Bills sign DE Eli Harold

CNY315

3 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

Well luckily for Harold, a certain rotund orange dude failed in his bid to buy the team. He should be good to go.

You mean your president? And good to go with this fantastic fan base? I wouldn't count on it.

Edited by SmokinES3
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bakin said:

I like this signing a lot. 

high potential. 

...totally confused......another "FA's do not want to come to Bflo" signing?.....as Lombardi said, "what the hell is going on around here?".......has to be Mueller's next investigation...he's available now.....

• Like (+1) 1

There you go.  Dline, and edge rusher just became less of a "need."   Beane fills his needs in free agency. 

BPA coming up, without regard to need.   Might be a dlineman, but if it is, it'll be because the Bills like him better than everyone else.  

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

There you go.  Dline, and edge rusher just became less of a "need."   Beane fills his needs in free agency. 

BPA coming up, without regard to need.   Might be a dlineman, but if it is, it'll be because the Bills like him better than everyone else.  

I wouldn’t quite say that a fringe roster guy on a 1 year deal lessens our needs on the DL. Actually, I wouldn’t say that at all. 

• Like (+1) 6

9 sacks in 61 games of limited action. That's decent production. Definitely a flyer signing, but worth a shot.

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I wouldn’t quite say that a fringe roster guy on a 1 year deal lessens our needs on the DL. Actually, I wouldn’t say that at all. 

For sure. He's a fringe roster guy. I have no problem with the signing, but it has no bearing on our need at DL. 

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jake Fisher and Eli Harold were on my Day 2 wish list for the 2015 draft ... better late than never 

Lol, I wanted Ziggy Ansah and Matt Barkley in the 2013 draft.... here's to hoping my dreams finally come true.

• Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jake Fisher and Eli Harold were on my Day 2 wish list for the 2015 draft ... better late than never 

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Lol, I wanted Ziggy Ansah and Matt Barkley in the 2013 draft.... here's to hoping my dreams finally come true.

It's funny how that stuff works. 

A lot of Bills fans would have LOVED to have Vince Young or Matt Leinart when those guys came out. Sure enough, both of them became Buffalo Bills at one point. To top it off, the other big picks from that draft that we would have killed for at the time were Mario Williams and Reggie Bush. Both of THEM became Bills, too.

And remember the 2013 draft? The one in which we wound up with EJ Manuel? We had lots of really fierce Matt Barkley boosters who badly wanted to see him be the pick. Draft magazines that year were touting him as a 1st round pick. He fell all the way to the FOURTH ROUND. And now? He's a Buffalo Bill.

Weird.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's funny how that stuff works. 

A lot of Bills fans would have LOVED to have Vince Young or Matt Leinart when those guys came out. Sure enough, both of them became Buffalo Bills at one point. To top it off, the other big picks from that draft that we would have killed for at the time were Mario Williams and Reggie Bush. Both of THEM became Bills, too.

And remember the 2013 draft? The one in which we wound up with EJ Manuel? We had lots of really fierce Matt Barkley boosters who badly wanted to see him be the pick. Draft magazines that year were touting him as a 1st round pick. He fell all the way to the FOURTH ROUND. And now? He's a Buffalo Bill.

Weird.

I was enamored of Manny Lawson's athleticism coming out of NC State. He ended up with the Bills at the tail end of an average career. I would say these occurrences serve as a cautionary tale of "be careful what you wish for" when it comes to the draft.

• Like (+1) 2