Dare I say, Bills might be the pick for Hard Knocks this year

D521646

44 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Disagreement noted as respectful, haha :thumbsup: But I mean, we have 13 seasons of Hard Knocks under the belt to reference and it doesnt seem like there have been any big deals or changed behaviors. It always feels like us commoners make it a bigger deal than it really is.

That’s just the thing, there is absolutely NO WAY to know that. It is human nature to be aware there is a camera on you. This will affect some people to some degree. 

I know that’s unpopular with some, but I don’t want by team distracted in any way, and I don’t want their blemishes exposed more than any other teams. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

I get all of the access to my team I need through the various media outlets (traditional and social).  I don't need to see what HBO editors believe are "juicy" storylines, taken out of context in an effort to manufacture drama.  No thank you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, skibum said:

Can't wait to see the Pats there in a couple of years. 

I'm with you based on wanting them to drop out of the playoffs hopefully sooner than later; however, if I don't catch any extra inside Pats scoops/storylines along the way beyond whatever fawning Pats coverage that is already force-fed to us by the 4-letter network and other outlets, I'm also not sad. Can we have our cake and eat it too on this? 

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That wasnt even close to Hard Knocks. That was pure marketing with zero inside info and completely controlled messaging. It was one big rah-rah commercial.

It was enjoyable to watch but you had to do it knowing the Bills produced it so certain things were made to look better. I still enjoyed it especially seeing the players interact and everything involved with them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think a Gruden will win this battle. 

Depending on how the draft goes, Washington could be total drama central with all the QB controversy... New QB in draft? Rosen? Smith hurt.

Would be best to save the Raiders for next year when they FINALLY move to Vegas and all the crap that surrounds that. 

3 hours ago, stosh64 said:

I wonder if the thought of cameras having free reign over training camp is Belichicks motivation for perennial playoff berths   

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

As others are saying, I think it's all Raiders...the AB drama, Gruden, etc.

And we will pick apart AB’s every little move looking for a bad attitude, make fun of Gruden’s giant ego, etc. Or at least I would. We hear a lot about the circus at other teams camps when they are under the spotlight. That’s why I don’t like the idea for my team (as much as I’d selfishly love an inside glimpse). We get enough grief already for being “Buffalo”. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

I get all of the access to my team I need through the various media outlets (traditional and social).  I don't need to see what HBO editors believe are "juicy" storylines, taken out of context in an effort to manufacture drama.  No thank you.

What's one example of them doing this over the past 5 seasons (or even ever) of Hard Knocks?