Tony Pauline: 3 Horse Race for #9

10 minutes ago, chef4131 said:

based on comments made by Gil Brandt regarding Ed Oliver's pro day -if the report is accurate-I am re-thinking Oliver picked by Bills  doesn't seem like a player the Bills would want.

It was reported by Gil Brandt that Ed oliver was complaining during his pro day work outs 

McDermott was basically shadowing Oliver during that workout. Just an interesting tidbit to think about whether Brandt is right or wrong. 

1 hour ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

FWIW...

https://bleav.com/podcast/who-will-the-new-york-jets-target/

8:45 mark

Pauline: Bills like Jonah Williams, Andre Dillard and Ed Oliver.

-Like Drew Sample at TE (4th)

Lets go Williams !!! Not elite athlete but elite technique and work ethic. Still prefer Hockenson.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't really see why Williams couldn't hypothetically start from Day 1 at OG.

or RT.

he had one poor game in the championship ( so did the entire line ) and everyone thinks he is a bum. I didn't see him give up any sacks during the season. Once he gets used to the speed of the NFL he will be fine.

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

Not elite but plays a position of need! Yikes.

Aim higher. Find someone elite. Anyone. 

The dude can play, its about football players not athletes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

or RT.

he had one poor game in the championship ( so did the entire line ) and everyone thinks he is a bum. I didn't see him give up any sacks during the season. Once he gets used to the speed of the NFL he will be fine.

The dude can play, its about football players not athletes.

Can he dominate? I have a hard time envisioning him as one of the top 10 LTs in the league. That’s not a guy I’m spending the 9th overall pick on. It’s like the Shaq Lawson debate all over again. He can play but does he have the ability to dominate at the next level? 

Just now, CommonCents said:

Can he dominate? I have a hard time envisioning him as one of the top 10 LTs in the league. That’s not a guy I’m spending the 9th overall pick on. It’s like the Shaq Lawson debate all over again. He can play but does he have the ability to dominate at the next level? 

Yes but not in the physical sense, if a guy doesnt give up a sack and is a excellent run blocker is that not dominant.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Art in RTP said:

Since this mgm group is so tight lipped , I doubt he has actual info, just another opinion.

Exactly! If Rex was in the room there’s a good chance real info gets out. I doubt it with our crew. 

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yes but not in the physical sense, if a guy doesnt give up a sack and is a excellent run blocker is that not dominant.

If he can get double digit sacks with a balky knee and bad shoulder imagine what he will become in a few years.....

Still hasn’t overcome his lack of explosiveness off the snap. 

I see it as the same argument. A limited guy projected way to high because it’s a position teams value.

36 minutes ago, Art in RTP said:

Since this mgm group is so tight lipped , I doubt he has actual info, just another opinion.

We say that, but people knew about Josh Allen and Harrison Phillips last year. Buffalo doesn't appear to be without its leaks.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

If he can get double digit sacks with a balky knee and bad shoulder imagine what he will become in a few years.....

Still hasn’t overcome his lack of explosiveness off the snap. 

I see it as the same argument. A limited guy projected way to high because it’s a position teams value.

Since he is on offense i dont expect him to get any sacks :D

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Exactly! If Rex was in the room there’s a good chance real info gets out. I doubt it with our crew. 

I wouldn't be so sure, reporters like Ben Allbright had Josh Allen as the Bills' likely QB before the draft. I won't presume to know the right choice, but I love the idea of getting a great LT at #9. I agree we need better on the DL, but McD can has proven himself more than able to put together a great defense with whatever players he has available.

Some food for thought: 

Dillard: 

6-5

Hand: 10

Arm: 33 4/8

Wingspan: 80 3/8

40: 4.96

Bench: 24

Vert: 29

Broad: 118

3 cone: 7.44

20: 4.4

Williams: 

6-4 1/2

Hand: 10 1/8

Arms: 33 5/8

Wingspan: 81 6/8

40: 5.10

Bench: 23

Vert: 28

Broad: 100

3 cone: 8.01

20: 4.79

Dawkins: 

6-4

Hand: 9 7/8

Arms: 35

Wingspan: can't find it

40: 5.11

Bench: 26

Vert: 26

Broad: 106

3 cone: 7.30

20: 4.78

My point? Dillard is somehow some super long prospect with crazy athletic ability. It's simply not true. Both Williams and Dawkins have longer arms and wingspans. Dawkins has great length and while he is a bit shorter, he has a ridiculous 3 cone at 7.30. Please can someone explain to me why Williams is a T rex when Dillard is some super long prospect? I don't get it. Dion Dawkins is longer and more refined than either of these guys. Dillard is very likely Jake Fisher, a finesse tackle who simply is not good enough in the run game to be good in the NFL. I don't care how fast his 40 is. His PFF scores are meaningless in his college offense and I for one will be extremely disappointed if we take him. He is a second round pick. He is my Mason Rudolph pick this year, the prospect I hate, who is not worth a top ten pick who should go later than people expect. 

I really do hope this is all false, aside from the Oliver connection. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

57 minutes ago, chef4131 said:

based on comments made by Gil Brandt regarding Ed Oliver's pro day -if the report is accurate-I am re-thinking Oliver picked by Bills  doesn't seem like a player the Bills would want.

It was reported by Gil Brandt that Ed oliver was complaining during his pro day work outs 

Complaining that he was killing every drill?.....