Is Kelvin Benjamin's career over?

It was over for KB before it started he came into the NFL thinking he was a superstar because of his rock star status at fsu natl champ winning catch ..he was at best a number 2 ..Panthers offence was consistently better without him . That being said some team will give him a shot..he's super slow for a wr and doesn't get separation if I was him I'd switch to tight end and eat linebackers but ego .

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You can keep saying it. It seems obvious you feel compelled to do so, even if it means hijacking a thread as you attempted to do here.

Doesn't make it true, though. In fact, it's not. Beane's results are mixed, and really pretty decent for how little money he was able to spend.

They signed Jordan Phillips, he's worked out well. They signed Derek Anderson, he worked out well and cheap. Yarbrough, he's worked out well and cheap. They re-signed Kyle Williams, he worked out well.

They signed Lotulelei, he's been expensive and worked out well. He hasn't lived up to some expectations ... there's been outrage, screams from thousands of would-be GMs living in thousands of mom's basements all over America, but he's done what McD wanted, and been part of a cheap #1 ranked defense. Bodine was cheap and without him Groy would have made the O-line look considerably worse than they finally did. Bush was super-cheap and solid. Isaiah McKenzie was a terrific pickup for $555 K for the year.

He traded for EJ Gaines who's far outperformed his salary. He traded for Jordan Matthews who unluckily got injured but has been on rosters since and performed decently. Philly took him right back when they had the chance. He's been signed by SF for next year for a bit more than the Bills paid for him for his injured year.

Yes, there have been some bad ones too. No question, Benjamin didn't work out in any sense. But plenty of deals that are solid for the money or even just plain solid. So your contention here is just nonsense. He's had mixed prop personnel results, but plenty of decent moves. The problem is that he had very little money to spend and picking up a lot of vet min guys is not going to produce a ton of excellent starters. That's what most of Beane's moves have been up till this offseason, due to cap problems. For how much they paid, there were plenty of guys who were solid pickups.

Guess I'll copy this so I don't have to look it up yet again next time. It's clear you're going to keep re-cycling this nonsense no matter how many times it doesn't fly. And no matter how many threads you have to attempt to hijack.

What part of "one reliable every down player" do you not understand?:doh:

1) The fact that you lead with those guys and Derek Anderson was the second one listed...........really?   And Kyle Williams was a Jauron draftee not a Beane acquisition.:lol:

2) No.........Star had by far his worst season last year.    This wouldn't even be debatable outside of this forum.   His production drop was precipitous.  The only argument I've seen to support Star is that the Panthers got worse against the run without him.............but that of course assumes that he wasn't in decline last season.    Which he was.  

3) EJ Gaines left the Buffalo Bills after an injury plagued 2017 where he missed 5 full games plus most of the 2 others he was hurt in.   He was solid but unreliable and they chose Vontae Davis over re-signing him.   Your attempt to put his play with the Bills in the current tense is just weird,    especially when you consider that he missed 10 games last year for the Browns and only started 2.  

On 4/10/2019 at 9:37 PM, Augie said:

Does the annual hot dog eating contest pay anything? He might have a second career there to supplement his retirement. 

He’s even too fat for that.

The skinny guys always win those contests.

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He’s even too fat for that.

The skinny guys always win those contests.

He could eat the skinny guy! You gotta warm up. 

Eliminate the competition! 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know what you could get from his tape & then there is the opinion of the Panthers the only way he could maybe get a gig is with a street level contract laced with incentives because thats the only way he puts out what he did when he came out of college it must be in there it's just getting him to work like that again .

Good luck KB !! I think your gonna need it !! 

There's always the CFL !! 

On 4/10/2019 at 1:04 PM, The Bills Blog said:

It appears we may have seen the last of the Kelvinator. He remains unsigned, and it's hard to envision a team finding a role for a slow, lazy ex-star with suddenly brick-like hands.

At one point, he was referred to as the top WR in this free agency class.

It's one of the more sudden non-injury-related falls from grace I've seen for a first-round pick in recent years, especially one who was a borderline household name at one point.

It says a lot when Josh Allen’s “#1 WR” was a veteran who other teams aren’t interested in signing through April.

• Like (+1) 1