral player in the Trump campaign.

BARR: (On the dangers of Government spying) It's just as dangerous to the continuation of our self-government and our republican system, republic that we do not allow government power, law enforcement or intelligence power, to play a role in politics, to intrude into politics, and affect elections. There's a tendency that they know better and that, you know, they're there to protect as guardians of the people. That can easily translate into essentially supervening the will of the majority and getting your own way as a government official.

But Trump is saying the attack never even happened. So who isn't taking it seriously??? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

But Trump is saying the attack never even happened. So who isn't taking it seriously??? 

Trump did not order Cybercommand to stand down in the face of the Russian attacks. Obama did. Obama did nothing to put out the fire... because he wanted to inflame the situation since it was beneficial to the narrative he was building with the Clinton campaign re collusion/conspiracy

Or to put it another way: Obama realized there was an issue, and instead of protecting the country he sought to turn the issue into a political advantage for himself. Because he cares more about his legacy than he has ever cared about the country or its well being. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump did not order Cybercommand to stand down in the face of the Russian attacks. Obama did. Obama did nothing to put out the fire... because he wanted to inflame the situation since it was beneficial to the narrative he was building with the Clinton campaign re collusion/conspiracy

Or to put it another way: Obama realized there was an issue, and instead of protecting the country he sought to turn the issue into a political advantage for himself. Because he cares more about his legacy than he has ever cared about the country or its well being. 

Link on this latest "stand down" order please 

Nervous Schiffy?

Rep. Schiff: Attorney General Barr Should Never Have Been Confirmed In First Place

Congressman Adam Schiff is doubling down on his calls for Attorney General William Barr to resign. While speaking at an event Thursday, the Democrat lawmaker said he believes Barr should never have been confirmed to the position in the first place.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

CRAWFORD: But you said there's a timeline concern. 

BARR: Well I won't, I won't confirm that, but I'll just say that, you know, there's some questions that I think have to be answered, and I have a basis for feeling there has to be a review of this. 

Image result for feet up on desk proud gif

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Well,  Obama's certainly gonna have some legacy when this is all over, just not the one he'd hoped for...

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Link on this latest "stand down" order please 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-cyber-chief-confirms-stand-order-russian-cyberattacks-summer-2016-204935758.html

Note the author of the piece too...

The Obama White House’s chief cyber official testified Wednesday that proposals he was developing to counter Russia’s attack on the U.S. presidential election were put on a “back burner” after he was ordered to “stand down” his efforts in the summer of 2016.

• Like (+1) 1

Barr's really got some gems in that interview. I foresee a lot of bags being packed this morning, or at the very least, affairs being put into order. ? 

WILLIAM BARR: The idea of resisting a democratically elected president and basically throwing everything at him and you know, really changing the norms on the grounds that we have to stop this president, that is where the shredding of our norms and our institutions is occurring. 

• Like (+1) 2

Here's a gem -- and why he's the Honey Badger 

BARR: I realize we live in a crazy hyper-partisan period of time and I knew that it would only be a matter of time if I was behaving responsibly and calling them as I see them, that I would be attacked because nowadays people don't care about the merit and the substance. Any Attorney General in this period is going to end up losing a lot of political capital and I realize that and that is one of the reasons that I ultimately was persuaded that I should take it on because I think at my stage in life it really doesn't make a difference.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Nervous Schiffy?

Rep. Schiff: Attorney General Barr Should Never Have Been Confirmed In First Place

Congressman Adam Schiff is doubling down on his calls for Attorney General William Barr to resign. While speaking at an event Thursday, the Democrat lawmaker said he believes Barr should never have been confirmed to the position in the first place.

</snip>

According to Democrats, if you demand the resignation of someone investigating you, that is obstruction. So, by their very definition, Schiff is obstructing justice.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1