Is anyone else besides me suffering from Josh Allen Obsessive Disorder?

In the category of overthinking things in what the Brits would call the silly season: Josh Allen's elbow.

There were several examples of "holy crap!" type throws from Allen BEFORE the elbow injury. The preseason absolute bullet into the end zone. A couple air-it-out-60-yards bombs, or roll left, zip the ball right passes. Can someone convince me that the same rocket arm was there AFTER the post-injury comeback? Any clips out there? I mean, nobody's mentioning any lingering effects, but like I said, I'm overthinking things ...

7 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

No, cuz I have a job and I'm also a father...

Also idk if this is comedy or reality...

I'm a father and I have a job.  As I write this, I'm hiding behind a bush at the end of Josh Allen's driveway, waiting for him to take out the trash.  So I don't know what your point is.

#17forEVAH

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Relax your throat and make eye contact.

I'll pass on that but it sounds like this method has been successful for you in the past, so kudos to you, Sir!

7 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

No, cuz I have a job and I'm also a father...

Also idk if this is comedy or reality...

It's hyperbole...and its good.

Last draft, I didn't have a favorite of the four QBs. I was a little down on Rosen because of the rumored attitude, but was not even opposed to him. I just wanted the Bills to get one of the top four, preferably Mayfield, Darnold, or Allen. But Josh Allen and Buffalo was Kismet. First of all, he actually wanted to get drafted by the Bills, but also because of his small town, blue collar mentality. Then there's his leadership (he already has the entire locker room fully behind him, including the older vets). He's humble but also has a bit of cocky confidence and I love his competitive drive to win and be great. The resiliency he showed in both getting to Wyoming (sending out letters to D-1 schools when he wasn't recruited) and then playing at Wyoming is so Buffalo. Plus he played in a lot of bad weather in Wyoming. The football gods finally smiled down on Buffalo. We maybe didn't get the QB we wanted (depending on who you were pulling for), but we got the QB that we needed.

My name is Folz and I have Josh Allen Obsessive Disorder.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

the first non-Kelly QB jersey I’ve ever  purchased, so yeah, kinda a big deal for me. So far I can’t find anything on or off the field to not like about this kid. Class act all around and anyone who makes Kiko look that stupid on an open field run is tops in my book:thumbsup: 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I need to play in a $$ league with you and Idandria. Allen is a very low end QB1/high end QB2.  If 9-10 QB's go off the board before RD5 in your $$$ leagues typically please send me a PM for invite. 

In the span of games he was talking about he was higher than a low QB1 though. Still, I agree with you so far as Allen has to sustain those fantasy numbers for longer than 5 games for me to move him up. Allen had one monster game last year against MIA.

Ive been recently looking at all the KC games from last year and from what I can see so far is while Mahomes was throwing dots he got bailed out so many times by Tyrek Hill and Travis Kelsey I cant even count. Mahomes was sooooo lucky to be able to sit his rookie and just learn how to read defenses, and then working on this timing with his playmakers in that offseason to hit the ground running. 

I will say this as well. If KC was to lose Tyreek Hill that would change their offense so much in my opinion. People dont realize how much he affects not just the passing game but the running game as well because of his pure speed. Safeties cant just cheat down to stop the backside plays which opens up playaction. 

We really need some true playmakers that can put the fear of god into defenses. 

I just want to obnoxiously remind people that most of the board did not like the pick and I was telling everyone he would be good. Conversely, most of the board was fine and supported EJ from the start while I sounded the alarm the moment we drafted him knowing it was a disaster. 

Moral of the story, listen to me on QBs you jokers.

Edited by dayman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

It sucks cuz he ended on such a high note with 5 TD's in his last game. I've been itching to see him back out there.

Oh the alternative of 5 turnovers for a last outing in 2018 would’ve been much more sucky :P. But I hear ya, been jonesing for some new Allen highlight reels!!!

2 hours ago, dayman said:

I just want to obnoxiously remind people that most of the board did not like the pick and I was telling everyone he would be good. Conversely, most of the board was fine and supported EJ from the start while I sounded the alarm the moment we drafted him knowing it was a disaster. 

Moral of the story, listen to me on QBs you jokers.

Will check back in with you then in 20 years after Allen retires and the Bills are looking for their next franchise guy. :D

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Will check back in with you then in 20 years after Allen retires and the Bills are looking for their next franchise guy. :D

will the Bills host a playoff game by 2040?

I purchased a pair of Allen's underpants off ebay last week. Is that normal? 

In all seriousness (really, I didn't buy the underwear, I was outbid) I have watched his highlights numerous times, particularly the second Dolphins game. Part of it is excitement for the new season and part of it is that he's just so fun to watch. Far more fun than Tyrod or Edwards or Losman etc. 

He better be good this season otherwise I'll be highly pissed