Your All-Time Fav/Memorable Bills Plays

As a big fan of the early 80s Bills my most memorable play is the Fergy to Roland Hooks Hail Mary versus Patriots in 1981.  Two passes from our 20 to win with time running out!  Great to hear Van Miller on the radio call too - sorry unable to embed video.  Worth the watch!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJNNLuwNMw

Edited by freddyjj
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Kelly fumbles the snap on the first drive against the Raiders in the championship game. He picks it up, turns, runs to his right and (in the words of the great Dick Enberg) "throws to Lofton for a touchdown!"

Some others that jump straight to mind:

Sam Adams lumbering into the endzone during the 31-0 win on opening day Vs the Pats

Any play involving a Fred Jackson stiff arm

Bruce stopping OJ Anderson on 4th and short in the Super Bowl

The Terrence McGee return that didn't quite make the endzone

Josh's hurdle

Josh's flick of the wrist throw down the field against the Jags

Andre's 3TDs in the comeback

So many

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

At first I thought there's no way I can pick one play.  Then I thought about what was the most amazing game the Bills ever played and I kept coming back to the playoff comeback win against Houston. 

So I figured it had to be a play from that game and while I thought the Beebe TD catch was big I'll go with the successful onside kick executed right after that TD.  That led to the Bills cutting the Houston's lead from 35 - 3 to 35 - 17 and suddenly the corpse stirred. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Some immediate one's that come to mind that haven't been mentioned.

-Flutie's naked bootleg for game winning TD against Jaguars.

-Carlton Bailey's pick 6 against the Broncos in AFC Championship game.

-Sam Adams rumbling into end zone on Brady fumble opening day 2003.

-Bruce Smith strip sack of Randell Cunningham

The flutie vs jax game is when i believed in him. He had to make a great throw to Eric Moulds to set up that play- moulds was not yet even competent- and the bootleg was a busted play. Flutie had an ability to improvise that few could.

Anytime Nathan Peterman touched the ball.... ?

As someone who became a fan in ‘03, my memories have less to do with winning. But some that stand out:

Ryan Lindell (or Morman) fake fd pass td to Ryan Denny. 

Chris Kelsey pick six vs Romo on MNF. 

Fred Jackson violating Chris Conte (who someone stayed around long enough to let it happen again. Dude. Retire) 

Sam Adams pick six. 

Drayton Florence Pick six of Brady in our first win of the pats since the first game I ever watched. 

TT to Percy Hardin in week 1 vs the colts (ah the excitement...)

Josh Allen throwing the ball so hard that Tom Brady’s genitals fall off (this one happens this coming season) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

As a big fan of the early 80s Bills my most memorable play is the Fergy to Roland Hooks Hail Mary versus Patriots in 1981.  Two passes from our 20 to win with time running out!  Great to hear Van Miller on the radio call too - sorry unable to embed video.  Worth the watch!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJNNLuwNMw

The first catch (also by Roland Hooks) was one of the best of all time. Couldn't find it anywhere on line though. Yes I was at the game and did not leave early.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Some immediate one's that come to mind that haven't been mentioned.

-Flutie's naked bootleg for game winning TD against Jaguars.

-Carlton Bailey's pick 6 against the Broncos in AFC Championship game.

-Sam Adams rumbling into end zone on Brady fumble opening day 2003.

-Bruce Smith strip sack of Randell Cunningham

Surprised Flutie's Naked Bootleg  took so long to get a mention in this thread.

You also referenced the Sam Adams play which is definitely one for the ages

Image result for sam adams sports illustrated cover

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Fred Smerlas’ blocked kick. Wasn't really the greatest thing ever but I'll never forget it. I can still picture everything about it and where I was. It's kinda creepy how much I remember about that day. 

Agreed.  Why this is memorable for me, is it secured a playoff spot for the Bills in a long, long time.

The Rochester D& C ran a headline - Smerlas Blocks Out The past.

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

When OJ planted his foot and turned the run up field, it was like he was shot out of a gun.  He just accelerated away from everyone.  Great memory!

Yep. You just can’t coach world class speed. And OJ had it.