BillfromNYC takes control of Bills, signs 6 OL

New York

A day before the start of the "legal tampering" period, Brandon Beane received an unexpected text. "You are temporarily removed from control over the Buffalo Bills." Beane did some digging. The text was not a hoax. McDermott had received an identical message. "It's not just about the loss of control," Beane explained. "It's about implementing a specific plan. I know nothing about this 'BillfromNYC.' How do I know he's willing to do what it will take to keep Josh Allen upright?"

Beane need not have worried. BillfromNYC hit the ground running, signing six offensive linemen. "And there's room for more!" Bill shouted, while slamming his fist down onto the table. Bill also signed a defensive back. "Contrary to popular belief, I never said the defensive secondary was irrelevant," BillfromNYC explained, "I said its importance was secondary. The offensive line is six times as important. Signing one defensive back for every six offensive linemen seemed about right."

Critics have accused BillfromNYC of being obsessed about the offensive line. He doesn't seem bothered. "They think I'm obsessed now? he asked, seeming a little incredulous. "Those critics have no idea what actual obsession looks like. But, if I'm still in control of this team during the draft, I'll be happy to show them!" he chuckled.  

Most Bills fans are supportive of the move. One Bills fan had the following to say, "Our offensive line was a complete joke last year. I want to see what Josh Allen can do, when given a clean pocket from which to work. Kudos to BillfromNYC for giving him that."

Such praise makes BillfromNYC uncomfortable. "I have a lot more work to do on the offensive line, before I'll consider the result remotely close to satisfactory," he said. "I've gotten things started, but that's all I've done!"

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KurtGodel77 said:

New York

A day before the start of the "legal tampering" period, Brandon Beane received an unexpected text. "You are temporarily removed from control over the Buffalo Bills." Beane did some digging. The text was not a hoax. McDermott had received an identical message. "It's not just about the loss of control," Beane explained. "It's about implementing a specific plan. I know nothing about this 'BillfromNYC.' How do I know he's willing to do what it will take to keep Josh Allen upright?"

Beane need not have worried. BillfromNYC hit the ground running, signing six offensive linemen. "And there's room for more!" Bill shouted, while slamming his fist down onto the table. Bill also signed a defensive back. "Contrary to popular belief, I never said the defensive secondary was irrelevant," BillfromNYC explained, "I said its importance was secondary. The offensive line is six times as important. Signing one defensive back for every six offensive linemen seemed about right."

Critics have accused BillfromNYC of being obsessed about the offensive line. He doesn't seem bothered. "They think I'm obsessed now? he asked, seeming a little incredulous. "Those critics have no idea what actual obsession looks like. But, if I'm still in control of this team during the draft, I'll be happy to show them!" he chuckled.  

Most Bills fans are supportive of the move. One Bills fan had the following to say, "Our offensive line was a complete joke last year. I want to see what Josh Allen can do, when given a clean pocket from which to work. Kudos to BillfromNYC for giving him that."

Such praise makes BillfromNYC uncomfortable. "I have a lot more work to do on the offensive line, before I'll consider the result remotely close to satisfactory," he said. "I've gotten things started, but that's all I've done!"

Wait until we/Bill see that Beane signed 6 OL just so he can pick a CB at #9!

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, KurtGodel77 said:

New York

Just because marijuana may be legal where you live doesn’t necessarily mean that you should indulge.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Thanks for the good laugh this morning!

Yes this is an inside joke for the board members who've been around.  Long time poster BillfromNYC  LOATHES high defensive back draft picks.  He went apoplectic when we drafted Whitner over Ngata.  Which, to be fair, he was right on.  But we've also drafted some very good secondary players such as Tre, Byrd, and Gilmore. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

In other news, Ice Bowl said Rogers isn't a jerk.

Rodgers and McCarthy are both upstanding men who just couldn't see eye to eye. Everyone is really an outstanding human being. Go Bills. Go Pack!

On a serious note, I'm glad we upgraded the offensive personnel, but I don't get the joke here and perhaps it's better that way.

Edited by LSHMEAB

4 hours ago, KurtGodel77 said:

New York

I am humbled by all of this publicity.

17 minutes ago, Mark Long Beach said:

Thanks for the good laugh this morning!

Yes this is an inside joke for the board members who've been around.  Long time poster BillfromNYC  LOATHES high defensive back draft picks.  He went apoplectic when we drafted Whitner over Ngata.  Which, to be fair, he was right on.  But we've also drafted some very good secondary players such as Tre, Byrd, and Gilmore. 

Oh they were good, but our won/loss record was not. We were a revolving door for 1st round DBs as far back as Clements (who was also very good), or even T.Smith.

Now we have a quarterback, added blockers, and yes, hopefully we will add some more. :) :) :) 

• Like (+1) 5