We finally have a RB visiting OBD pre-draft: Mr. Miles Sanders, Penn State (update: Darrell Henderson too)

39 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sanders is one of the few RBs on my short list, and he is among the top of my list though.  I would honestly not be upset if we took him at 40, although I do not expect us to do that based on who else will likely be on the board, and the fact I think 40 is a pick we most likely trade UP from to land another coveted player.    

My thoughts on what may transpire this draft:  I think we likely stay put at 9, then could do one or multiple trade ups with our picks in rounds 2, 3, 4, and 5.  For example, I can easily see us (and kind of expect us to) trade up from #40 to get someone like Fant, Harry, Simmons, etc (obviously depending on who we took at 9 too).  I could then see Beane trade up a 2nd time to either get back into the 2nd, or move up in the 3rd to land another coveted player like maybe Sanders.  

We have 7 picks in first 5 rounds, I have a feeling we will end up selecting just 4 players in that range with Beane doing some maneuvering.  I can easily see those players being in no particular order a DT, WR, TE, RB.  OL could also factor in if there is a guy they covet at the right spot, but I am not sold they invest early on OL with so many FA signings.  I think we have enough to enter the season confident in a significant improvement.  Any weakness that remains throughout the seasons can be plugged next offseason. 

Give me a trade back from 9 to the teens and get Wilkins. Then get me a trade up back into the 1st to get Fant. And I’m, a pig in....

love what hat that would look like. 

Then lobe the the thought of trading back into the 2nd and then back into the 3rd. Get me Ferguson or Tillery in the 2nd and then Sanders in the 3rd. If that cannot happen, get L.J. Scott in the 4th. 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

He’s projected between the 4th and 6th rounds. Personally I’d pass on a RB until round 4 and take this kid. I can’t get enough of watching his highlights. I really think this kid is going to be good. Assuming he’s in the right situation. 

Heres another monster that I want. He’s a 7th round guy or possibly Undrafted.

One thing is for sure, we have to get younger at RB. 

5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

One thing is for sure, we have to get younger at RB. 

Yup. That’s why I’d take these 2 kids. Would look pretty good going forward. 

Patrick has a chip on his shoulder too after not being invited to the combine 

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Last time a touted RB named Sanders was drafted he became an all time great HOFer.

He also sat behind another NFL great before he had his chance to shine.

Coincidence? I think not......

Was last years Penn St RB named Thomas? I must have missed that 

Listen, my dream first 3 picks for the Bills in this draft are:

1) DK Metcalf: big bodied, deep threat, contested ball type wideout

2) Jeffery Simmons: dominant interior lineman. 

3) Miles Sanders: home run hitting RB. Shady like. Tutelage from Gore/Shady

Metcalf and Sanders can be impact players to pair with Allen. Simmons when healthy was top 5 player in college.

3 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

OK.  I copied and pasted from PFF.  I like Montgomery a lot based on his style of running.  Balance through contact and he makes it hurt to tackle him.  He is a chains mover and that's what I want the running game to be.   Sanders shows similar traits although there is a fumbling problem mentioned.  This is the first site I've seen to have these guys 2/3.

2. RB DAVID MONTGOMERY, IOWA STATE

Montgomery broke the PFF record with 100 broken tackles on 258 carries this past season.

3. RB MILES SANDERS, PENN STATE

Sanders needs to get his fumbling problem cleaned up (five this year), but he picked up right where Saquon left off for the Nittany Lions.

As for taking a talented, rehabbing player such as Love, I think it would be a smart use of a late round pick to get him for essentially a red shirt year.  We have been discussing how the Bills don't have spots on their 2019 roster for 10 picks and that would be another way around the problem.  So, we have use late round picks to move up, convert them to 2020 picks, use one on a red shirting player or draft a punter to compete for that job.

Sanders have more tread on tires

21 minutes ago, mrags said:

Was last years Penn St RB named Thomas? I must have missed that 

Wow man! Just wow!

Can't get one by you. At least you got the Thomas connection?

It's lite humor dude, wasn't meant to be seriously accurate, but Bravo anyway?

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Wow man! Just wow!

Can't get one by you. At least you got the Thomas connection?

It's lite humor dude, wasn't meant to be seriously accurate, but Bravo anyway?

All in fun my friend. 

I like Sanders. He’s just not my favorite. Especially when my guy can be had 1-3 rounds later than Sanders. 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

All in fun my friend. 

I like Sanders. He’s just not my favorite. Especially when my guy can be had 1-3 rounds later than Sanders. 

?All good.

Sanders looks like he could be something special if not a very competent starter. 

Patrick looks to be a short yardage chain mover, goal line type back. Tough to bring down, decent vision but looks to lack long speed. But you're right, wouldn't be mad if we got him in the 6th or later.

Nico Evans, Wyoming RB, missed three games, still rushed for 1200 yards on 200 carries, average yards per carry 6.5.  Great value.  Not alot of highlights.  Was leading the nation in yards until he pulled his hammy against Washington St.  

Very good in pass pro.  Knows Josh well.  Plays in the cold.  Hard worker and very humble.

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

?All good.

Sanders looks like he could be something special if not a very competent starter. 

Patrick looks to be a short yardage chain mover, goal line type back. Tough to bring down, decent vision but looks to lack long speed. But you're right, wouldn't be mad if we got him in the 6th or later.

Patrick was a 2nd RB I wanted late. My guy is LJ Scott from Michigan St. dudes a beast. 

3 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Listen, my dream first 3 picks for the Bills in this draft are:

1) DK Metcalf: big bodied, deep threat, contested ball type wideout

2) Jeffery Simmons: dominant interior lineman. 

3) Miles Sanders: home run hitting RB. Shady like. Tutelage from Gore/Shady

Metcalf and Sanders can be impact players to pair with Allen. Simmons when healthy was top 5 player in college.

Sanders have more tread on tires

That's ok. Sanders may be perfect.  I prefer RBs that get what's there plus a consistent extra.  I don't appreciate the McCoy/Barry Sanders home run hitting dancers nearly as much as most do.  Too many bad run plays that lose yards and can kill a drive.  Robb Riddick is an under the radar favorite of mine, and I saw James Conner much the same way.  Blitz pickup, some plus as a receiver, grind out tough yards in tough situations, consistently beat tacklers for extra yardage, move-the-chains and secure the ball.  Yeah, fumbles matter too.  Montgomery had almost 700 touches with only 3 fumbles.

Whoever they do draft will not get much of a work load in 2019 and can be eased into the offense.  I think the right guy can be had in the 3rd round and it would be nice to get an extra pick there to do it   

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

Patrick was a 2nd RB I wanted late. My guy is LJ Scott from Michigan St. dudes a beast. 

Impressive. I can see the comparisons to Bell. Very patient, waits for the blocks to develop. Good speed also. Think he'd be rated higher, what gives?

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Impressive. I can see the comparisons to Bell. Very patient, waits for the blocks to develop. Good speed also. Think he'd be rated higher, what gives?

He’s horrible! A complete slug. Sorry mrags. He got progressively worse his whole career and off-field stuff too. Peaked as a freshman. 

Edited by YoloinOhio