My Oh My Maxine

The woman who chairs the House Financial Services Committee has absolutely no idea what she is doing.

"What are you guys  doing to help us with this student loan debt?"

Big bank no. 1.    "We stopped giving student loans in 2007."

Big bank no. 2.   "We stopped giving them in 2009."

Big bank no. 3.  "We stopped giving them in 2010, when the Federal Government took them over."

"Thank you."

I have no idea what I am talking about.

And only in a minute 50 or so.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The woman who chairs the House Financial Services Committee has absolutely no idea what she is doing.

Big bank no. 3.  "We stopped giving them in 2010, when the Federal Government took them over."

"Thank you."

If brains were dynamite the woman couldn't blow her nose, yet she keeps getting re-elected. Tells me all I need to know about putting my faith in the Democratic party to lead this nation.

It's to our detriment that most of the Republicans out there are terrible too. :wallbash:

45 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

If brains were dynamite the woman couldn't blow her nose, yet she keeps getting re-elected. Tells me all I need to know about putting my faith in the Democratic party to lead this nation.

It's to our detriment that most of the Republicans out there are terrible too. :wallbash:

Yes, it really is. It's sad that it took Donald Trump running for the Republican party to finally have a candidate who does what he says he will do. They're all conservatives in the primary, and Democrats after the election.

That's what makes Trump revolutionary. He's reviled within the party, and he gives less than zero damns.

• Like (+1) 2

She is as dumb as she is ugly. She should do something for the people who for

some unknown reason keeps her in office, instead of letting them wallow in the mire

while she spouts her non stop impeachment bile.

Edited by Albwan

I still don't know why more people don't bring up the 1992 Reginald Denny story involving Maxine Waters. She's the biggest racist piece of crap there is.

NEVER FORGET that Maxine Waters embraced Damien Williams, the infamous thug who hurled a chunk of concrete at truck driver Reginald Denny and performed a victory dance over this innocent man’s battered body. Maxine Waters even visited Damien Williams’ mother to offer her support. 

Because of his race, Denny was pulled from his truck and smashed in the head with a cinder block until he sustained brain damage. It was a hate crime if there ever was one.

Williams was sent to prison on a single felony charge of mayhem, but when his accomplices got off, Waters joined in the celebration. Damien Williams was released a few years later and went on to murder somebody else. Also, no surprise, he was a member of the Crips

https://www.independentsentinel.com/never-forget-maxine-waters-embraced-thug-hurled-concrete-reginald-denny/

• Like (+1) 2

How does she keep getting re-elected? Part of her district is LA County where 1 1/2 million were just purged from the voter rolls... Think most of them, from the grave or whatever, voted Democrat?
https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/california-and-los-angeles-county-to-remove-1-5-million-inactive-voters-from-voter-rolls-settle-judicial-watch-federal-lawsuit/

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

"Thank you."

She got exactly what she wanted: the sound byte that says fat-cat Wall Street isn't helping children go to college.

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

"Thank you."

What makes this even more idiotic is that the freakin' lunatic VOTED for the federal takeover of student loans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, sherpa said:

"Thank you."

“Thank you. My time is up.”

Would that that was the truth, Maxine. 

A note to the fine folks like @transplantbillsfan who come to the board occasionally to complain of a right-wing circle jerk: This place would maybe appear less of a circle jerk to you if someone...anyone...from the left could possibly appear in a thread like this and reliably defend Waters.

But you can't. 

Perhaps the problem is less circle-jerk and more a progressive party devoid of any genuine knowledge about what the in the everlovin' eff they're doing.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

https://libertyunyielding.com/2019/04/11/how-brilliant-was-it-to-make-maxine-waters-chair-of-the-house-financial-services-committee/

What on earth were Democrats thinking when they nominated Maxine Waters to chair the House Financial Services Committee after gaining control of the House last November? Did they think that Waters, who in 2009 had exploited her position to bail out a black-owned bank that her husband held stock in, was the right person to investigate financial abuses? Did they think that a loose cannon who in 2018 incited mob violence against members of the Trump administration had the right temperament to preside over a committee? Did they think that a woman who in 2013 claimed that sequestration could cost the nation 170 million jobs was suddenly going to sprout a brain?

Whatever Democrats were thinking, on Wednesday they got a double dose of “Auntie” Maxine, beginning with a morning hearing where she attempted to blame bank executives for the student debt crisis. One by one, she grilled the CEOs, trying to determine, in the memorable words of a previous president, “whose ass to kick.” She began with Bank of America’s Brian Moynihan, whose name she mispronounced as “Monahan.” He explained that his bank had “stopped making student loans in 2007 or so.” Ditto down the line until Jamie Dimon, of JPMorgan Chase, shared with her the embarrassing reality that student loans had been nationalized nearly a decade earlier under former President Barack Obama.

16 hours ago, DC Tom said:

She got exactly what she wanted: the sound byte that says fat-cat Wall Street isn't helping children go to college.

Instead of what's really going on that we've had a huge problem of student loan debt since the government stepped up it's participation in the student loan business.  and the income based loan repayment/forgiveness plan just makes the problem, from the taxpayers standpoint, worse.  

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

https://libertyunyielding.com/2019/04/11/how-brilliant-was-it-to-make-maxine-waters-chair-of-the-house-financial-services-committee/

What on earth were Democrats thinking when they nominated Maxine Waters to chair the House Financial Services Committee after gaining control of the House last November? Did they think that Waters, who in 2009 had exploited her position to bail out a black-owned bank that her husband held stock in, was the right person to investigate financial abuses? Did they think that a loose cannon who in 2018 incited mob violence against members of the Trump administration had the right temperament to preside over a committee? Did they think that a woman who in 2013 claimed that sequestration could cost the nation 170 million jobs was suddenly going to sprout a brain?

Whatever Democrats were thinking, on Wednesday they got a double dose of “Auntie” Maxine, beginning with a morning hearing where she attempted to blame bank executives for the student debt crisis. One by one, she grilled the CEOs, trying to determine, in the memorable words of a previous president, “whose ass to kick.” She began with Bank of America’s Brian Moynihan, whose name she mispronounced as “Monahan.” He explained that his bank had “stopped making student loans in 2007 or so.” Ditto down the line until Jamie Dimon, of JPMorgan Chase, shared with her the embarrassing reality that student loans had been nationalized nearly a decade earlier under former President Barack Obama.

And she chairs the committee that makes decisions on how my industry is and will be regulated.  My retirement can't come soon enough. It's starting to get real ugly for us. 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Instead of what's really going on that we've had a huge problem of student loan debt since the government stepped up it's participation in the student loan business.  and the income based loan repayment/forgiveness plan just makes the problem, from the taxpayers standpoint, worse.  

And she chairs the committee that makes decisions on how my industry is and will be regulated.  My retirement can't come soon enough. It's starting to get real ugly for us. 

Oh, another California quitter, eh?

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Between her and Warren...  :wacko: