Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No, it's ####ing pathetic.  These ####### are so entrenched into their bunkers that they LITERALLY make 2nd graders back & forth jibes of "nunhtna," "uh-huh," "nuhntna," "uh-huh,"  ad infinitum seem downright well reasoned & adult. And FAR more productive.

That was the hilarity...these are the people we put our hopes in :lol:

So, Bill Barr had an NPR interview. This stuck out to me. Even though we know Obama and Biden will never be charged, there is evidence that they, at the very least, knew everything #teamcoup was doing. Directed it? Jury is still out.  In light of the new documentation we have seen, that they are not being investigated still makes me scratch my head. Executive privilege to stage a coup?

Transcript

I want to ask, Attorney General, about the Durham investigation while we have a few moments. There is a longstanding practice in the Department of Justice against releasing politically sensitive information close to an election. We're getting closer and closer to an election. Is there still time before the election for the Durham report to be known?

All right. Well, as I've said a few times, no one under investigation in the Durham matter is running for president. And I've said publicly that neither President Obama or Vice President Biden are under investigation. And I've also said I'm committed to having the American people have a free choice in this election between the candidates and I don't want the Department of Justice to be interfering in that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Foxx said:

...as he rightfully should.......huge problem with Federal employees thinking they are protected lifers.....leaking and politicizing their position(s) has been an accepted "privilege" for years with no ramifications.....for those in the private sector, how or what would be the reactions of a rogue employee leaking company info publicly?.....I'll withhold my view....

Think twice about why the media attacks William Barr

The Hill, by Jonathan Turley

Original Article

Two years ago, I criticized President Trump for his endless attacks on then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Now, Attorney General William Barr is being similarly attacked by Trump critics, and some media coverage shows the same kind of blind rage without reason.(Snip)the basis for this criticism has never been weaker. Three particular news stories seemed to break entirely free from any factual or legal moorings, and no one seemed to care.

(Snip)

for Barr to be thoroughly immoral, the Flynn case must be portrayed as virtually immaculate. Thus, the coverage has steadfastly ignored disclosures over how the FBI pushed unrelentingly for any criminal charge against Flynn, allegedly withheld exculpatory evidence, and

A fine lawyer takes a look at criticism of Barr and finds it baseless.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Think twice about why the media attacks William Barr

The Hill, by Jonathan Turley

Original Article

Two years ago, I criticized President Trump for his endless attacks on then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Now, Attorney General William Barr is being similarly attacked by Trump critics, and some media coverage shows the same kind of blind rage without reason.(Snip)the basis for this criticism has never been weaker. Three particular news stories seemed to break entirely free from any factual or legal moorings, and no one seemed to care.

(Snip)

for Barr to be thoroughly immoral, the Flynn case must be portrayed as virtually immaculate. Thus, the coverage has steadfastly ignored disclosures over how the FBI pushed unrelentingly for any criminal charge against Flynn, allegedly withheld exculpatory evidence, and

A fine lawyer takes a look at criticism of Barr and finds it baseless.

I find it odd that people who think Barr is fixing the Flynn case actually want Sullivan to have a hearing where the DOJ lays out every dirty deed done to Flynn.  That’s what the hearing would be about. Do people who think the Russia investigation was pure as newfallen snow want to see how the sausage was made? Based on the limited facts that have come out, people should want to tiptoe away from any hearing explaining why Barr did what he did.

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, snafu said:

I find it odd that people who think Barr is fixing the Flynn case actually want Sullivan to have a hearing where the DOJ lays out every dirty deed done to Flynn.  That’s what the hearing would be about. Do people who think the Russia investigation was pure as newfallen snow want to see how the sausage was made? Based on the limited facts that have come out, people should want to tiptoe away from any hearing explaining why Barr did what he did.

People who know how to read and objectively analyze the current evidence certainly would advise others as you have here...

However,   since the media and ardent leftists have simply ignored all the evidence up to now,  there's no reason to believe that they'll stop ignoring any reiterating of the current evidence or anything new that sees the light of day. When your side controls the narrative, its easy and comfortable to be intellectually dishonest.

• Like (+1) 3

Liberals from November 2016 until June 2020: The Department of Justice enjoys independence, both legally as well as normatively, from the White House and President. The President should only supervise investigations and prosecutions at the broad policy-making level (via statutes and regulations) and by appointments in the normal course of rotation in office, through retirements and resignations. If the President wants to know the details of ongoing investigations and prosecutions, he can read about them in the newspapers like anyone else. The unitary executive theory is alien to our legal system—a phony doctrine made up by the Federalist Society.

Liberals after June 2020 Publication of the Strzok Memorandum in the Flynn Matter: Of course, the President should be apprised of the details of all ongoing investigations—even if they involve the opposition party’s candidate and his confidantes. No one is above the law! The President is supposed to comment about how to staff those investigations. And the Vice President is supposed to put forward novel legal theories (e.g., the Logan Act) in order to help the investigation/prosecution (of his future opponent). These are not disqualifying conflicts: such conflicts are built into the Constitution. The Vice President is part of the Executive Branch and has a role in active Justice Department investigations—even if that involves the opposition. The unitary executive includes the Vice President. The Unitary Executive …

To put it another way ... the active involvement of the Attorney General and Main Justice in overriding the decisions of subordinates and career civil servants is bad, particularly if all the facts are known and when it is done in public. But the Vice Presidents putting forward novel legal theories to move an investigation of the opposition forward is ... perfectly normal ... especially when done in secret. Makes complete sense.
  • Like (+1) 2