Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Brennan just puckered. 

And yet we get talt like the following:

Unequal injustice for Republicans.

Protection of illegal activities from Trump haters.

Of course. We knew it would be so. She was never supposed to lose.

The NY Bar association has written a letter to Congress and others about this dangerous situation: 

The letter begins:

We write to express our deep concerns about the impartial administration of justice in connection with the prosecution of Roger Stone in federal court in Washington, D.C., and to call for immediate investigations by Congress and by the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General. Recent actions by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, a component of the United States Department of Justice, raise serious questions about whether the Department of Justice is making prosecutorial decisions based not on neutral principles but in order to protect President Trump’s supporters and friends. In our criminal justice system, a single standard must apply to all who are accused or convicted of violating the law — unequal treatment based on political influence is to be deplored in all cases but is especially dangerous if it emanates from the presidency.

Instead, the bar says this appears “from all external circumstances to be an instance of President Trump and Attorney General [William P.] Barr acting in concert to protect Stone from punishment.” 

42 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Brennan just puckered. 

....I think Barr and Durham are consummate professionals.......even though Durham did high level cases as US Attorney for Holder, they both will be trashed as partisan hacks......in the mean time, Barr is pissed with Trump's obnoxious tweets about the Stone matter.....he seriously needs to give it a rest and STFU as it's getting obnoxious.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

First thing I thought was, "She needs a better bra or at the very least, a bra fitting."  I'm sure that was your first thought too.

yea i dont have cable i listen to fox internet app so I know voices not faces. Plus I don't get out a lot

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

First thing I thought was, "She needs a better bra or at the very least, a bra fitting."  I'm sure that was your first thought too.

First thing I thought was...................."I like that shade of green"............................God, I'm old.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Albwan said:

yea i dont have cable i listen to fox internet app so I know voices not faces. Plus I don't get out a lot

So what are your opinions of Kat Timpf and Tomi Laren right now

Now wait a second and think, what youre opinions right now?  Then click the spoiler

Tomi

Tomi_Lahren_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

:wub:

Kat

Timpf_Katherine_OFFICIAL-1-e157307675286

Now what's your opinion?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

So what are your opinions of Kat Timpf and Tomi Laren right now

Now wait a second and think, what youre opinions right now?  Then click the spoiler

Hide contents

Tomi

Tomi_Lahren_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

Kat

Timpf_Katherine_OFFICIAL-1-e157307675286

Now what's your opinion?

My opinion is...wait. Did you ask a question? 

21 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I was going under the impression you were center left. Rationalizing overly aggressive tactics and unreasonable sentencing guidelines because someone else was terrorized seems much more extreme left (or extreme right) than center left or right. 

Let me say this, Bobercrombie and Fitch, I can't speak to the Jamiacan Marihooch dispensaries in Grove's Point, but I'd be surprised if the situation was even remotely the same.  I'd think underground Reefer Plantations would be raided without warning, that the occupants might well be armed against all manner of predators, and that they likely did not know they were about to be charged.  

Lenny, do you intentionally miss my points?  I am in no way condoning the aggressive tactics.  In fact, the complete opposite.  The point was that the early morning arrest of Stone was far from rough or unusual.

The SWAT raids on suspected basement pot growers endanger police, pets, and homeowners.  They are completely unnecessary given the size of a basement operation, the inability of any actual grower to dispose of evidence (like a cocaine toilet flush), the statistical likelihood of violent resistance from home cannabis growers, and perhaps most importantly, the ease of arresting the accused away from home in a traffic stop with backup.  Now, a large warehouse operation involving gang members is a completely different case and SWAT may be appropriate but not for small scale growers.

I once saw a COPS program where I heard what I believe to be a primary reason these cannabis raids use SWAT teams.  The head of the unit said, we like to get the boys some practice in a generally safe operation so they are ready for when they are really needed.  While that makes sense on the surface, when you consider that they are unnecessarily endangering citizens with these live fire practices, the raids make far less sense.  If interested, the article below mentions a number of other police motives for the no knock raids

https://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/7083371/swat-no-knock-raids-police-killed-civilians-dangerous-work-drugs

• Haha (+1) 1

This is why no one takes Bob seriously -- he is dishonest even within his own posts: 

Example:

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Lenny, do you intentionally miss my points?  I am in no way condoning the aggressive tactics.  In fact, the complete opposite. 

Okay... sounds fair. Until:

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

The point was that the early morning arrest of Stone was far from rough or unusual.

Yet, Bob was silent when it happened. Didn't say a word (other than gleeful celebration that Stone was arrested).