Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

18 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I will add that the corruption involved in the investigation and selective and aggressive prosecution of Roger Stone is far more egregious than anything Roger Stone may have done.

Yup. 

Stone is unequivocally an #######. He's the #######'s ####### in fact ... But it's not illegal to be an ####### in this country. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. 

Stone is unequivocally an #######. He's the #######'s ####### in fact ... But it's not illegal to be an ####### in this country. 

I was vaguely familiar with him before he got smacked with all this bull *****, but I don't really know much about him.

What's the knock on him?

Just now, Rob's House said:

I was vaguely familiar with him before he got smacked with all this bull *****, but I don't really know much about him.

What's the knock on him?

I was the in the same camp before the whole Russia thing. Essentially he's a guy who's made a living pretending to have more access and pull than he actually does. Which is ironic considering that's what did him in here (talking up access to Wikileaks and Assange which he actually never had, he was going by public news stories not inside access). 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I was the in the same camp before the whole Russia thing. Essentially he's a guy who's made a living pretending to have more access and pull than he actually does. Which is ironic considering that's what did him in here (talking up access to Wikileaks and Assange which he actually never had, he was going by public news stories not inside access). 

But that describes almost EVERYONE on the Internet! Guess we’re all going to jail. (Good thing there’s no bail system anymore.)

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A rich man's Kato Kaelin? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Jesus, Bob, if you’re truly “left leaning”, how can you support a tyrannical govt agency attempting to pulverize a citizen with selective leaks, swat team raids on sleeping old dudes who pose no flight risk, and the crushing weight of a wildly inappropriate recommended sentence that’s disproportionate with every other happenstance over the past three or four years?  I think you have gone plum loco Esse. 

Len, pardon me if I don't shed tears for Stone because he got arrested outside of normal business hours, with a knock on his door.  In Michigan, to arrest people suspected of basement cannabis gardens during the early days of medical marijuana, law enforcement swat teams routinely arrested non-violent, non-flight-risk elderly folks, by kicking in their doors in the middle of the night, sometimes shooting their pet dogs, at times using concussion grenades, and at times shooting the startled homeowners who came to investigate the intrusion.   As is a popular refrain around here....I didn't hear you complaining then.    Not that I would have expected you to.  I just wanted to use it    lol

You don't like our justice system that punishes and pressures defendants for cooperation, that is fine but let's agree that is the way they have always worked.  You don't like swat teams going on 'practice raids', endangering the accused for no logical reason?  I agree.  To claim that the Stone arrest was highly unusual and that everyone is just picking on Don and his friends though, is just misleading

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/20/judge-delays-roger-stones-sentencing-until-feb-20-088813

from the article

A jury convicted Stone in November on seven felony counts of lying to investigators, obstructing a congressional probe and witness tampering — crimes that carry a maximum sentence of 50 years in prison.

10 hours ago, Rob's House said:

No personal animosity, just shooting straight.

Perhaps I should have said "you guys" instead of "you." For all I know you were outraged by the DOJ covering for Hillary. If I had to bet I'd sooner place a wager on Rush Limbaugh winning an NAACP image award, but who knows.

I will say that your insinuation that the President publicly tweeting his disapproval of an outrageous miscarriage of justice against a civilian who did nothing of consequence but is being railroaded for no legitimate reason is even in the same ballpark as, much less worse than, the DOJ secretly conspiring to run cover for the Secretary of State who was caught knowingly compromising national security for nefarious purposes and then lied and destroyed evidence to cover it up is ... well, I don't really have to say what it is. It speaks for itself.

I will add that the corruption involved in the investigation and selective and aggressive prosecution of Roger Stone is far more egregious than anything Roger Stone may have done.

Rob, I have been saying that this WH interference with Judiciary is way more open, obvious, and provable than the 2016 tarmac pressure.  The tarmac incident was suspicious but essentially unproven even after an investigation in which Lynch testified under oath.  Folks, such as yourself, have been countering by saying that the Clinton misdeeds were way worse than Stone's.  That question has importance but conveniently skates past the point of the WH interference....if you didn't like the appearance of WH interference in 2016, how can you overlook Trump's much more obvious interference now?

Not you personally but while I am on my soapbox, that logic is used here all the time.  Trump does something that the left claims is 'bad'.  Trump supporters defend him by pointing to some past administration action that they thought was similar and wrong.  Then they claim that Trump doing it is now is just fine.  Why wrong then but OK now?

Also, wasn't there a recent report that essentially said the Hillary email mistakes were not as intentional or egregious as you implied?  Here is a politico article

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/18/state-department-hillary-clinton-emails-051380

6 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Rob, I have been saying that this WH interference with Judiciary is way more open, obvious, and provable than the 2016 tarmac pressure.  The tarmac incident was suspicious but essentially unproven even after an investigation in which Lynch testified under oath.  Folks, such as yourself, have been countering by saying that the Clinton misdeeds were way worse than Stone's.  That question has importance but conveniently skates past the point of the WH interference....if you didn't like the appearance of WH interference in 2016, how can you overlook Trump's much more obvious interference now?

Not you personally but while I am on my soapbox, that logic is used here all the time.  Trump does something that the left claims is 'bad'.  Trump supporters defend him by pointing to some past administration action that they thought was similar and wrong.  Then they claim that Trump doing it is now is just fine.  Why wrong then but OK now?

Also, wasn't there a recent report that essentially said the Hillary email mistakes were not as intentional or egregious as you implied?  Here is a politico article

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/18/state-department-hillary-clinton-emails-051380

Did you really just write this?    Do you understand any topics in which you decide to participate?   Do you again wonder why you are considered a joke?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Did you really just write this?    Do you understand any topics in which you decide to participate?   Do you again wonder why you are considered a joke?

Yes, yes, no. 

I consider the source when I am criticized around here.  More specifically, your criticism typically does not faze me.  

I always ask for what specifically was so off base and seldom hear back.  You want to elaborate on your claim that I am not understanding this issue, then please do.  I suspect that you have nothing, but what, where does my reply demonstrate lack of understanding?

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Yes, yes, no. 

I consider the source when I am criticized around here.  More specifically, your criticism typically does not faze me.  

I always ask for what specifically was so off base and seldom hear back.  You want to elaborate on your claim that I am not understanding this issue, then please do.  I suspect that you have nothing, but what, where does my reply demonstrate lack of understanding?

Where did the WH interfere with the Judiciary branch?

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/11/2020 at 8:55 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: :lol: 

Offense DEFINITELY has the ball: 

1. Liu was picked to help clean up the DC office -- but wound up helping/arming Mueller's leftovers instead. 

2. Liu was lured away from that job with a job at Treasury

3. Liue quits her job to prepare for her confirmation hearing

4. Barr appoints O'Shea to take his place

5. Trump withdraws her nomination -- Liu problem solved. 

6. As soon as O'Shea is installed, the Mueller holdovers quit and the Stone sentencing blows up. 

7. Barr and Trump just nuked the DC office, the one that Brennan, Comey, and others were using against the administration --

... and the very same office Barr would need control of to successfully prosecute Brennan, Comey and more... 

She's gone:

Jessie Liu resigns from Treasury after pulled nomination

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/02/12/trump-stone-judge/

The tweets and his statements to the press are his attempt to influence the Stone sentencing.  If you missed that, check out this article

Sending out a Tweet after a verdict is handed down is interfering with the Judiciary?  And that's the same as a highly influential private citizen meeting with the head prosecutor who was in the middle of an investigation of his wife?  

• Thank you (+1) 1