We finally have a RB visiting OBD pre-draft: Mr. Miles Sanders, Penn State (update: Darrell Henderson too)

5 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Miles Sanders is the RB I want most out of this draft. He is not Saquon but that is ok. He is plenty good enough. He saved himself a lot of “miles” by being behind Saquon and he will be a beast in the NFL. Imagine having him behind two hall of famers for a year!

Omg, we have a whorlnut sighting....how ya been?

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s horrible! A complete slug. Sorry mrags. He got progressively worse his whole career and off-field stuff too. Peaked as a freshman. 

I’ll take my chances with him 

8 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Dont know anything about him- any good? 

Edit- found this- reminds me of a more powerful Shady

See I'm from Philly... when I tell you...he's a poor Man's Saquan... I'm not just talkin ish! Dude is a beast! He would have broken every record at PSU if it wasn't for Saquan. He's literally the best RB in this draft. 

If we can trade back with the Redskins...

Get 15 & draft AJ Brown

2nd Rd get Irv Smith Jr.

Gain an extra 3rd & get Miles Sanders

& the best OL on the board with the other 3rd rd pick... this draft would be an A+++

????

18 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

See I'm from Philly... when I tell you...he's a poor Man's Saquan... I'm not just talkin ish! Dude is a beast! He would have broken every record at PSU if it wasn't for Saquan. He's literally the best RB in this draft. 

Get 15 & draft AJ Brown

2nd Rd get Irv Smith Jr.

& the best OL on the board with the other 3rd rd pick... this draft would be an A+++

????

I am all for that! 

18 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Get 15 & draft AJ Brown

2nd Rd get Irv Smith Jr.

????

The only issue I see with that scenario is almost entirely Offense in the first 3 rounds and the teeth of this Draft in the early rounds is Defense. So, in your example if 15 were a LB or DT, and the other 3rd is the one not selected in the 1st I’m good with that. Because LB / DT is a sneaky need for the Bills, IMO. And a good WR can be had in the 4th; Offenses no longer rely on a traditional #1 WR and given the Bills’ WR additions, I don’t see the Draft being a priority for them in that area.

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think it is not a lot of tread off the tires.  Not a lot of tread on the tires implies that the tires are worn out.

We established this morning that I’m an idiot. But thanks for the reminder for the PM crowd. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

The only issue I see with that scenario is almost entirely Offense in the first 3 rounds and the teeth of this Draft in the early rounds is Defense. So, in your example if 15 were a LB or DT, and the other 3rd is the one not selected in the 1st I’m good with that. Because LB / DT is a sneaky need for the Bills, IMO. And a good WR can be had in the 4th; Offenses no longer rely on a traditional #1 WR and given the Bills’ WR additions, I don’t see the Draft being a priority for them in that area.

What is your biggest investment on this team right now??

Josh Allen correct???

Our weapons were beyond disgusting last year!!! So disgusting...it will allow most to think Beasley & John Brown will actually scare top tier defenses. I'm sorry...its an upgrade from last year...but last year weapons was so awfully eye burning, these upgrades Only tell us how behind we were. Brown & Beasley doesn't scare anyone. Their solid options but only if you have someone for defenses to put more focus on.

AJ Brown is in a different stratosphere then what you can get in the 3rd or 4th rd of this draft. Josh Allen...is our main concern. His weapons NEED to be on point this year or else... we're not serious about winning & wasting his development. 

You can get a DL in the 3rd or 4th Rd that will be able to contribute still...that position is that deep! I'd rather them take a AJ Brown, a Irv Smith & a Miles Sanders because all 3 has SUPERSTAR potential & will grow with our biggest investment on our team...& literally make our team extremely better by 2020. 

Edited by Scorp83
Typo

9 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

What is your biggest investment on this team right now??

Josh Allen correct???

Our weapons were beyond disgusting last year!!! So disgusting...it will allow most to think Beasley & John Brown will actually scare top tier defenses. I'm sorry...its an upgrade from last year...but last year weapons was so awfully eye burning, these upgrades Only tell us how behind we were. Brown & Beasley doesn't scare anyone. Their solid options but only if you have someone for defenses to put more focus on.

AJ Brown is in a different stratosphere then what you can get in the 3rd or 4th rd of this draft. Josh Allen...is our main concern. His weapons NEED to be on point this year or else... we're not serious about winning & wasting his development. 

You can get a DL in the 3rd or 4th Rd that will be able to contribute still...that position is that deep! I'd rather them take a AJ Brown, a Irv Smith & a Miles Sanders because all 3 has SUPERSTAR potential & will grow with our biggest investment on our team...& literally make our team extremely better by 2020. 

First, there needs to be a qualification of which WRs were "disgusting". For example, Foster was a part of PFF's Elite ranking and Zay Jones' second half of the year when Josh started to put it together was respectable. 

Zay Jones' Numbers in the second half of the season: Rec: 31 (of 56 total) Yards: 371 (of 652 total or 57%) TDs: 6 (of 7 total)

Now, none of these numbers are incredible or great, but he came on when Josh Allen did (big surprise) and those second half numbers include a Jax game where he was targeted 1 time with 0 receptions. And that was a game-plan vs. Defense thing for the most part so putting those numbers in context shows improvement while Josh was improving. That means, it wasn't just "him" as a WR it was the whole Offense. Meaning, before you lump Foster and Z. Jones in with Kelvin-I'd rather be eating - Benjamin and the others who were NOT good, there should be some examination of information and what most of us saw with our eyes even without stats: the second half of the year showed a much different Offense as a whole and a significantly improved Josh Allen especially in the final 4 games. 

This should be encouraging to you and I hope it is...furthermore, when you add in Brown and Beasely and who knows what they get in the Duke kid from the CFL, putting a 1st round stake in a WR to me, is unwise. WRs in today's NFL do not carry the value above replacement level worthy of a 1st round pick. 

Segue into the second point about "what you can get in the 3rd or 4th round of this draft", you might want to re-think that. From Antonio Brown being a 6th round pick to Doug Baldwin being a 5th round pick, to our very own UDFA Robert Foster, a 1st round WR does not a star make. In fact, I could (and would) argue that investing in the Offensive line the way the Bills have thus far, and maybe Drafting a RT of the future would do more for the passing game than adding any WR prior to the 3rd round. I know we're probably going to disagree, so I won't belabor the point but I felt like this was all worth saying. Go Bills!