Your All-Time Fav/Memorable Bills Plays

Probable unpopular opinion...

I hate people saying the Don Beebe strip as any kind of favorite play. It epitomizes and celebrates a loss and losers, not a win. Sure it was a tremendous effort, sure it stopped a touchdown, and represented Buffalo's blue collar, never give up attitude. But it had zero effect on a terrible game and humiliating defeat.

48 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

Image result for don beebe sb fumble gif

made it only a 55 point loss, dance everyone!

every diehard Bills fan at the gathering where i watching the game had abandoned ship well before that play, they didn't see it happen in real time...

As a member of the drought generation don't have the memorable SB ones like others so:

-1998 Flutie bootleg TD on 4th down vs Jax. Prob my first big Bills moment I remember

-2003 Sam Adams TD run vs NE

-2011 Drayton Florence INT TD to get the Bills ahead of NE

-2014 Freddie run in OT to get the ball to 2 yard line and essentially ice the game

-2014 Sammy TD with 7 seconds left to beat MIN. Happened in front of us really neat to see that close

-2014 Rodgers sack for Safety. Was at that game it was the loudest I've ever heard the stadium

-2015 Colts opener Taylor to Harvin TD pass to open the game. Again happened literally in front of us super cool to see that kind of athleticism

-2016 Patrick Peterson INT. Wasn't good for the Bills but probably the best INT I've ever seen

-2017 Kyle Williams TD in Miami when they clinched the playoffs.

-2018 Josh Allen hurdle vs Minnesota

-2018 Josh Allen TD vs Jax to Foster

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

The only important play in the only AFC playoff game that was remotely a contest those 4 years, where for a minute I thought the Bills would lose. (The Comeback Game was never in doubt to me.)

Elway's pass is tipped by Jeff Wright and the pick 6 went to Carlton Bailey to help clinch the 10-7 win in the 1991 AFC Championship Game.

thanks to Doc for adding this, but it is truly #1

3 senior citizens watching with me jumped up out of their couch/easy chair and screamed with delight at this play, the only time they showed any sign of life in watching a game with them for decades, it was that vital at the time.

It was the only time the stadium showed signs of life that game. Of note, Norwoods’ 47 yarder were the winning points. Yes, Forty Seven yards! That wasn’t lost on the crowd, given the outcome of his previous 47 yard playoff attempt..

How close we came...

5 hours ago, Steve O said:

The first catch (also by Roland Hooks) was one of the best of all time. Couldn't find it anywhere on line though. Yes I was at the game and did not leave early.

here you go, at 13:45 mark - what a grab!  I forgot it was Hooks too.  I was in last row of upper deck for this one as was in college then - cheap seats!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Stranded in Boston said:

1974 MNF vs. Raiders. Bills lose lead on Jim Braxton fumble with only 1:15 left, but Joe Ferguson caps last-minute comeback drive with TD pass to Ahmad Rashad with only 26 seconds left.  What a game ...

Here’s the video of that game. Just rewatched, a lot of fun. Especially loved Cosell’s pronunciation of Aah-Mod, Rah-Shad.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

43 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Drayton Florence's pick 6 in the game referenced above. Hopes were high!

I think that was actually the next week versus the Patriots.  

Game above was against Oakland.  Two great games with 18 point plus comebacks in both though.  At the time I was ecstatic  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

I think that was actually the next week versus the Patriots.  

Game above was against Oakland.  Two great games with 18 point plus comebacks in both though.  At the time I was ecstatic  

Ah. Nice catch. It was actually the next SEASON. Didn't fully examine the post and assumed it was the end of the 12' Pats game. The Dray Flo Pick elicited such emotion for various reasons. Sadly, that regular season win is the highlight of the last decade. Better days ahead....maybe.:D

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Steve O said:

The first catch (also by Roland Hooks) was one of the best of all time. Couldn't find it anywhere on line though. Yes I was at the game and did not leave early.

I was there on the visitor side sitting at the ten yard line. Didn’t leave either

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Great post, thanks for the upload! Did anyone else catch that the Denver blocker who got beat by Odomes was none other than Rick Dennison? Small world...

Also, what a classic line by the Ref—“I’ve been requested to assist in quieting the crowd, your cooperation is appreciated” as poor Elway can’t call his audibles backed up to the EZ, LOL!! 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I won't go into the depths of Bills history, but my favorite play from last season was Allen's improbable bomb to Foster for the long TD.

It looked like Allen had been sacked by multiple defenders, and then you just see the ball launched out of the midst of a scrum. I'll never know how he got that thing off.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/10/2019 at 4:42 AM, OJ Tom said:

I always loved the Ronnie Harmon drop in the Browns playoff game, myself. 

By far the most painful thing about that play is that he was on the take...