AJ Brown... My Goodness ????

Scorp83

Just wanted to share this... I've must have watch 3 Ole Miss games this past season. I still love DK... but I'm starting to see AJ Brown as more then just a slot WR. There also seems to be alot of draft experts that's also thinking he could improve his development on the outside at the next level. 

Right now I think he's taking my #1 spot in the WR category:

1. AJ Brown

2. DK Metcalf

3. N'Keal Harry

4. Hakeem Butler 

5. Miles Boykin/Hollywood Brown 

15 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Just wanted to share this... I've must have watch 3 Ole Miss games this past season. I still love DK... but I'm starting to see AJ Brown as more then just a slot WR. There also seems to be alot of draft experts that's also thinking he could improve his development on the outside at the next level. 

1. AJ Brown

2. DK Metcalf

3. N'Keal Harry

4. Hakeem Butler 

Go back to your first love.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Brown is my top wr as well. He is versatile in that he can play both inside and out. He has been so productive in a conference that plays defense and he just seems like a wr that will hit the ground running at the NFL level. I'd like to see the Bills trade back up into the first (somewhere in the 20's) to get him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

AJ is more than a slot. He can play the slot or the Z.... and at a stretch I think he could play the X (though clearly he is less of an obvious fit there). The pro comparators for me are Randall Cobb and Golden Tate. Very good route runners with good hands, consistency and toughness. Both of those are at their best as good #2s..... though both have, at different times been serviceable as #1s.

My top 3 receivers in this class are absolutely in line with yours. I don't like Butler much at all though.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

AJ is more than a slot. He can play the slot or the Z.... and at a stretch I think he could play the X (though clearly he is less of an obvious fit there). The pro comparators for me are Randall Cobb and Golden Tate. Very good route runners with good hands, consistency and toughness. Both of those are at their best as good #2s..... though both have, at different times been serviceable as #1s.

My top 3 receivers in this class are absolutely in line with yours. I don't like Butler much at all though.

I was thinking Keenan Allen while watching him - thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

1. AJ Brown

2. DK Metcalf

3. N'Keal Harry

4. Hakeem Butler 

AJ Brown is gonna be the best WR out of this draft. Hopefully we get em.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In terms of speed and route running, yes.

Brown weighs in at least 225 and has much more of a solid build physique wise.  No doubt he'll excel at the NFL level and is probably the safest bet amongst all WRs in this draft.

In no particular order I like AJ, Harry and Campbell

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was thinking Keenan Allen while watching him - thoughts? 

I see the thinking but I think he is a little shiftier and a little quicker that Allen. Allen has done some inside, big slot, stuff for the Chargers but that has really been winning with use of body position whereas I think what AJ has more in common with a Tate or a Cobb when used in the slot is the ability to separate with sharp and precise feet at the top of routes and in re-directing. I can see in terms of how he plays on the outside there is some Allen about him.

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Brown weighs in at least 225 and has much more of a solid build physique wise.  No doubt he'll excel at the NFL level and is probably the safest bet amongst all WRs in this draft.

Yea he is a bit taller than both as well but I see a lot of similarities. Agree he is the safest bet in the draft at WR. DK might have a higher ceiling but AJ Brown's floor to me is a solid slot receiver. His upside is a top end #2 / serviceable #1.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

So what you’re saying is...he’s like his cousin. I’ll take that.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

AB.

He isn't totally dissimilar to AB in truth. Nobody could ever have predicted what AB would become. Not sure AJ quite gets to that level.... but there are some similarities.

I thought AB’s cousin was Marquis Brown

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I do think it would be hilarious if the Steelers drafted AJB and gave him # 84

The Steelers met with a lot of receivers at the combine. I reckon they pick one in the 2nd..... whether it is one of the Browns remains to be seen.