Your All-Time Fav/Memorable Bills Plays

10 hours ago, Blue on Blue said:

Don Beebe chasing down showboating Leon Lett and stripping the ball, preventing a touchdown in a blowout Super Bowl loss, was not only the greatest play in Bills history, but also the quintessential metaphor for the history of the franchise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6gmDtVYdLA

It was a nice effort by Beebe, hardly the greatest play in team history. 

Many Great ones already mentioned. I always think of this amazing, and ultimately heartbreaking, return by Terrence McGee. For those that don't remember, this happened at the end of the half and time ran out as the return unfolded. It is probably the greatest return in NFL history to result in no points scored.

• Like (+1) 2

The only important play in the only AFC playoff game that was remotely a contest those 4 years, where for a minute I thought the Bills would lose. (The Comeback Game was never in doubt to me.)

Elway's pass is tipped by Jeff Wright and the pick 6 went to Carlton Bailey to help clinch the 10-7 win in the 1991 AFC Championship Game.

thanks to Doc for adding this, but it is truly #1

3 senior citizens watching with me jumped up out of their couch/easy chair and screamed with delight at this play, the only time they showed any sign of life in watching a game with them for decades, it was that vital at the time.

Edited by row_33
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The flutie vs jax game is when i believed in him. He had to make a great throw to Eric Moulds to set up that play- moulds was not yet even competent- and the bootleg was a busted play. Flutie had an ability to improvise that few could.

Flutie.... *****, get help.... already....

Robert James -- The most underrated player in franchise history whose career was tragically cut short by a terrible knee injury.

Greatest moment in franchise should be obvious. The 1965 AFL Championship game. Bills 23, Chargers 0

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..Losman throwing TWO 83 yard TD's passes to #83 in the same game....

Tyrod did something just like this as well, took 5 minutes before Bills fans whined that this meant the D had to go back on the field quickly.

3 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

When OJ planted his foot and turned the run up field, it was like he was shot out of a gun.  He just accelerated away from everyone.  Great memory!

I thought his best was a 56 yard TD against the Colts when he ran around the strong side, saw heavy pursuit and took it back around the other way, then back again. No other RB had his vision and ability to cut back.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I thought his best was a 56 yard TD against the Colts when he ran around the strong side, saw heavy pursuit and took it back around the other way, then back again. No other RB had his vision and ability to cut back.

he said his best game was against the Steelers, their D was perfectly placed on every play, so he worked against that for over 200 yards

My fave was probably the back to back Roland Hooks' diving catches for the win, but as far as recent best play, last year's Josh Allen 26 yard TD pass to Croom against the Vikes was as perfect a combination of play design, call, execution, and result as you will see. 

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-finds-jason-croom-for-a-26-yard-touchdown

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Fred Smerlas’ blocked kick. Wasn't really the greatest thing ever but I'll never forget it. I can still picture everything about it and where I was. It's kinda creepy how much I remember about that day. 

First play that popped in my mind.

??

14 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It's the off-season, and relatively dead off-season right now at that, with the draft still a couple weeks away and FA basically done as far as the "splashes" go. So to help pass the time in a more productive manner than dropping a useless mock draft your way, I wanted to see what specific plays in our franchise history have resonated/stuck with you--either that you watched happen, or discovered in the archives...and can be either good or bad (hopefully everyone has at least one good one to offer up though?)

Here's a few for the "good" column, in no particular order of importance:

(1) Jim Kelly's QB sneak & end zone dive for the win, 1989 at the Fish with time expiring

(2) Jim Kelly's TD to Lofton after recovering a fumbled shotgun snap, capping a perfect 6/6 opening drive against the Raiders, 1990 AFC Championship

(3) Christie boots it through in OT to complete the greatest comeback of all time, 1993

(4) Don Beebe reversing almost the entire field to chase down & strip Leon Lett of the ball and save a TD in SB XXVII

(5) "The Leap" heard 'round the world, Josh Allen 2018 

To me Christie’s kick was almost anti-climactic.  We were all worn out from screaming our lungs out the entire 2nd half.  My favorite plays from that game were Andre’s TD on 4th down, and Kenny Davis’ almost-TD-run that preceded Reed’s go-ahead TD.

Other plays that stick out in my mind:

Mid-70s:  as a young kid one of my earliest Bills’ memories was watching OJ taking it 70+ yards to the house early in a game at Miami

80s:  Greg Bell’s 80-yd TD vs. Dallas during a 2-14 season; Beebe’s headstand vs. Cleveland in the playoffs

90s:  Blocked FG and Biscuit TD vs. Denver that started the crazy comeback in that game; JD Williams blocked punt in the following game vs. Raiders

• Thank you (+1) 2