A message to Bill fans

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Envious?

I like sausage.  I'm envious of those, like you, who make their own sausage.  Sausage is good.

Sausage brings people from New York and Wisconsin together.

Sausage is a popular football food.

Bratwurst is very popular in Green Bay.

Bill fan's like bratwurst, too.

Sausage.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I’ve been critical of Ice’s post here in the past. In my line of work I read people and my instincts are rarely wrong. Something about his persona doesn’t sit right with me. I don’t know if it’s because he might not be from Wisconsin at all ( he posted a lot about the Bills game at Green Bay last season until game week. Then, when guys that were making the road trip started reaching out to him, possibly looking to buy him a beer while they were in town, he went silent). 

I’ve also been told that he was on the old BBMB for years with the same schtick. It also appears that he is on many other team’s message boards under various Packer handles with the same, “By gosh by golly, just want to wish you fellas the best of luck” routine.

He may just be the nicest football fan in America, but my spider sense says otherwise. Whatever his motives they just don’t ring true to me.

With that said, it appears that he entertains the majority here and I can appreciate that my viewpoint is in the minority, so I will simply refrain from clicking on his posts and wish him and his Packers well.

I appreciate your instincts, ChevyVan, but a number of folks (and somewhat implied, you among them) seem to find it a problem or sign of something wrong if a fan of one team is on multiple opposing-team message boards as a fan of that team.

As far as I know, that is not and shouldn't be taken as a problem per se.  If they're there to troll and provoke and otherwise behave in a way that's against site rules, sure (and we have Bills fans here who boast about and take pride in trolling on other teams message boards), but if they're behaving within the site standards and open about their team affiliation, I don't understand why it's held up as though it's some kind of problem.

I am willing to be put straight about what the problem is supposed to be.  I see it as a sign of "too much time on their hands" but that arguably applies to many here.

12 hours ago, fansince88 said:

@BuffaloBill Feel free to dole out points. here is the post he was speaking of. 

I see no post and I'm not clear who "he" is

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I appreciate your instincts, ChevyVan, but a number of folks (and somewhat implied, you among them) seem to find it a problem or sign of something wrong if a fan of one team is on multiple opposing-team message boards as a fan of that team.

As far as I know, that is not and shouldn't be taken as a problem per se.  If they're there to troll and provoke and otherwise behave in a way that's against site rules, sure (and we have Bills fans here who boast about and take pride in trolling on other teams message boards), but if they're behaving within the site standards and open about their team affiliation, I don't understand why it's held up as though it's some kind of problem.

Do you seriously think this is a Packers fan from Green Bay?  Does anyone?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Do you seriously think this is a Packers fan from Green Bay?  Does anyone?

I have opinions on all sorts of things posts and posters.  My point is, if someone behaves within the site TOS, why does it matter?

I didn't think Sky Diver was actually an Alabama fan (and I have an opinion about who Sky Diver actually was), but the real problem wasn't whether or not s/he was really an Alabama fan, the problem was his or her (very well done) trolling and incessant crusading.

We have a number of people here who have sock puppet accounts.  As long as they behave themselves, it's not a problem.  If they don't behave themselves, it's the behavior that's the problem, not the fact that they're sock puppets per se.

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t trust sausage from New Jersey. Too many people I know are missing.

I agree with ChevyVanMiller -which is rare. The only opponent fan I TRUST is Jimmy Spags.

...can't really beat the Hoffa brand with peppers and onions......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I didn't think Sky Diver was actually an Alabama fan (and I have an opinion about who Sky Diver actually was), but the real problem wasn't whether or not s/he was really an Alabama fan, the problem was his or her (very well done) trolling and crusading.

What's humorous about Sky Diver was that he/she/it was actually RIGHT on Bob Foster.

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

What's humorous about Sky Diver was that he/she/it was actually RIGHT on Bob Foster.

:lol:

Even a busted clock....

Wasn't right about Foster in preseason/early season with some of his drops and quitting on routes, but Foster did look promising towards the end of the year.

Will he continue to take a step or backslide?  Will the new WR coach make him or mar him?  Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have opinions on all sorts of things posts and posters.  My point is, if someone behaves within the site TOS, why does it matter?

I didn't think Sky Diver was actually an Alabama fan (and I have an opinion about who Sky Diver actually was), but the real problem wasn't whether or not s/he was really an Alabama fan, the problem was his or her (very well done) trolling and incessant crusading.

We have a number of people here who have sock puppet accounts.  As long as they behave themselves, it's not a problem.  If they don't behave themselves, it's the behavior that's the problem, not the fact that they're sock puppets per se.

I could not agree more.  I'd just hate to see anyone have "points doled out," due to something being said in a clear troll thread - if they're also behaving within the site TOS.

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I have heard stories about your love of all types/sizes of sausage. Do you have a personal favorite?

I like chorizo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/12/2019 at 11:48 AM, teef said:

This thread has a little bit of everything. 

And a whole lot of nothing.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well said, Hap. There are far too many 'Bills fans' on the board who do nothing but try to troll other Bills fans, IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t think it’s an issue of mattering. I think there’s something up with the guy but it’s not like I can’t sleep at night over it. 

Its a message board during the off-season, what’s left to say? During the football season we discuss the most interesting/entertaining topics of the day/week. 

Unfortunately Icebowls schtick may have been the most interesting thing going on that day. 

More of a killing time issue than a visiting message boarder. I didn’t call him names or anything.  If it’s against the rules let me know. I’ll stop. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

At least I'm gung home and argumentative on one account and one account only ?

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I don’t think it’s an issue of mattering. I think there’s something up with the guy but it’s not like I can’t sleep at night over it. 

Its a message board during the off-season, what’s left to say? During the football season we discuss the most interesting/entertaining topics of the day/week. 

Unfortunately Icebowls schtick may have been the most interesting thing going on that day. 

More of a killing time issue than a visiting message boarder. I didn’t call him names or anything.  If it’s against the rules let me know. I’ll stop.

You're good.  As the posting guidelines say " Be conscious that posts in a quiet week in March (or April, 1+ week before draft) may be inappropriate during training camp "

• Haha (+1) 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:26 PM, Ice bowl 67 said:

I've lost interest in football lately since GB stinks and the Pats win it all every year. After awhile it's just rigged and not even fun to watch

Congrats Ice, you are now officially........................................

one-of-us.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1