Is Kelvin Benjamin's career over?

It appears we may have seen the last of the Kelvinator. He remains unsigned, and it's hard to envision a team finding a role for a slow, lazy ex-star with suddenly brick-like hands.

At one point, he was referred to as the top WR in this free agency class.

It's one of the more sudden non-injury-related falls from grace I've seen for a first-round pick in recent years, especially one who was a borderline household name at one point.

Edited by The Bills Blog

1 minute ago, The Bills Blog said:

It appears we may have seen the last of the Kelvinator. He remains unsigned, and it's hard to envision a team finding a role for a slow, lazy ex-star with suddenly soft hands.

At one point, he was referred to as the top WR in this free agency class.

It's one of the more sudden non-injury-related falls from grace I've seen for a first-round pick in recent years, especially one who was a borderline household name at one point.

Saying he was a star at any point in his career is completely wrong. He was a borderline #1 WR for a few years.Thats it. He's done

Overweight, slow, not quick, doesnt fight for the ball, and appears to have no desire to be out on a football field when he plays.

I dont remember disliking a player on the Bills quite like I loathed Benjamin.  For all the credit Beane gets around here, he deserves a ton of blame for blowing a 3rd rounder on that guy.  

• Like (+1) 11

5 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Should make the move to TE, honestly

He isn't going to cut it at WR anymore

that's just based on size... TEs have to work pretty hard in the blocking game.  I don't think he has the desire in him to make that change.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think his knee issues are impacting his game much more than being lazy. Watch how he breaks out of curl routes, he has to take 4 or 5 real tentative steps consistently to turn around with a super wide base. Looks like a washed beer league player, and no way that's an effort thing, not entirely at least, he has no explosion in his legs left.

It's actually really sad and unfortunate, and hopefully he can keep out of the same mind traps that ended up overtaking Hardy.

• Like (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Soft hands? Those things are like bricks!

2 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

You're right! Wrong term. My bad.

No worries.  You just confused his attitude with his hands.

• Haha (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, Estro said:

Overweight, slow, not quick, doesnt fight for the ball, and appears to have no desire to be out on a football field when he plays.

I dont remember disliking a player on the Bills quite like I loathed Benjamin.  For all the credit Beane gets around here, he deserves a ton of blame for blowing a 3rd rounder on that guy.  

No one is saying that he's omniscient.  Good GMs take smart calculated risks, especially when your team has a glaring need. At the time he was signed he was suppose to be a number 1 receiver, the fact that he wasn't hasn't set the team back at all.  Next you'll be criticizing him for every third round pick that didn't pan out?