Draft Metcalf as a CB

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Not wrong...just close minded. 

I don’t think this is a close minded situation when most everyone comes the the same conclusion that this idea is complete nonsense. In the end who really cares it will never  happen.

If I'm going to draft a player who I think would perform at a higher level in another position, I'm going to risk a late round pick, where I hope to get a first round CB talent with a fifth round WR pick.  There is no way that I will gamble a first round pick on a player and move him to another position with the expectation that he will contribute at a very high level during his rookie contract.

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

I don’t think this is a close minded situation when most everyone comes the the same conclusion that this idea is complete nonsense.

Hmmmm... do you think maybe the OP could be included in this everyone, perhaps? And is it anymore nonsensical than the myriad “draft an OL and play him out of position” threads that seem to overpopulate the board?

If I was an NFL player, I'd try and increase my value and also be a punter. I mean pretty much all NFL players are physically freaks, I'm sure after working on form and flexibility they could punt just as well or better than some guys out there. Plus it'd free up a roster spot! 

51 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

If I'm going to draft a player who I think would perform at a higher level in another position, I'm going to risk a late round pick, where I hope to get a first round CB talent with a fifth round WR pick.  There is no way that I will gamble a first round pick on a player and move him to another position with the expectation that he will contribute at a very high level during his rookie contract.

Giving a serious , thought out answer to a ridiculous question will just encourage more people like him. Please don't.

or we could just draft a CB if we really want one.  Sounds crazy, i know.

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Giving a serious , thought out answer to a ridiculous question will just encourage more people like him. Please don't.

or we could just draft a CB if we really want one.  Sounds crazy, i know.

I would like to apologize, with the greatest of sincerity, for contributing to the decay of intelligent thought on this board.  

49 minutes ago, transient said:

Hmmmm... do you think maybe the OP could be included in this everyone, perhaps? And is it anymore nonsensical than the myriad “draft an OL and play him out of position” threads that seem to overpopulate the board?

OP falls in the minority, outlier, other than category 

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

Convert Josh Allan 1.0 to a LB, I mean he can jump and stuff...

That's different though. Josh Allen is a QB with a strong arm. We'd be wasting his talents there. It's not like baseball where you can easily play offense and defense. He might make a good LB, but it's just not worth the risk of injury. 

On 4/10/2019 at 7:41 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

DK Metcalf is sneaky fast, good footwork, above average vertical leap, has shifty hips and has the ability to go up and get the ball. His agility and knack for finding the ball in a crowd is uncanny.

With that said, we would be wasting his talents as a WR. In the mold of the Seahawks and now the Jets we need a tall kid at CB and one who isn't afraid to turn, extend and deflect/catch the ball.

There is no reason why a talented kid like Metcalf should be relegated to WR. He can serve a purpose and that position is CB. Trust me...I know.

Look, I understand it's your mission in life to receive one of my benedictions of "You're an idiot."  

But you're trying too damn hard.  It'll never happen unless you let it happen naturally.  Don't try to force me to call you an idiot with nonsense like the above.

DK Metcalf is sneaky fast, good footwork, above average vertical leap, has shifty hips and has the ability to go up and get the ball. His agility and knack for finding the ball in a crowd is uncanny.

With that said, we would be wasting his talents as a WR. In the mold of the Seahawks and now the Jets we need a tall kid at CB and one who isn't afraid to turn, extend and deflect/catch the ball.

There is no reason why a talented kid like Metcalf should be relegated to WR. He can serve a purpose and that position is CB. Trust me...I know.

haven't you choked on a skittles yet?

now that you’re married & all do you sit in your own basement and giggle when you create gems like this or are you still living with your mother?