Is anyone else besides me suffering from Josh Allen Obsessive Disorder?

Check the list of warning signs to see if you too, may be afflicted:

1. Re-watching the same Josh Allen highlights on YouTube more than 5 times a piece

2. Checking any and all sports websites for the latest Josh Allen updates

3. Purchasing Josh Allen-related items such as his rookie card, his replica jerseys (home, away, AND the alternate red one), or a life-size wall decal of Josh Allen for your Man Cave or front window of your house

4. Either getting or already have gotten, a Josh Allen tattoo

5. Planning on drafting Josh Allen in your fantasy league with your first round pick, even if it's first overall

If you can think of any others, please list them below.

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

No, cuz I have a job and I'm also a father...

Also idk if this is comedy or reality...

In all honesty, it's kind of both: comedic reality.  I'm guilty of the first 3 (not the life-size decal).  Check the couple of links in the OP.

Edited by Peace Frog

My buddy actually got me a Josh Allen jersey for my birthday (a bunch of us went to Buffalo for the weekend after Thanksgiving, which is when my birthday fell).  It's the first jersey I've worn in a very long time.

He's a Jets fan and I'm trying to figure out if I can stomach getting him a Darnold jersey this year for when we all take the trip to NJ. 

17 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

1. Re-watching the same Josh Allen highlights on YouTube more than 5 times a piece

3. Purchasing Josh Allen-related items such as his rookie card, his replica jerseys (home, away, AND the alternate red one), or a life-size wall decal of Josh Allen for your Man Cave or front window of your house

5. Planning on drafting Josh Allen in your fantasy league with your first round pick, even if it's first overall

Well, off your thread title I felt I qualified...after reading your list of what "obsessive" means, well then NOPE.  

Points 1 and 2 - yup, this is me...especially watching footage of last season.  I have also checked for updates on his time with his teammates working out in the offseason and followed all our new and current Bills WR's to see what comes out form them too.  

Point 3 - I will get there...I am a little tight on cash flow until end of May as I just put a bunch of money into my TV Network I am about to launch, but will be buying some new gear for sure. 

Point 4 - This is where you definitely lose me.  Why anyone would get a tattoo of any young player is puzzling to me.  I am as high as anyone on Josh Allens future, but still would be crazy to commit to that in permanent ink on anyones body right now.  I don't know I would ever get another person tattooed on my body that wasn't immediate family

Point 5 - This is a massive NOOOO for me.  I play fantasy football to win and I play for good money...not to support my Bills fanhood.  I watch Bills game to support my fanhood.  I absolutely have Allen in my sights next season in fantasy as I think he could be quite good...but that is irrelevant...he can be drafted much later in the draft with ease.  Taking him in the first round or #1 overall is pointless and a waste of a draft pick and a waste of money.  There are so many QB's in fantasy next year, Allen may not even get drafted in leagues that don't have Bills fans in them.  

He will absolutely be a QB to target week 1 in DFS though as he will be cheap like last year but still likely put up good scores between running and passing.  So he will be good value early in the season in DFS before his scores make his weekly price rise.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Josh Allen bobble head on amazon :)

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Ahhh, yet it seems like only months ago that the board was shouting loudly that "you don't start a rookie QB, you let him learn for a year!!".....

Worked out for Mahomes. Aaron Rodgers sat a couple years and turned out pretty good too. Allen looked better after sitting a few games. I stand by my belief that many rookies would be better off sitting at least half of their first season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

....read that Dr Ruth is taking new patients......should somewhat put you at ease..........

• Haha (+1) 1

Ummm... Well... Hmm..

I'm cautious about Allen. He was my #2 QB behind Mayfield but i leave the door open that i could be wrong. What can I say? I'm not a mind reader or psychic. I've totally fallen on my face and eaten my words before in the worst way. He's a nice guy, but so was EJM and Losman. His arm is historic though as is his freakish athleticism. Can he grow between the ears? I don't know the answer to this. People that can play QB at a high level are rare. It takes an extraordinarily unique skillset to do that. They're flippin' unicorns. Could go either way. 

• Like (+1) 1