Draft Metcalf as a CB

43 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

DK Metcalf is sneaky fast, good footwork, above average vertical leap, has shifty hips and has the ability to go up and get the ball. His agility and knack for finding the ball in a crowd is uncanny.

Please tell me this was a joke?

45 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

DK Metcalf is sneaky fast, good footwork, above average vertical leap, has shifty hips and has the ability to go up and get the ball. His agility and knack for finding the ball in a crowd is uncanny.

With that said, we would be wasting his talents as a WR. In the mold of the Seahawks and now the Jets we need a tall kid at CB and one who isn't afraid to turn, extend and deflect/catch the ball.

There is no reason why a talented kid like Metcalf should be relegated to WR. He can serve a purpose and that position is CB. Trust me...I know.

What's your thoughts on trading up for Bosa and turning him into an OT?

I mean who knows more about blocking an edge rusher than an edge rusher!

Am I doing this right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

What's your thoughts on trading up for Bosa and turning him into an OT?

I mean who knows more about blocking an edge rusher than an edge rusher!

Am I doing this right?

The NFL misused Doug Flutie. The guy was a born kicker.

• Haha (+1) 2

Man I thought I had some dumb posts and then this little gem pops up!

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Comment of the week winner right here ^^^^^^^ 

LMFAO

Dilly dilly

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

With that said, we would be wasting his talents as a WR. In the mold of the Seahawks and now the Jets we need a tall kid at CB and one who isn't afraid to turn, extend and deflect/catch the ball.

There is no reason why a talented kid like Metcalf should be relegated to WR. He can serve a purpose and that position is CB. Trust me...I know.

Were you hangin’ out with 420?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

:w00t:...:worthy: Absolute GENIUS thought! Can't believe nobody else thought of that first!! JK... SERIOUSLY WTF are you on with these thoughts kid!? LMAO!! :thumbdown: :death:

Metcalfe struggles with the 3 cone and the ability to have loose hips and you want him as a DB?  

While we are at it lets convert Vlad Ducasse into a successful WR since he sucks as a lineman 

OP is correct and it takes some balls to project Metcalf as a CB. Scouts and GM’s are gun shy on his three cone numbers but matching him up with the Goodwins, Browns and Tyreek Hills of the league as a cover corner is not a bad idea at all. What all you disciples fail to understand is “versatility” means you place an athlete in the best position to succeed. Laugh all you want but an underperforming speedster WR who is tall and fast is a CB island I’d like to have (or maybe you didn’t notice we acquired an OT who decided to become a TE). 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Three words: Three cone drill.  As a wide receiver with size and deep speed, Metcalf can get away with not having the shiftiest feet in the world.  He can be effective on deep routes by running away from slower CBs, and with his size and strength he can outfight DBs on contested balls.  But it is even more important for CBs to have superior change of direction skills and quickness than for WRs.  A shifty WR will leave DK Metcalf in the dust.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dayman said:

Why doesn't this board have a thumbs down button?

how about an eject button?

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

OP is correct and it takes some balls to project Metcalf as a CB. Scouts and GM’s are gun shy on his three cone numbers but matching him up with the Goodwins, Browns and Tyreek Hills of the league as a cover corner is not a bad idea at all. What all you disciples fail to understand is “versatility” means you place an athlete in the best position to succeed. Laugh all you want but an underperforming speedster WR who is tall and fast is a CB island I’d like to have (or maybe you didn’t notice we acquired an OT who decided to become a TE). 

Not quite the same thing. One guy trying to salvage a career another about to start one as a top ranked WR. Come on.