Is Kelvin Benjamin's career over?

3 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

No one is saying that he's omniscient.  Good GMs take smart calculated risks, especially when your team has a glaring need. At the time he was signed he was suppose to be a number 1 receiver, the fact that he wasn't hasn't set the team back at all.  Next you'll be criticizing him for every third round pick that didn't pan out?

They were with him in Carolina when he showed up looking like an o linemen. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

They were with him in Carolina when he showed up looking like an o linemen. 

General consensus was that it was a great pickup at the time. Even if it wasn't how bad of a trade was it?  At the time we had a serious issue at WR and a starting QB (Peterman) who would have excelled with accurate balls to a big target.  What would a fair price be?  Are you saying Beene shouldn't have been looking?  If people are seriously criticizing this trade it can only be because it happened to not work out or they have some ax to grind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Steve Billieve said:

General consensus was that it was a great pickup at the time. Even if it wasn't how bad of a trade was it?  At the time we had a serious issue at WR and a starting QB (Peterman) who would have excelled with accurate balls to a big target.  What would a fair price be?  Are you saying Beene shouldn't have been looking?  If people are seriously criticizing this trade it can only be because it happened to not work out or they have some ax to grind.

In Carolina, he was fat, had bad knees and was already slow, and Cam Newton won the MVP and went to the SB without him, and their receivers sucked and they were in playoff hunt and still didn’t want him.  

Its ok to admit it was a terrible trade, especially when you were with the guy before. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

In Carolina, he was fat, had bad knees and was already slow, and Cam Newton won the MVP and went to the SB without him, and their receivers sucked and they were in playoff hunt and still didn’t want him.  

Its ok to admit it was a terrible trade, especially when you were with the guy before. 

I'm sure if I look back you'll be on record with that opinion at the time.

3 hours ago, Estro said:

Overweight, slow, not quick, doesnt fight for the ball, and appears to have no desire to be out on a football field when he plays.

I dont remember disliking a player on the Bills quite like I loathed Benjamin.  For all the credit Beane gets around here, he deserves a ton of blame for blowing a 3rd rounder on that guy.  

"A ton of blame" is a bit much. Benjamin does have the talent to play at a high level in the NFL, he just lacks the desire. His attitude declined over time here in Buffalo as people started to point his lack of effort. Personally I'm not going to heap a ton of blame on our GM for bringing in a guy that didn't work out (in every sense, the dude just ate ? )

Beane was just doing his job trying to make the team better. You swing for the ball and sometimes you hit and sometimes you miss but you keep swinging. I like the fact that Beane's always trying to make this team better. KB's catch in the snow game shows the potential that sadly will never be realized. Hopefully he gets that chip off his shoulder and realizes that he's the problem and not Cam or whomever else he's blaming. 

image.thumb.png.9d371680c27f8e8bc309f948af6956b6.png

Edited by ProcessAccepted
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

IMO, it was over sometime before KB came to Buffalo.  We just extended it.

I have to agree.  It appears that he was first slowed by injury and then lost his competitive will to play.  He sucked here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

I have to agree.  It appears that he was first slowed by injury and then lost his competitive will to play.  He sucked here.

Which is why we got him for a third.  Things could have gone differently, they didn't. 

There was a point in KBs career he probably could have brought in two firsts or at least a 1st and 2nd.

43 minutes ago, Estro said:

Overweight, slow, not quick, doesnt fight for the ball, and appears to have no desire to be out on a football field when he plays.

I dont remember disliking a player on the Bills quite like I loathed Benjamin.  For all the credit Beane gets around here, he deserves a ton of blame for blowing a 3rd rounder on that guy.  

I'm sure Beane is not real thrilled with that signing. 

Yep I think so. I said I thought it was when we released him. Those 5 or 6 games with KC were a stay of execution. 

What is interesting is some of the people pilling on him in this thread now were the ones attacking those of us who were saying last summer "this guy is done." I remember one particular thread which asked who wad the best receiver in the AFCE where I took an enormous amount of flack for saying it was Robby Anderson when the homers were arguing for Benjamin. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

Which is why we got him for a third.  Things could have gone differently, they didn't. 

There was a point in KBs career he probably could have brought in two firsts or at least a 1st and 2nd.

Uuhhh,  2 firsts of what? No way you mean draft picks...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

Should make the move to TE, honestly

He isn't going to cut it at WR anymore

Good TE's fight for the ball.

13 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

We should remember that there's a good chance we would still be droughting without KB. Do we beat the Colts without him?

Other than that, his only good moment was in his Carolina revenge game... in the preseason.

So in that one sense, he is a lot like Peterman?

OTOH, at least Nathan always TRIED when he was on the field.

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jeetz1231 said:

That one above average season and his first round draft status will get him signed somewhere for the next couple years, and he's still relatively young.

Perhaps, but last year’s tape is just not kind to him. Never saw a receiver stop running so many routes over the course of a season. That is just unacceptable on every level. 

• Like (+1) 3