Is anyone else besides me suffering from Josh Allen Obsessive Disorder?

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Worked out for Mahomes. Aaron Rodgers sat a couple years and turned out pretty good too. Allen looked better after sitting a few games. I stand by my belief that many rookies would be better off sitting at least half of their first season.

I certainly agree that it worked out for them but the Bills were not in the same position. Nathan Peterman...great guy and turnover machine. 

Allen needed to be inserted and it paid dividends. As he has never has a QB coach, played against top tier talent, etc, last year worked out perfectly for him and us as fans. That includes the injury where he had the chance to process what happened and what will happen.  

I haven't spent nearly as much as time as you... but I love him LOL. A non-sexual man-crush. I almost never use the term "we" when speaking of the Bills, knowing full well I'm no part of the team. But I realize in my fantasy, primitive, fiercely protective man brain, that I'd go to battle to protect him. His youth gives this a weird father/mentor like flavor to my fantasy, but I see him as no kid, but as a man to lead the team to victory. Yeah, we should start a JAA (Josh Allen Anonymous) group...

It's ridiculous ha ha. No doubt, football can ignite a part of our tribal brain and we can have a deep connection.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I’m cautiously optimistic. Love the guy and hoping for continued growth, but seriously now.....I’m waiting to see more. 

ditto

1 hour ago, Idandria said:

You got me thinking now.. 

what is a realistic round to take Allen in for fantasy football? I’m thinking 5th? (First round is crazy, come on now.)

I wanna take him now because it could be a lot of fun. 

He's a QB2 at this point. Anything before rd 9 is honestly silly.

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Check the list of warning signs to see if you too, may be afflicted:

1. Re-watching the same Josh Allen highlights on YouTube more than 5 times a piece

2. Checking any and all sports websites for the latest Josh Allen updates

3. Purchasing Josh Allen-related items such as his rookie card, his replica jerseys (home, away, AND the alternate red one), or a life-size wall decal of Josh Allen for your Man Cave or front window of your house

4. Either getting or already have gotten, a Josh Allen tattoo

5. Planning on drafting Josh Allen in your fantasy league with your first round pick, even if it's first overall

If you can think of any others, please list them below.

Hi my name is Rayray808 and I am a Josh-aholic...

1) Watched them all, and even have favorites that I re-watch.

2) My common google search is "Josh Allen Bills" because the Kentucky guy ruins my searches

3) I have 15 Contenders rookie tickets (including the cracked ice), and at least 200+ rookie patch auto's, 1/1's and other high end cards - I just started collecting again because of him (last pack I bought was in 1998)

4) I have been hinting at a tattoo for months, my wife thinks I am kidding, but I'm actually semi serious

5) He will be my keeper in my 12 man league, you lose the draft pick you got him in, and he was my last pick

NEW ONES:

6) You talk about him to people that aren't even really into football

7) You yell out "JOSH ALLEN" every time you throw a football super far at the beach or park

8.) When people start praising him it's like when someone talks about a musician that you know everything about that they just heard on the radio for the first time... that fake smile and glare you give back

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

ditto

He's a QB2 at this point. Anything before rd 9 is honestly silly.

He was the top fantasy QB in the last 5 WEEKS of the NFL season... depending on how high QB's go in your league he should be in the top 5

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

He was the top fantasy QB in the last 5 WEEKS of the NFL season... depending on how high QB's go in your league he should be in the top 5

I need to play in a $$ league with you and Idandria. Allen is a very low end QB1/high end QB2.  If 9-10 QB's go off the board before RD5 in your $$$ leagues typically please send me a PM for invite. 

Edited by Real McCoy

I am optimistic BUT cautious in that it will be his 2nd season, and many players don't live up to the hype in the 2nd season.  Hopefully by this time next year the caution will have given way to a lot of great memories.

If he does not live up to expectations, that does not mean he's not good and has no potential BUT a lot of it will be what HE believes about himself and his abilities.  Great coaching should even that out.

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

1. Re-watching the same Josh Allen highlights on YouTube more than 5 times a piece

3. Purchasing Josh Allen-related items such as his rookie card, his replica jerseys (home, away, AND the alternate red one), or a life-size wall decal of Josh Allen for your Man Cave or front window of your house

5. Planning on drafting Josh Allen in your fantasy league with your first round pick, even if it's first overall

Definitely  guilty of 1 and 2. I do a daily lookup. I have never done that for any Bills player EVER lol.....

No. I have none of the above symptoms. Josh will usually be good for a highlight reel play or 2 most weeks, but consistency is what wins championships. When I see him consistently throwing accurate passes into tight windows, I'll get excited. Until then, I'll just hope I finally get to see us win a SB before I leave this world. My greatest fear is that he'll be the next Tannehill -- just good enough to hang around too long and not good enough to take us to the dance.

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

You have convinced me.  I will be ordering my Josh jersey this week.  Haven’t bought a jersey in years due to lack of long term option and winning potential.  GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Worked out for Mahomes. Aaron Rodgers sat a couple years and turned out pretty good too. Allen looked better after sitting a few games. I stand by my belief that many rookies would be better off sitting at least half of their first season.

Mahones had an entrenched starter in front of him.  Rodgers gad a guy named Favre.  Allen had Peterman.  

7 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Describes about half the board based on the tone of the threads about him. You’re definitely not alone.

• Haha (+1) 1