Returning to Buffalo for the Eagles game

Hello,

I am returning to Buffalo for the Eagles game with a fairly large group (12) of fellas (yes, most of them are Bills fans!).  I was looking at VRBO and AirBNB, but i did not see any rentals near the stadium.  Is that normal?  Do listings change once the schedule comes out?  And, if there typically are no rentals near the stadium, I am looking for some help in planning our trip.  Any tips?  

Sincerely,

Rick

Being a suburb, Orchard Park has far fewer options for lodging than Buffalo proper.  That said, it's really fun to stay in Buffalo.  Make a couple of the non-Bills fans DD for the game and uber around the rest of the weekend.  I like being downtown or in Allentown, but even if you're uptown a bit it's easy to get to bars/restaurants via uber/lyft. 

Twelve is a lot, so it might be tough to find an airbnb with enough beds for all of you.  You can find some places where the owners own two or three houses on the same street and rent them all out, but it may just be easier to get a block of rooms at a hotel.

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2019 at 12:17 PM, Jerseybillssabresfan said:

Hey Levi, thanks for the advice!  I like the idea... we’ll look at Allentown or downtown.  We do have a non drinker, so our DD is a built in.  I’ll strap the eagles fans to the roof...that way hammer will let me in even if I’m late!  

i will have a good crew of Eagles fans as well..make sure you sign up for the TBD tailgate, Hammers lot is great and there will be plenty of Eagles fans for us to make of!!!

• 2 months later...

Flying in from Edmonton for my first Bills game, with my brother[eagles fan] flying in from Nova Scotia, definitely plan on finding Hammers lot.  

I so need tailgating advice lol. Anything else a can’t miss thing?  

Edited by Cory Tro

On 7/23/2019 at 9:45 PM, Cory Tro said:

Flying in from Edmonton for my first Bills game, with my brother[eagles fan] flying in from Nova Scotia, definitely plan on finding Hammers lot.  

I so need tailgating advice lol. Anything else a can’t miss thing?  

here ya go

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F9yhWkCZkeTFX_6yagiiwCPu-JUnhBAxuPILxW8U438/edit

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

calling @mead107, he is the cureater  of all things Hammer Lot!

Docent, "lot docent." Sorry to be a smart azz.  I guess a curator is kinda right... We are a collection.

And don't give me any lip... I got 4/5 this week! And....Only getting stronger! ?

do·cent
/ˈdōsənt/
noun
  1. 1.
    (in certain universities and colleges) a member of the teaching staff immediately below professorial rank.

2. 2.
    a person who acts as a guide, typically on a voluntary basis, in a museum, art gallery, or zoo.

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Docent, "lot docent." Sorry to be a smart azz.  I guess a curator is kinda right... We are a collection.

And don't give me any lip... I got 4/5 this week! And....Only getting stronger! ?

do·cent
/ˈdōsənt/
noun
  1. 1.
    (in certain universities and colleges) a member of the teaching staff immediately below professorial rank.

2. 2.
    a person who acts as a guide, typically on a voluntary basis, in a museum, art gallery, or zoo.

Only time i ever saw my son in awe of a docent...a docent at the Marine Corp Museum who was also an vet who had served at Iwo Jima 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The Eagles fans at my brother's lot (across from Hammer's) were great. Had half the Philly fire dept there (well, maybe not quite half, closer to 1/10th.) When the front came through with the rain we were all in the garage. I asked who the jr. member of the dept. was. A young man said "I am sir." I pointed to a car more than 30 yards away and said "Behind that car is a green cooler. In the bottom of that cooler are several bottles of Yuengling. Would you mind getting me one?" To which he replied "I'm on it" and returned a minute later, bottle in hand "Here you go sir!"

Ahhh, if only the game had turned out better.

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS locked this topic