Draft Metcalf as a CB

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

DK Metcalf is sneaky fast, good footwork, above average vertical leap, has shifty hips and has the ability to go up and get the ball. His agility and knack for finding the ball in a crowd is uncanny.

With that said, we would be wasting his talents as a WR. In the mold of the Seahawks and now the Jets we need a tall kid at CB and one who isn't afraid to turn, extend and deflect/catch the ball.

There is no reason why a talented kid like Metcalf should be relegated to WR. He can serve a purpose and that position is CB. Trust me...I know.

I love it and support this decision. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Hey, let's move up and draft Josh Allen, then let's have the edge rusher play qb and the qb play de.

Better yet, convert the new Josh Allen to QB and have him battle it out with last year's model of Josh Allen for the starter's job. The loser of the competition then becomes the backup QB. If the starter gets hurt then they never miss a beat because Josh Allen takes over for Josh Allen. Beane does it again!

• Haha (+1) 1

Wow. This is a truly insane idea.

Metcalf is raw as a WR and he's been playing that position a long time. And you think a position switch is the best idea on how to use him, a position that uses a completely different skill set and is on the opposite side of the ball?

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Three words: Three cone drill.  As a wide receiver with size and deep speed, Metcalf can get away with not having the shiftiest feet in the world.  He can be effective on deep routes by running away from slower CBs, and with his size and strength he can outfight DBs on contested balls.  But it is even more important for CBs to have superior change of direction skills and quickness than for WRs.  A shifty WR will leave DK Metcalf in the dust.  

Which is why most CB's are smaller. They are generally more quick and can change direction quickly. Harder for taller, more lanky athletes to do that.

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

OP is correct and it takes some balls to project Metcalf as a CB. Scouts and GM’s are gun shy on his three cone numbers but matching him up with the Goodwins, Browns and Tyreek Hills of the league as a cover corner is not a bad idea at all. What all you disciples fail to understand is “versatility” means you place an athlete in the best position to succeed. Laugh all you want but an underperforming speedster WR who is tall and fast is a CB island I’d like to have (or maybe you didn’t notice we acquired an OT who decided to become a TE). 

So you are saying 99 percent of this board is wrong on their assessment?

Given McDermott’s ability to coach up DBs I don’t think this is such a bad idea. We’re going to need someone to replace Tre when he’s hired to the Sabres coaching staff. Also, converting a 1st rd WR to a CB saves them the criticism of drafting another CB in the first round until training camp starts, which I’m sure has to be a huge consideration for them. 

• Like (+1) 2