Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-cyber-chief-confirms-stand-order-russian-cyberattacks-summer-2016-204935758.html

Note the author of the piece too...

The Obama White House’s chief cyber official testified Wednesday that proposals he was developing to counter Russia’s attack on the U.S. presidential election were put on a “back burner” after he was ordered to “stand down” his efforts in the summer of 2016.

Obama officials were also worried that a vigorous cyber response along the lines Daniel had proposed could escalate into a full scale cyber war. And, they have since argued, they believed that the president’s warning had some impact, noting — as Daniel did in his testimony — that they saw some tamping down in Russian probing of state election data systems after Obama’s private talk with Putin.

And all this was after the hacking had occurred so all that stolen info that was weaponized to help Trump was out of the bag. 

I don't see anything damaging to Obama, what is damaging is the lack of carry over response by Trump. Dragging his feat on sanctions, meeting privatly with Putin, finding out about all the lies Trump has told about his relationship with Russia and on and on 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Nervous Schiffy?

Rep. Schiff: Attorney General Barr Should Never Have Been Confirmed In First Place

Congressman Adam Schiff is doubling down on his calls for Attorney General William Barr to resign. While speaking at an event Thursday, the Democrat lawmaker said he believes Barr should never have been confirmed to the position in the first place.

</snip>

If only there was a confirmation process and voting procedures.... 

Oh wait, there is. 

Who are the ones trying to destroy institutions again? 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And all this was after the hacking had occurred so all that stolen info that was weaponized to help Trump was out of the bag. 

That makes it worse, not better. The "hacks" (which we'll agree to disagree on their reality for now) happened in the spring. By the summer the administration was aware of Russian attempts to penetrate voting systems and rolls -- and yet they ordered the stand down anyway? Even after they "knew" the Russians had stolen information and were planning to distribute them? 

Again, that explanation makes it look much, much worse for Obama. 

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Here's a gem -- and why he's the Honey Badger 

BARR: I realize we live in a crazy hyper-partisan period of time and I knew that it would only be a matter of time if I was behaving responsibly and calling them as I see them, that I would be attacked because nowadays people don't care about the merit and the substance. Any Attorney General in this period is going to end up losing a lot of political capital and I realize that and that is one of the reasons that I ultimately was persuaded that I should take it on because I think at my stage in life it really doesn't make a difference.

I still think Mr. Rosenstein has some questions to answer regarding his signing of one of the FISA extensions and the whole wearing the wire thing.  Rod seems like a pleaser to me.  Someone who will go whichever way the wind is blowing. 

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well,  Obama's certainly gonna have some legacy when this is all over, just not the one he'd hoped for...

It's already tarnished and he's been amazingly quiet.  Wonder why?

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If only there was a confirmation process and voting procedures.... 

Oh wait, there is. 

Who are the ones trying to destroy institutions again? 

That makes it worse, not better. The "hacks" (which we'll agree to disagree on their reality for now) happened in the spring. By the summer the administration was aware of Russian attempts to penetrate voting systems and rolls -- and yet they ordered the stand down anyway? Even after they "knew" the Russians had stolen information and were planning to distribute them? 

Again, that explanation makes it look much, much worse for Obama. 

The stand down was just over relatiatory attacks, other things were tried. And remember, everyone thought Trump was going to lose anyway, including Trump 

https://amgreatness.com/2019/05/31/barr-small-group-at-the-top-directed-investigation-into-bogus-collusion/

When pressed to explain why domestic sabotage of a presidential campaign is as damaging as interference by an international foe, Barr compared the internal efforts to those of ancient Roman bodyguards.

“Republics have fallen because of Praetorian Guard mentality where government officials get very arrogant, they identify the national interest with their own political preferences and they feel that anyone who has a different opinion, you know, is somehow an enemy of the state,” he said.

Barr warned that the use of federal powers originally intended to detect foreign enemies but instead used against an American political campaign represents “a serious red line that’s been crossed.”

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://amgreatness.com/2019/05/31/barr-small-group-at-the-top-directed-investigation-into-bogus-collusion/

When pressed to explain why domestic sabotage of a presidential campaign is as damaging as interference by an international foe, Barr compared the internal efforts to those of ancient Roman bodyguards.

“Republics have fallen because of Praetorian Guard mentality where government officials get very arrogant, they identify the national interest with their own political preferences and they feel that anyone who has a different opinion, you know, is somehow an enemy of the state,” he said.

Barr warned that the use of federal powers originally intended to detect foreign enemies but instead used against an American political campaign represents “a serious red line that’s been crossed.”

I thought that was especially powerful. 

WILLIAM BARR: In my mind, they are, sure. I mean, republics have fallen because of Praetorian Guard mentality where government officials get very arrogant, they identify the national interest with their own political preferences and they feel that anyone who has a different opinion, you know, is somehow an enemy of the state. And you know, there is that tendency that they know better and that, you know, they're there to protect as guardians of the people. That can easily translate into essentially supervening the will of the majority and getting your own way as a government official. 

• Like (+1) 3

ATTORNEY GENERAL WILLIAM BARR: I’ve received no ‘satisfactory’ answers regarding Trump campaign ‘spying.’

“Like many other people who are familiar with intelligence activities, I had a lot of questions about what was going on. I assumed when I went in, I would get answers, and I got no answers that are satisfactory and, in fact, probably have more questions and some of the facts I’ve learned don’t hang together with the official explanations of what happened,” he said.

When asked to clarify, Mr. Barr said, “That’s all I really will say. Things are just not jiving.”

Oh, there’s plenty of jiving.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

ATTORNEY GENERAL WILLIAM BARR: I’ve received no ‘satisfactory’ answers regarding Trump campaign ‘spying.’

“Like many other people who are familiar with intelligence activities, I had a lot of questions about what was going on. I assumed when I went in, I would get answers, and I got no answers that are satisfactory and, in fact, probably have more questions and some of the facts I’ve learned don’t hang together with the official explanations of what happened,” he said.

When asked to clarify, Mr. Barr said, “That’s all I really will say. Things are just not jiving.”

Oh, there’s plenty of jiving.

Perhaps he needs to appoint Barbara Billingsley as a special investigator.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Bah, you beat me to it!

He beat many people to it, but not to worry, it was low hanging fruit. HAHA Gator is incorrigible. I look forward as his political world comes crashing down around him to the many lies he will be telling to others and himself to justify...…………………………... something.

27 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Thread:

I thought it was an interesting thread, some of which was previously known. I cannot (and never will) get on board with the idea that Mueller is "fair" or "white hat". He's so swampy his pores ooze marsh. The fact that he turned over criminal findings to appropriate OIG to me signals his unwillingness to find himself in a cell. That team he "assembled" was a buncha partisan hacks. The fact that they could not dig up anything on Trump is shocking (and that is an understatement, I expected "findings" to be manufactured). 

• Like (+1) 3