What are your bold draft day predictions?

Logic

28 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

this actually would not surprise me if the others are all scooped up by 9. i think he will be as good as q. williams in a year or 2.

Chris Simms has Lawrence ranked ahead of Oliver and just a hair behind Q Williams.  Says he is extremely disruptive and is not just a space-eater.  Dude weighs 340.

Edited by mannc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

this actually would not surprise me if the others are all scooped up by 9. i think he will be as good as q. williams in a year or 2.

or less

5 hours ago, mannc said:

Chris Simms has Lawrence ranked ahead of Oliver and just a hair behind Q Williams.  Says he is extremely disruptive and is not just a space-eater.  Dude weighs 340.

Thank you !

7 hours ago, mannc said:

they can coach up hand usage and rush moves. i think it's more of a frame of mind with the player and how he was used/ coached. also, who was on the same line.

he was probably expected to eat up blockers where maybe he has the talent to get after the qb as well.  if i were coaching him, i'd ask him ....do you wanna be a monster?

do you wanna set records and get sacks? do you wanna be the best and show everyone that you're better than q. williams? i saw the simms breakdown. i love his podcasts and thanks to whoever originally posted that link because i've watched hours of them.  his edge breakdown is great as well.

Edited by billsredneck1

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

they can coach up hand usage and rush moves. i think it's more of a frame of mind with the player and how he was used/ coached. also, who was on the same line.

he was probably expected to eat up blockers where maybe he has the talent to get after the qb as well.  if i were coaching him, i'd ask him ....do you wanna be a monster?

do you wanna set records and get sacks? do you wanna be the best and show everyone that you're better than q. williams? i saw the simms breakdown. i love his podcasts and thanks to whoever originally posted that link because i've watched hours of them his edge breakdown is great as well.

Yeah, Simms’s edge breakdown was really good.  He doesn’t like Josh Allen nearly as much as some.  Likes Gary and Sweat better.

9 hours ago, the skycap said:

The Bills will trade back with Atlanta. Atlanta takes Ed Oliver

with the caveat that we get grady jarrett then pick sweat at 14.  with our 3rd, rd. pick we can get ximines. rock solid dline for years to come. next year we can shed starr and we're gonna lose lorax...maybe save some money on murphy as well.

Just now, mannc said:

Yeah, Simms’s edge breakdown was really good.  He doesn’t like Josh Allen nearly as much as some.  Likes Gary and Sweat better.

I like Simm's analysis as well.  His "disruptive" vs "productive" variable. We all understand how inflated sacks and other stats can be. We need players like that. 

7 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I like Simm's analysis as well.  His "disruptive" vs "productive" variable. We all understand how inflated sacks and other stats can be. We need players like that. 

Hughes is a great example.  He was as disruptive as anyone in the league last year but didn’t register a ton of sacks.

Edited by mannc

Just now, mannc said:

Hughes is a great example.  He was disruptive as anyone in the league last year but didn’t register a ton of sacks. 

Yes. I feel that Hughes is still excellent. However, I believe that it is time to move on from Murphy and perhaps Lawson. How long can we wait for players to develop and "realize" their potential. This is an excellent draft for defensive players and now is the time to address DT, Edge and LB. The Bills need healthy and disruptive players that are consistently contributing. 

My bold prediction is that these will be our first four picks:

9       Brian Burns, EDGE  Florida State

40     Dexter Lawrence, IDL  Clemson

74     Kelvin Harmon, WR  NC State

112   Darrell Henderson, RB  Memphis

On 4/17/2019 at 9:14 PM, BillsVet said:

Buffalo will offer the NFL their 3rd round pick for a late season primetime game.  

Buffalo will offer their 2nd round pick to GET OUT OF their Thanksgiving primetime game.