Feels like Pick 9 is no-mans land

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I think too many people are way overthinking the draft.

DL has not been addressed in FA (yet).

Beane knows the draft has a lot of DLs early.  He has an early pick.

Odds are he picks a DL at #9.

This draft is DEEP at DL and RB so there's a good chance he waits to draft one of those positions later and take a WR/OL at 9. 

I would HATE Metcalf at 9 but if he's still there, I think he's the pick. 

1 hour ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

This draft is DEEP at DL and RB so there's a good chance he waits to draft one of those positions later and take a WR/OL at 9. 

I would HATE Metcalf at 9 but if he's still there, I think he's the pick. 

I predict that he will still be there at 20

9 hours ago, foreboding said:

Unless a blue-chip falls, the Bills are likely to have a pool of players who could just as easily be there at a later pick, 12 or 14. Without some luck (QB who might stir a trade or another Blue chip falls) I do not love our position. 

Personally I really hope Beane either goes for a blue-chip by expending some of this years draft capital or trades down.

I know we have been discussing this in various threads, but what are your thoughts?

I dont understand this logic, just makes no sense.

The draft will fall based on what teams are targeting, not based on true player grades.  A guy taken at 12 can just as easily be taken at 6 if a team prioritizes that player/position.  There are guys who are top 10 prospects on everyones board every year that fall outside the top 10 just based on how the draft plays out.  

There are essentially 12 positions that will be drafted with picks in the first round:  QB, RB, WR, TE, OG, OT, C, DT, EDGE, LB, CB, S

We pick 9th...that means we are guaranteed that the top prospect of at least 4 of those positions will be on the board at 9.  Reality is that the top guy at probably 6 or 7 of those positions will be there because a couple of those positions will have multiple players drafted in first 8 picks.  

So how is drafting the top prospect at a position in a draft just automatically mean we aren't getting a blue chip prospect?  Or lets say the top guy at say OT was taken...the #2 guy is automatically not a blue chip prospect?  That doesnt make sense.  

At 9 there will be a number of blue chip prospects available and at more than 1 position for us.  Picking 9th is a great spot to be in this year, its a deep draft and the top 10 is loaded with talent.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

On 4/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, foreboding said:

Unless a blue-chip falls, the Bills are likely to have a pool of players who could just as easily be there at a later pick, 12 or 14. Without some luck (QB who might stir a trade or another Blue chip falls) I do not love our position. 

Personally I really hope Beane either goes for a blue-chip by expending some of this years draft capital or trades down.

I know we have been discussing this in various threads, but what are your thoughts?

Everyone wants to trade either up or down.  So lets play a little game.

What pick do you want to go up to (what are you giving up to get there)?  And why would the other team make the trade.

If you want to trade down (who is comin up, for who, and what are they giving up)?